I've combed through YouTube videos and through the forums, but has anyone seen if the swipe (home - left, up, right) shortcuts are on the KeyOne? Hoping for those who had hands-on to chime in.
    03-18-17 03:42 PM
    I've combed through YouTube videos and through the forums, but has anyone seen if the swipe (home - left, up, right) shortcuts are on the KeyOne? Hoping for those who had hands-on to chime in.
    I tried to use these on Kevin's KEYone at a meet up. Didn't work. Figured because the software was pre production. But I don't know. Anyone else know?
    03-18-17 03:49 PM
    Maybe Kevin wasn't using the BlackBerry launcher?

It would be crazy if it's not integrated...
    Bure03 likes this.
    03-18-17 04:15 PM
    I sure hope it hasn't been relegated to mapping to one of the hardware keys, since that has what's been promoting.
    03-18-17 04:49 PM
    Sadly the home button swipe shortcuts (BB10) are gone. I loved this hidden feature. I was able to place the phone (left), privacy shade (up) and camera (right). Was quicker that any app launch and created a sence of privacy, say for times someone borrowed your phone and snooped your call log. I will miss the quick access from anywhere, on any pages. Now to figure out which button "shortcuts" to use.
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne - Swipe Shortcuts?-152361.jpg  
    04-28-17 09:03 AM
    Sadly the home button swipe shortcuts (BB10) are gone. I loved this hidden feature. I was able to place the phone (left), privacy shade (up) and camera (right). Was quicker that any app launch and created a sence of privacy, say for times someone borrowed your phone and snooped your call log. I will miss the quick access from anywhere, on any pages. Now to figure out which button "shortcuts" to use.
    Where that pic come from?
    04-28-17 10:01 AM
    I don't understand why it would be removed if it worked fine before??

And to say one shortcut somehow replaces 3 shortcuts is ridiculous...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-28-17 10:12 AM
    Where that pic come from?
    I'm not sure if posting an external link is allowed. Admins: I can remove the link if needed.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ion_24hr_test/
    04-28-17 10:15 AM
    I'm not sure if posting an external link is allowed. Admins: I can remove the link if needed.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...ion_24hr_test/
    Thanks so I think the gesture is gone now
    04-28-17 10:18 AM
    Yes, I can confirm through another source that the swipe is gone. But doesn't have to be permanent. We need to literally harass them about it so they will find a way to get it to work. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Twitter, facebook, email, get working guys, plead your case as to why it is a great feature. Just stay respectful otherwise they would be inclined not to listen to you...

04-28-17 11:28 AM
    This is one feature I always use on my Dtek60. I hope by the time the Keyone launches in the US this feature is back. Disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 11:41 AM
    Not sure I'm actually bothered they removed it being that the keyboard shortcuts and the convenience key more than compensate for its removal.

I'm so hungry for this phone. Hope I can get up to £300 for my dtek60 once I chuck it on eBay.
    04-28-17 11:49 AM
    Not sure I'm actually bothered they removed it being that the keyboard shortcuts and the convenience key more than compensate for its removal.

I'm so hungry for this phone. Hope I can get up to £300 for my dtek60 once I chuck it on eBay.
    Not at all. The keyboard shortcuts only work in the homescreen. Swipe works from within any app. Convenience key launches one shortcut. Swipe launched three. That's what you call a compromise. Ideally we need to demand that these new features ADD to the existing ones, not replace them...

bbslide likes this.
    04-28-17 11:52 AM
    Yes, I can confirm through another source that the swipe is gone. But doesn't have to be permanent. We need to literally harass them about it so they will find a way to get it to work. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Twitter, facebook, email, get working guys, plead your case as to why it is a great feature. Just stay respectful otherwise they would be inclined not to listen to you...

They should let us use gestures on the capacitive keyboard. I would think that that would be relatively easy to implement, since it doesn't interfere with the on-screen Android interface.

Bring back peek and Flow on the keyboard!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-28-17 11:59 AM
    Not at all. The keyboard shortcuts only work in the homescreen. Swipe works from within any app. Convenience key launches one shortcut. Swipe launched three. That's what you call a compromise. Ideally we need to demand that these new features ADD to the existing ones, not replace them...

Thanks for the heads up slagman5. I agree this is a feature that is very helpful. The convenience key is nice but the swipe up feature gives more options to other apps or actions from anywhere. Also with the screen being higher it's a more fluid movement compared to pressing the square button (recent apps) and choosing something. Also slightly quicker than pressing home and then keyboard shortcut. It's just one motion.

I did see the user that mentioned it in pg. 12 and hopefully it's something they are working on.
    04-28-17 12:07 PM
    Think it was a Nougat thing. Swipe shortcuts are gone. Probably has to do with the split screen mode etc.
    04-28-17 12:09 PM
    Think it was a Nougat thing. Swipe shortcuts are gone. Probably has to do with the split screen mode etc.
    Welcome to Android.

Yea it's probably nougat, was too difficult for them to bring it over.

Interested to see if it remains for the existing devices once they get updated to nougat.
    04-28-17 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the heads up slagman5. I agree this is a feature that is very helpful. The convenience key is nice but the swipe up feature gives more options to other apps or actions from anywhere. Also with the screen being higher it's a more fluid movement compared to pressing the square button (recent apps) and choosing something. Also slightly quicker than pressing home and then keyboard shortcut. It's just one motion.

I did see the user that mentioned it in pg. 12 and hopefully it's something they are working on.
    And while you're typing your thumb is already there. Much quicker and less wasted movements to do that than to reach to the side to hit the convenience key...

04-28-17 12:37 PM
    Samsung had split screen and floating minimized apps for years before Google made it native for android. Older hardware and older OS. I think it should be possible but I'm no expert.

If it has a convenience key like older Blackberrys I would think swipe up would be useful to their users and work flow for "productivity".

I'm hopeful it will come but we should probably ask/request this feature.
    04-28-17 01:00 PM

You're right actually. Either way.. I'm not bothered so I guess it's all about the users view as to what compromise actually is based on their own use as always.
    04-28-17 01:10 PM
    I figure it was maybe a problem with the capacitive navigation buttons above the keyboard?

Also, since the above mentioned reason to why they removed it (C++ nightmare) Maybe it was slowing down the system too much and decided to make the phone snappier by removing it.

I DO like the idea of having swipe shortcuts using the capactive keyboard, however! I think using the swipe shortcut action FROM the spacebar would work amazing!
    04-28-17 02:05 PM
    Well this is a great disappointment. Makes me not want to upgrade to Nougat on my Priv if it comes. But then I wouldn't get security updates. We need to make noise about this like Slagman says.
    04-28-17 06:33 PM
    Well this is a great disappointment. Makes me not want to upgrade to Nougat on my Priv if it comes. But then I wouldn't get security updates. We need to make noise about this like Slagman says.
    Loll make noise

Can't any anybody see.

They've been saying they're a software company but are inconsistent with their monthly updates, there is no reason why during one period one device is left behind and then in another period another different device is left behind. It's incompetence.

Their software focus is on their enterprise solutions with their hub + suite as an afterthought.

They already win with the licensing model and if tcl fails well , BlackBerry already left the device business anyway. Not their problem.

They have priorities and their devices software isn't one of them, that's what I'm seeing.
    wojt7 likes this.
    04-28-17 11:11 PM
    I'm assuming it's because the navigation keys are not part of the screen on the keyone
    04-29-17 12:12 AM
    Yes, make noise, it's the only way to get them to move their butts.

04-29-17 01:43 PM
27 12