Hi,

I know this is a BlackBerry diehard site. I'm a BlackBerry diehard.

A friend of mine in the UK, wants to buy a new phone unlocked. He has budget.

he's down the final two: KEYone and the smaller Pixel.

I have a KEYone so I'm trying to convince him, but he's leaning towards the Pixel because the lighter weight and allure of getting Android updates quicker.

I need some help from the BlackBerry community to give me some more valid points and arguments to tell him so that he can buy the BlackBerry lol....
    05-21-17 06:45 AM
    Does he want a pkb or not? That's the only question.
    05-21-17 07:32 AM
    I would say having the PKB and some of the security features would be the main selling points, cost should also be considered, compare the cost of the pixel 32 gig and the Keyone. Warranty support would also be on my list, hope it helps.
    05-21-17 07:39 AM
    I have Google Pixel and my wife has KEYone.
    I REALLY like the KEYone and am considering dumping my Pixel but I'm not sure I can used to PKB.
    Battery is not that good on Pixel really at all. Just like every other phone it's size.
    People say they type faster on VKB but how many times do you have to correct words? So for faster accuracy the PKB is better.
    Camera on Pixel is faster and slightly better in low light but not a huge difference.
    Overall the speed difference of the two phones is negligible.
    If PKB is an attraction for your friend then I would go KEYone, because anything the Pixel does the KEYone can do.
    05-21-17 07:42 AM
    Does he want to fast open apps with a single button press?
    Does he prefer to smudge the screen or swipe keyboard to scroll?
    Does he want the 100% engaged feel of pushing a button or tapping on glass?
    Does he mind having the screen get 1/2 size every time he types?
    05-21-17 07:42 AM
    For your comparison. Trying to show actual screen size difference. Not much.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone vs. Google Pixel (small one) - friend needs convincing-93482.jpg  
    Good Future likes this.
    05-21-17 07:51 AM
    I have Google Pixel and my wife has KEYone.
    I REALLY like the KEYone and am considering dumping my Pixel but I'm not sure I can used to PKB.
    Battery is not that good on Pixel really at all. Just like every other phone it's size.
    People say they type faster on VKB but how many times do you have to correct words? So for faster accuracy the PKB is better.
    Camera on Pixel is faster and slightly better in low light but not a huge difference.
    Overall the speed difference of the two phones is negligible.
    If PKB is an attraction for your friend then I would go KEYone, because anything the Pixel does the KEYone can do.
    Thanks. These points are great
    05-21-17 07:58 AM
    Does he want to fast open apps with a single button press?
    Does he prefer to smudge the screen or swipe keyboard to scroll?
    Does he want the 100% engaged feel of pushing a button or tapping on glass?
    Does he mind having the screen get 1/2 size every time he types?
    Good point about 1/2 screen. I didn't realise. Does that happen on the Pixel? I guess so right?
    05-21-17 07:59 AM
    Thanks for the picture.

Much appreciated!
    05-21-17 07:59 AM
    not much difference at all!!
    05-21-17 08:00 AM
    So the quick updates are not an issue?
    05-21-17 08:09 AM
    So the quick updates are not an issue?
    Who knows. The Priv was updated from Lollipop to Marshmallow, but likely won't get the Nougat update. I would say the KEYone would get at least Android O when it comes out, but who knows.

As others have said, it really comes down to a preference on keyboard.
    05-21-17 09:58 AM
    Who knows. The Priv was updated from Lollipop to Marshmallow, but likely won't get the Nougat update. I would say the KEYone would get at least Android O when it comes out, but who knows.

As others have said, it really comes down to a preference on keyboard.
    Thanks

KEYone with Android O would have monster battery live. Heard that main features of Android O is reducing the background App work and increasing security.
    05-21-17 10:35 AM
    Thanks all. I will use all these points and pictures.
    05-21-17 10:46 AM
    I had to switch to the Pixel XL because after a years usage my PRIV"s charger port decided to malfunction and not charge so the next best thing at the time was the G Pix xl. I am not going to deny it, the pixel is an extremely powerful device and everything runs super smooth and quick on device. Plus unlimited cloud storage for pics is also a great bonus. Personally despite the power of the device and the world hoopla about it, it doesnt' work for me.
    Heres the thing. I know I touch type correctly but with all touch screen devices, i seem to get constant typing error and wastes alot of time backspacing correcting it all. To this day I rip my hair out at the huge waste of time. Im in a business where I have to respond to large amounts of business email and so productive time is wasted. Loss time=client loss. SO I CANT WAIT for the Key one.
    05-21-17 11:41 AM
    He's on a budget but is considering a pixel? I don't understand.
    05-21-17 12:01 PM
    Does he want a pkb or not? That's the only question.
    If he didn't want pkb?
    05-21-17 12:05 PM
    He's on a budget but is considering a pixel? I don't understand.
    He has a $800 - $1000 budget*
    05-21-17 12:10 PM
    If he didn't want pkb?
    Why look at a KEYᵒⁿᵉ if you don't want a pkb? Get a slab.
    05-21-17 12:12 PM
    Ah. Well, no need to convince him to buy a KEYone, just explain to him the differences and let him decide what he needs more. The pixel is your typical consumer device. Stock android, gorgeous display, amazing camera, and quick updates. However, although subjective, it's ugly. It will also have inferior battery life to the K1.

The K1 has that physical keyboard and it ultimately does come down to whether or not he wants one. It will blow the pixel away with battery life too. So if accurate communication and longevity are important to him, KEYone. If he prefers a virtual keyboard and wants a future proof device with an outstanding camera, then pixel. Also, although the pixel has the fastest updates, BlackBerry has been a close 2nd, so you won't be slow by any means. Security updates appear monthly.
    Good Future likes this.
    05-21-17 12:17 PM
    Ah. Well, no need to convince him to buy a KEYone, just explain to him the differences and let him decide what he needs more. The pixel is your typical consumer device. Stock android, gorgeous display, amazing camera, and quick updates. However, although subjective, it's ugly. It will also have inferior battery life to the K1.

The K1 has that physical keyboard and it ultimately does come down to whether or not he wants one. It will blow the pixel away with battery life too. So if accurate communication and longevity are important to him, KEYone. If he prefers a virtual keyboard and wants a future proof device with an outstanding camera, then pixel. Also, although the pixel has the fastest updates, BlackBerry has been a close 2nd, so you won't be slow by any means. Security updates appear monthly.
    Right on
    05-21-17 12:38 PM
    Why try to convince a friend to buy your phone?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    krzyabn likes this.
    05-21-17 01:08 PM
    If he didn't want pkb?
    Pixel, no question.
    05-21-17 01:14 PM
    Pixel, no question.
    If not KEYone then Pixel every time.

Love the KEYone for my wife and maybe I will get it someday soon but if not I really like my Pixel. Can't wait for Pixel 2 this October! Decisions Decisions.
    05-21-17 03:16 PM
    Why try to convince a friend to buy your phone?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    The friend may be OP :-)
    05-21-17 03:17 PM
31 12