One thing I've always appreciated about BlackBerry devices is the sound quality. And one reason why I have stuck with the brand. Priv had disappointing speakers but headphone audio was top notch.

KEYone has stereo speakers, but anyone know if there is an outboard DAC/amp? What about recording?

I mean, LG, HTC, Sony, Samsung, even ZTE and other Chinese brands opt for higher end audio often at lower prices.

Anyone know ?
    02-25-17 09:12 PM
    I was wondering about about the same. No mention about about the speakers or microphones in the spec sheets.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 09:23 PM
    I hope stereo

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 11:49 PM
    I read that it had stereo sound on the specs sheet available on GSM Arena I guess. Don't know how credible it is though.
    02-25-17 11:53 PM
    This post has a positive comment regarding sound.

https://blackberryexclusive.co.uk/20...ter-the-event/

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 08:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    thanks for the link! what a great review, gonna be a long month+ wait
    really looking forward to it
    02-26-17 09:54 PM
    I'm actually wondering about the microphones (amount + noise reduction), ear speaker and loudspeaker. I want it Passport like but I get it's made by Chinese TCL so quality is probably an issue. No reporter talks about these nowadays. It's all about how fast snapchat will launch.
    02-27-17 03:10 AM
    I'm actually wondering about the microphones (amount + noise reduction), ear speaker and loudspeaker. I want it Passport like but I get it's made by Chinese TCL so quality is probably an issue. No reporter talks about these nowadays. It's all about how fast snapchat will launch.
    Why would quality be an issue? It wasn't with the DTEKs.
    02-27-17 10:48 AM
    That review spoke of loud and clear speakers all the while the DJ was pumping music through the venue. He even mentioned the third speaker on top. Now this would be amazing if true. I miss that from the Z30. True stereo.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 11:00 AM
    Honestly not something that I worry about. I never really use the external speakers of my phone. Its either used as a phone or running through some Bluetooth device.
    02-27-17 11:27 AM
    That review spoke of loud and clear speakers all the while the DJ was pumping music through the venue. He even mentioned the third speaker on top. Now this would be amazing if true. I miss that from the Z30. True stereo.
    I think you will find that there are only two speakers -- one and the top, and one at the bottom with holes on either side of the USB-C port.
    02-27-17 11:31 AM
    A lot of these reviews are mentioning how good this phone feels in the hand and how solid it feels. That is nice to read.
    02-27-17 11:47 AM
    thanks for the link! what a great review, gonna be a long month+ wait
    really looking forward to it
    That comment about 9900 made me skip a beat! Now, I wonder if I can wait for the price to settle down or long term reviews to appear. I was one of the guys who kept complaining about their pricing at every launch until now and somehow since the launch, I'm not really complaining at all.
    02-27-17 02:06 PM
    [CB10 acting up]
    02-28-17 11:42 AM
    I think you will find that there are only two speakers -- one and the top, and one at the bottom with holes on either side of the USB-C port.
    That would at least be better than the Classic. Didn't they do this with the DTEK as well? 4 exits, but only 2 speakers. As long as it produces stereo, I'm Okey (pun intended)!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link. look forward to hearing them speakers
    03-02-17 08:41 PM
    No apt-x so bluetooth sound quality won't be a strong point. Unclear how good the DAC will fair for wired headphones.

Personally not really interested in built in speakers other than for call quality
    03-10-17 05:24 AM
    That would at least be better than the Classic. Didn't they do this with the DTEK as well? 4 exits, but only 2 speakers. As long as it produces stereo, I'm Okey (pun intended)!
    Yes, the DTEKs have top and bottom speakers which produce good stereo sound. However, since the K1 was a in house BlackBerry design, more than the visual elements may have been inspired by the Passport.

Stereo speakers at the bottom works with a wide device like the Passport but it's hard to see why it would be a good idea for the KEYone when it has an obvious speaker opening at the top as well as the bottom.
    03-10-17 10:18 AM
    A lot of these reviews are mentioning how good this phone feels in the hand and how solid it feels. That is nice to read.
    I've held it and then reviews are correctly. Feels well built and comfortable. Was using it one handed.
    03-10-17 12:24 PM
    No apt-x so bluetooth sound quality won't be a strong point. Unclear how good the DAC will fair for wired headphones.

Personally not really interested in built in speakers other than for call quality
    Have individual DAC, seriously?
    03-11-17 07:14 AM
    Have individual DAC, seriously?
    Is the apt-x hardware or can this be upgraded via software? Is it not just the method of encoding sound for transmission to Bluetooth speakers?

Google here I come

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 10:34 AM
    Curious to see a review on Keyone sound quality (not the speaker). Anyone knows there is such a review? I am gonna by Keyone anyway when it is available in Australia.
    05-06-17 03:09 AM
    One of the reviews mentioned it. He was not at all impressed with the headphone jack output. Don't know about the Bluetooth.
    notbadday likes this.
    05-06-17 03:11 AM
    One thing I've always appreciated about BlackBerry devices is the sound quality. And one reason why I have stuck with the brand. Priv had disappointing speakers but headphone audio was top notch.

KEYone has stereo speakers, but anyone know if there is an outboard DAC/amp? What about recording?

I mean, LG, HTC, Sony, Samsung, even ZTE and other Chinese brands opt for higher end audio often at lower prices.

Anyone know ?
    Music reproduction average to disappointing according to Pocketnow

randomroyalty and lionhearted like this.
    05-06-17 03:33 PM
    Too bad. Z30 had excellent sound quality, probably the best speakers ever on a smartphone, and Passport was no slouch. And the Playbook...tube amp like sound. There is a hi Fi audio engineering culture in Waterloo, and Blackberries were very popular with pro musicians.

KeyOne will need an outboard USB DAC-amp.

Now the go to is the ZTE Axon7, which has astonishing sound quality through headphones and for hi res recording. LG V20 and S7 (Exynos) no slouches either.
    05-06-17 04:31 PM
76 123 ...