Seriously, people? LOL. I highly doubt that anyone who is excited about the KEYone is going to buy any other phone that's arriving in the next 6 months.

For example, you couldn't pay me to carry a Samsung or iPhone or Moto or any of the other glass slabs so long as my BB10 phones still work, but I will seriously consider the K1.

If you don't value the PKB enough to prioritize it over other features, then there are better phones for you between the DTEK60 to all the other Android slabs.

KEYone buyers are thrilled the phone is being released in Q2, period.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Yesterday 02:10 AM
    The K1 is 3:2, which is a bit taller than 4:3
    Yeah just confused with two aspect ratios...thanks
    Yesterday 03:03 AM
    They don't even need to steal would be S8 buyers. They need to steal BB10 holdouts and BlackBerry Android fans.

Then slowly grab previous BlackBerry users and new ones over time.
    Hey they may even reach 1% market share one day. The company is clueless. But I honestly don't care as long as I get a device that I like and as long as that device is actively supported.
    Yesterday 09:18 AM
    If you don't value the PKB enough to prioritize it over other features, then there are better phones for you between the DTEK60 to all the other Android slabs.
    This.

The only people who will be swayed to other phones because of the price or the wait are those who don't care very much about the keyboard. That market segment simply will not be captured at launch. Later, when price comes down, BBMo might gain a few converts from the slabs (remember, most people have no idea what a Snapdragon 625 is or why it matters).

Until then, for good or for ill, only people who value the keyboard will buy.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    Yesterday 10:38 AM
    This.

The only people who will be swayed to other phones because of the price or the wait are those who don't care very much about the keyboard. That market segment simply will not be captured at launch. Later, when price comes down, BBMo might gain a few converts from the slabs (remember, most people have no idea what a Snapdragon 625 is or why it matters).
    The converts will come from people buying from the carriers for whatever reason--perhaps an astute associate, perhaps they see it and are intrigued by the PKB and want to give it a try, whatever. As long as they can pick it up at the store, return it if they don't like it, tie it into their account in some way for a payment plan or T-Mobile's Jump On Demand or similar, they'll have some comfort trying it out.

No one who doesn't already appreciate BB and PKB for what they are will take active steps to buy this unlocked directly from TCL under any circumstances.
    Yesterday 01:57 PM
    The converts will come from people buying from the carriers for whatever reason--perhaps an astute associate, perhaps they see it and are intrigued by the PKB and want to give it a try, whatever. As long as they can pick it up at the store, return it if they don't like it, tie it into their account in some way for a payment plan or T-Mobile's Jump On Demand or similar, they'll have some comfort trying it out.

No one who doesn't already appreciate BB and PKB for what they are will take active steps to buy this unlocked directly from TCL under any circumstances.
    I think you're exactly right. The best thing that could happen for TCL would be positive reviews (so far so good), enthusiastic support from die hard PKB fans (also looking good), then widespread availability with major carriers together with some marketing, which by mid-May or so should ensure that curious shoppers can validate their interest with lots of online support.

There won't be a rush by the masses for a phone line this, regardless of price, but TCL just needs to hold on to the millions of people current using a BBOS/BB10 phone and slowly attract new users to have a profitable BlackBerry business.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Yesterday 04:55 PM
    Waiting and waiting.. and waiting some more. April is almost here and we are still waiting for a bone to be thrown to us.
    Today 12:25 PM
    waiting and waiting.. And waiting some more. April is almost here and we are still waiting for a bone to be thrown to us.
    aaaaah!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!
    Today 12:29 PM
58 123