Hi everybody after many years of wanting a Blackberry i have now finally decided to get the KEYone.

I have never had a Blackberry before and wonder if it's possible to type
    ÅÖÄ with the physical keyboard or get the Swedish keyboard layout.

Thanks!
    KEYone and Swedish keyboard layout.-2000px-kb_sweden.svg.jpg
    03-14-17 05:53 AM
    Swedish input language keyboard is available on PRIV so have no doubt will also be available for KEYone.
    03-14-17 06:03 AM
    Hi everybody after many years of wanting a Blackberry i have now finally decided to get the KEYone.

I have never had a Blackberry before and wonder if it's possible to type
    ÅÖÄ with the physical keyboard or get the Swedish keyboard layout.

Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2000px-KB_Sweden.svg.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	419377
    There won't be dedicated keys for åäö, but it's now possible to assign secondary characters to wherever you want across the keyboard. For example, you could choose to assign sym + a to output ä.

This is much much better than the solutions available on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 07:16 AM
    You can also set them up in word substitution.

Posted via CB10
    Edwardxz likes this.
    03-14-17 09:00 AM
    Since Norwegian is similar to Swedish, I will chime in here. I use Norwegian on my PRIV and I think the software is going to be similar on the KEYone. (Please, someone correct me if it will function any differently on the KEYone.) In my case I have Norwegian set as my 2nd language. I have not, however, tried setting Norwegian as the primary language. When I need ø æ or å i use a long hold on my physical keyboard on the most similar letters, for example, for ø, I long hold o. Then I get the options for similar looking letters including ø, that appear above the PKB on my screen. I simply press on them. For å or æ I hold down a and both options are made available. I believe this will be available on the KEYone. (I think I can also assign letters as described by Critical Observer in post #3 , on the Priv but haven't tried it). The dictionary also gives word suggestions in Norwegian when writing in Norwegian. Perhaps there are some other tips and tricks from others here.
    Edwardxz likes this.
    03-14-17 09:04 AM
    Since Norwegian is similar to Swedish, I will chime in here. I use Norwegian on my PRIV and I think the software is going to be similar on the KEYone. (Please, someone correct me if it will function any differently on the KEYone.) In my case I have Norwegian set as my 2nd language. I have not, however, tried setting Norwegian as the primary language. When I need ø æ or å i use a long hold on my physical keyboard on the most similar letters, for example, for ø, I long hold o. Then I get the options for similar looking letters including ø, that appear above the PKB on my screen. I simply press on them. For å or æ I hold down a and both options are made available. I believe this will be available on the KEYone. (I think I can also assign letters as described by Critical Observer in post #3 , on the Priv but haven't tried it). The dictionary also gives word suggestions in Norwegian when writing in Norwegian. Perhaps there are some other tips and tricks from others here.
    You should definitely try the recently-introduced method of sym+key, it makes typing so much faster. For me, the dreaded press-and-hold for my Äs and Ös has always been the worst aspect of BB-phones so the option to sym+key like a boss on Priv (and later KEYone) feels like a gift from heavens.

Not to forget, this feature was promised for BB10 as well and they even manufactured and sold this:

KEYone and Swedish keyboard layout.-hoandmb.jpg

This feature is STILL referenced in the user's manuals as well.
    03-14-17 01:55 PM
    You should definitely try the recently-introduced method of sym+key, it makes typing so much faster. For me, the dreaded press-and-hold for my Äs and Ös has always been the worst aspect of BB-phones so the option to sym+key like a boss on Priv (and later KEYone) feels like a gift from heavens.

Not to forget, this feature was promised for BB10 as well and they even manufactured and sold this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOAnDmB.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	419402

This feature is STILL referenced in the user's manuals as well.
    Sounds really promising. Had the Nordic Q10 but it worked the same way as my Classic. Hold and pick. Quite good in guessing words though but not 100%

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 04:42 AM
    Can't wait for the keyone but I don't think there will be a Nordic version like the Q10 had. But you can always assign keys so you get Å Ä Ö
    03-19-17 02:00 AM
    The feature is called custom symbol page and was introduced cause users here on this forum asked a lot about better Umlaut support for the PRIV:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12580364

You can see what you can do with it here:

http://www.blackberrybase.net/showth...l=1#post780849

You see it pop up in the vkb area but you can just type SYM+a on PKB and it instantly on writes ä in my case without leaving PKB and no need to wait... It's all one flow.
    For your Swedish you have to configure different letters for Å and Ä so you could (as in the pkb photo in post # 6 /blackberry-keyone-f445/keyone-swedish-keyboard-layout-1102928/#post12804027) use e.g. SYM+i to get Ä and SYM+p to get Å
    Upper case in a word would be SYM SHIFT p (not parallel pressed but one after the other).

