Is there a hardware difference between the space black and silver edition?

Based on the comments on the following YouTube video there is...

12-13-17 07:04 PM
    12-13-17 07:28 PM
    Nope nada...just an extra gig of ram and instead of 32gig internal storage, it is now 64gig.
    12-13-17 07:32 PM
    Nope nada...just an extra gig of ram and instead of 32gig internal storage, it is now 64gig.
    This is the att version, not the limited edition black. This one is the same as the silver.
    12-13-17 07:34 PM
    This is the att version, not the limited edition black. This one is the same as the silver.
    Only differences between them both are the colors nothing else.
    12-13-17 07:35 PM
    Besides the color, the unlocked version will of course get updates faster than the at&t space black version.
    12-13-17 09:40 PM
    Besides the color, the unlocked version will of course get updates faster than the at&t space black version.
    I have the AT&T Keyone, how often are the updates? I just got mine a few weeks ago.
    12-13-17 09:55 PM
    thanks for the replies!! I prefer the silver and I was wondering if space black had better hardware quality because it came out later.
    12-13-17 11:04 PM
    thanks for the replies!! I prefer the silver and I was wondering if space black had better hardware quality because it came out later.
    You're talking about quality control, not actual specs.

Well, from everything I heard in the forums, my personal conclusion is to stay away from any silver KEYone manufactured before mid July, and as for the newer ones, well, might as well spend the extra cash on a Black Edition for the extra RAM and storage.

But the general consensus seems to be that the later the build of the phone, the better the quality control.
    12-14-17 05:57 AM

Well, from everything I heard in the forums, my personal conclusion is to stay away from any silver KEYone manufactured before mid July, and as for the newer ones, well, might as well spend the extra cash on a Black Edition for the extra RAM and storage.

But the general consensus seems to be that the later the build of the phone, the better the quality control.
    How can you know when it was built? Is the information on the box?
    12-14-17 07:09 AM
    Could be on the box or plastic covering the back of the phone when brand new.
    But the *#2886# test can be done any time

m3gabyte and FF22 like this.
    12-14-17 07:10 AM

The, maybe, two cautions would be that the Black Edition would not necessarily (not at all???) work with Verizon or Sprint which generally need a CDMA version. And the two CDMA versions may not work on the other's network.
    12-14-17 10:01 AM