I think the smooth glossy keys will look nice, but the main reason for this design choice could be to increase the smoothness and functionality of the keyboard as a track pad.
    ollyberry likes this.
    04-20-17 11:11 AM
    What I mean is that it looks like the keyboard of one of those Chinese toy phones you buy for your children to play ;-)
    They have glass keys with the paint underneath?? Must be some top-notch Chinese toys. Bet that paint has lead in it though.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-20-17 11:33 AM
    Looking forward to jerryrigeverthing for keyone.
    04-20-17 11:39 AM
    LOL it definitely doesn't

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I know. A just tried to illustrate that while the rest of the phone looks superb and elegant, the keyboard looks more "casual". For me the one on Passport SE would be the ideal for the K1 (I mean the hardware, not the distribution).
    TheGraduate likes this.
    04-20-17 12:01 PM
    I look at BlackBerry mobile website and the keys don't look shiny like the prototypes. The space bar looks more recessed also. We should probably wait to judge until we get pics of the real thing (or hold in our own hands).
    04-20-17 08:47 PM
    I look at BlackBerry mobile website and the keys don't look shiny like the prototypes. The space bar looks more recessed also. We should probably wait to judge until we get pics of the real thing (or hold in our own hands).
    Honestly, their website might still be showing a render, which would not properly show the whole clear keys thing. But definitely the best way to see if you'll like it is in person. Hopefully stores will have it in stock for you to look at before buying...
    04-20-17 08:59 PM
    Honestly, their website might still be showing a render, which would not properly show the whole clear keys thing. But definitely the best way to see if you'll like it is in person. Hopefully stores will have it in stock for you to look at before buying...
    True. I'm sure we will see lots of pics and input in a couple weeks if the may 5th date holds true at CPW for friends across the pond.
    04-20-17 11:09 PM
    Is it just me or do the keys look shiny? Looks like cheap plastic when compared to matte buttons on the classic, Q10. Some pictures make the keys look glossy, others make them look matte. Idk, what do you guys think?

Not to say I don't like the phone, it looks great, I just feel matte keyboard buttons would look better with that nice brushed metal on the sides.
    I feel the same. It's the one thing that's making me think it's not a beautiful device. Although I'm just nitpicking in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 08:47 AM
33 12