502: Days since the "Vienna" was first leaked

137: Days since John Chen confirmed the "Mercury"

95: Days since TCL confirmed we would learn more about the Mercury at CES

82: Days since CES, when all we saw was a prototype with zero official specs or details

31: Days since the MWC launch, and nothing since

26: Days since @BBMobile sent out a tweet of their own

34: More days we could be waiting for the release for BB/TCL to still technically fulfill their promise of an April release

0: Things we know from BB/TCL now that we didn't know a month ago

0: Marketing done by BB/TCL and not CrackBerry since MWC

0: Official communication on anything since MWC

50: Fanboys who are impressed with this strategy
    03-27-17 12:32 PM
    lol
    03-27-17 12:35 PM
    HAHA, nice yeah i am being patient but i am losing hype for this device i know i know its not April yet yada yada just saying is all
    03-27-17 12:38 PM
    Ya, all the hoopla with the double announcements n then nothing for a month. Brilliant marketing
    03-27-17 12:41 PM
    Just listened to the latest CB podcast and heard that BlackBerry Mobile sponsored some of the meetups, so I guess they've put SOME money to marketing, even though it's being done through CB

Posted via CB10
    James Nieves likes this.
    03-27-17 01:29 PM
    I say if they are going to announce it they should have it out within a week or two. A month is to long to wait for people to have second thoughts of buying it. Get it out there and let Berry users advertise it if they won't.
    Just my thoughts.
    03-27-17 01:30 PM
    To be fair, isn't this the same with the LG G6? And that is also a very highly rated and hyped phone. They announced it, there was/is hype surrounding it and then nothing...supposed release date of 7th April in the US on T-Mobile and then other carriers shortly after.
    03-27-17 01:31 PM
    Just listened to the latest CB podcast and heard that BlackBerry Mobile sponsored some of the meetups, so I guess they've put SOME money to marketing

Posted via CB10
    Did you even think it was anything otherwise? I don't think they would get those prototypes if they didn't get a go-ahead by TCL.
    03-27-17 01:31 PM
    Did you even think it was anything otherwise? I don't think they would get those prototypes if they didn't get a go-ahead by TCL.
    I obviously figured that TCL was on board, given that they gave them a bunch of K1s, but I wasn't confident in assuming who was footing the bill.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 01:32 PM

I think you're being generous at 50. I was thinking more like 20, at best.
    Flatman and KillahKurlz1 like this.
    03-27-17 01:45 PM
    lol
    @Bla1ze, how come we haven't seen you in any of the videos or the meetups? Just not your thing?
    03-27-17 01:50 PM
    There's a HUGE difference between "impressed with" and "accepting of the realities".

Why did you claim that anyone is "impressed with" this strategy??

Fake news. Making things up out of thin air.
    03-27-17 01:50 PM
    HAHA, nice yeah i am being patient but i am losing hype for this device i know i know its not April yet yada yada just saying is all
    This^^^ and there is 30 days in April
    03-27-17 01:51 PM
    There's a HUGE difference between "impressed with" and "accepting of the realities".

Why did you claim that anyone is "impressed with" this strategy??

Fake news. Making things up out of thin air.
    Case in point.
    03-27-17 01:52 PM
    @Bla1ze, how come we haven't seen you in any of the videos or the meetups? Just not your thing?
    Mostly matters of convenience. For James to be there and help Kevin was just easier because he was more local than I. I love going to the meetups and meeting folks, but being on the East Coast of Canada makes it bit harder to reasonably have me there when we have folks 'closer' that can handle it.
    03-27-17 01:53 PM
    He doesn't want to reveal that he is, in fact, the fourth Doctor.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-27-17 01:58 PM
    He doesn't want to reveal that he is, in fact, the fourth Doctor.
    This too.
    03-27-17 02:00 PM
    PS: Thanks for asking, I appreciate that.
    03-27-17 02:05 PM
    Great post!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 02:30 PM
    700 - the ridiculous price tag.
    03-27-17 03:02 PM
    700 - Counted amount of claims about the price-tag.

-> This "flagship" is made for Business. I paid 550 € for my Q10 and I guess it was not as good as the Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 03:08 PM
    03-27-17 03:23 PM
    Then we can say that both companies need to review their announcement / launching strategies...

To be fair, isn't this the same with the LG G6? And that is also a very highly rated and hyped phone. They announced it, there was/is hype surrounding it and then nothing...supposed release date of 7th April in the US on T-Mobile and then other carriers shortly after.
    03-27-17 03:23 PM
    700 - Counted amount of claims about the price-tag.

-> This "flagship" is made for Business. I paid 550 € for my Q10 and I guess it was not as good as the Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    See, I don't really care if people want to overpay. But the business argument makes little sense to me.

Businesses want to cut costs, not spend superfluously.

The leap was made for businesses.

The businesses that have the funds and are ok with dropping that amount for a phone? They just buy iphones for their employees.

The KO will sell great... When it's on discount.
    03-27-17 03:29 PM
    Mostly matters of convenience. For James to be there and help Kevin was just easier because he was more local than I. I love going to the meetups and meeting folks, but being on the East Coast of Canada makes it bit harder to reasonably have me there when we have folks 'closer' that can handle it.
    So, given that WestJet has pretty good connections from Halifax to Vancouver via Calgary, can we expect to see you there?
    03-27-17 03:40 PM
85 123 ...