I liked Umlaut-entry on webOS, but BlackBerry even made it more configurable and hopefully makes it even more flexible in the future: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12804603

More on Keyboard-app that is also involved in PKB typing is found here:
    http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa.../keyboard.html
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-20-17 at 11:57 PM.
    Edwardxz and BBVill like this.
    03-19-17 02:28 AM
    Thanks for the links very useful!
    03-23-17 03:48 AM
    Spread the news in 🇸🇪 so EU get's the sales on BlackBerrys up.
    03-23-17 05:13 AM
    I use the Svenska language set and prediction on my BlackBerry Classic. As mentioned earlier, I have to long press to get the Ä, Å eller Ö. Vad jag tycker om är att min BlackBerry lär sig så att det presenteras ord som är mest troligt.

Sorry if my Svenska är inte så bra... I don't get regular practice since I move out from home and got married (till en amerikansk norsk).

For the English speakers, I have found that the prediction features work well in predicting the correct word as it learns my word habits.

So for example, if I want to type the word learn in Swedish, I can type lara, and the on screen prediction will present lära that all I need to do is reach up and flick it to automatically convert it. Alternately, I noticed that it presents lärare also after typing in lara.

Hopefully this will be included in the KEYone as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 10:24 PM
    Yes it can (at least on PRIV and software should be the same) and also have suggestions for up to 3 languages simultaneously:

KEYone and Swedish keyboard layout.-1490394477764.jpg

See also:
    http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa...448431998.html

http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa...884796037.html

http://help.blackberry.com/en/keyboa...915651560.html
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-24-17 at 08:42 PM.
    03-24-17 05:28 PM
    Swedish input language keyboard is available on PRIV so have no doubt will also be available for KEYone.
    Will there be Swedish keys on KeyOne like on legacy and BB10 devices?
    05-02-17 12:48 PM
    Will there be Swedish keys on KeyOne like on legacy and BB10 devices?
    99% sure there will be not. Scandinavian version of q10 was a flop and useless.

Tools not toys
    05-02-17 06:51 PM
    The feature is called custom symbol page and was introduced cause users here on this forum asked a lot about better Umlaut support for the PRIV:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12580364

You can see what you can do with it here:

Alles Rund um die Tastatur (Shortcuts, Gesten, Funktionen) - Seite 3

You see it pop up in the vkb area but you can just type SYM+a on PKB and it instantly on writes ä in my case without leaving PKB and no need to wait... It's all one flow.
    For your Swedish you have to configure different letters for Å and Ä so you could (as in the pkb photo in post # 6 https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12804027) use e.g. SYM+i to get Ä and SYM+p to get Å
    Upper case in a word would be SYM SHIFT p (not parallel pressed but one after the other).

I liked Umlaut-entry on webOS, but BlackBerry even made it more configurable and hopefully makes it even more flexible in the future: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...1#post12804603

More on Keyboard-app that is also involved in PKB typing is found here:
    About the BlackBerry Keyboard - Keyboard - latest
    Got my KeyOne yesterday and activated this symbol thing. Very very convenient! Thanks!!
    06-13-17 03:31 AM
    After the latest update this feature is changed. Now when you write sym+a it changes the letter to ä but it lefts the symbol screen on instead of automatically closing it. So there is an extra press to close that. Quite annoying actually. Anybody know a workaraound?
    07-27-17 01:36 PM
    This is how it looks on my passport, when im in a textbox a virtual åäö apears at all times on the screen. This is perfekt and if the keyone has this ill buy it yesterday, but they say it doesnt so im gonna wait.

,åäö?. <---- these symbols apears all the time on my screen when typing. When i want to use numbers and other symbols i just swipe down on the fkeyboard and they apear on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 07:51 AM
    yes but I'm talking about KeyOne
    07-29-17 06:05 AM
    Sounds good! But how do I do that?
    05-11-22 05:41 AM