If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile were to have pre-orders now, people would complain that pre-orders are taking place too early if they can't ship within two weeks.
    03-21-17 12:16 PM
    Further adding to the confusion is the Q10 and Moto X Force don't have toolbelts either...
    Hmm. Good point. Lol
    03-21-17 12:21 PM
    Further adding to the confusion is the Q10 and Moto X Force don't have toolbelts either...
    And dont have navigation keys visible all the time.

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-21-17 02:28 PM
    Lol. They arent visible all the time.
    On the Moto you only need to swipe down and then they show up...its effective and better like on the keyone.

via Passport OG
    03-21-17 02:31 PM
    Lol. They arent visible all the time.
    On the Moto you only need to swipe down and then they show up...its effective and better like on the keyone.

via Passport OG
    But a 16:9 screen can afford to give up the screen real estate. A 3:2 screen cannot.
    BB_PP likes this.
    03-21-17 02:37 PM
    But a 16:9 screen can afford to give up the screen real estate. A 3:2 screen cannot.
    ...or make the device a little shorter without the allways visible navigation keys!
    2nd option: add the answer + end HW keys and viola a perfect tollbelt 2.0 is born! There is a lot of place left to add some 'innovations'. Gonna say it again: hope they sell a lot of the keyones and make next a better qwerty phone(specs and HW wise).

Edit: look at the navigation of the new huawei p10. The fingerprint scanner is all you need to mage gestures!!

via Passport OG
    03-21-17 03:25 PM
    ...or make the device a little shorter without the allways visible navigation keys!
    2nd option: add the answer + end HW keys and viola a perfect tollbelt 2.0 is born! There is a lot of place left to add some 'innovations'. Gonna say it again: hope they sell a lot of the keyones and make next a better qwerty phone(specs and HW wise).

Edit: look at the navigation of the new huawei p10. The fingerprint scanner is all you need to mage gestures!!

via Passport OG
    Option #3 : Hide the "always visible" navigation keys. It can be done with some effort or an app.
    03-21-17 03:32 PM
    But most likely that will be the case. People will compared the two devices (S8 and Key1). And yes while some people will choose the Key1 over the S8, i still have feeling most will decide to get the S8 over the key1 even if they are side by side.

I think people are used to using a digital keyboard and as well as the screen size and camera will make people pick the S8 over the Key1.
    03-21-17 07:50 PM
    If the goal is to outsell apple or Sammy, they will obviously fail. The goal I believe is to gain market share rather than lose it.

With a premium build and good keyboard I think they very well could achieve that.
    03-21-17 08:20 PM
    Moderator's Note:
    Thread title made more descriptive of subject matter.
    Last edited by Elite1; 03-21-17 at 09:37 PM.
    03-21-17 09:18 PM
    Yes, the slab device might totally eat into the keyboard devices marketshare.
    Certainly not significantly but some. Enough to really matter? I don't think so.
    Yesterday 09:26 AM
    I would have thought there would be no harm in making preordering available right after MWC. Certainly not necessary, but I don't see why not.
    Yesterday 09:29 AM
    I would have thought there would be no harm in making preordering available right after MWC. Certainly not necessary, but I don't see why not.
    Usually preorder are only a few weeks away and have a solid ship date. I don't think a month ago they were all that sure on when they could provide delivery.

The problem was the sneak peak at CES with more to come a MWC and the talk of very soon after it being available. Don't think many were expecting MWC to still be pre-production units and no clear announcement about Carriers, Shipping or Ordering.

The real issue is this phone has been in the hopes and dreams of many for a very, very long time... First look at the BlackBerry "Vienna" - the company's second Android phone! | CrackBerry.com
    Yesterday 09:42 AM
    Usually preorder are only a few weeks away and have a solid ship date. I don't think a month ago they were all that sure on when they could provide delivery.

The problem was the sneak peak at CES with more to come a MWC and the talk of very soon after it being available. Don't think many were expecting MWC to still be pre-production units and no clear announcement about Carriers, Shipping or Ordering.

The real issue is this phone has been in the hopes and dreams of many for a very, very long time... First look at the BlackBerry "Vienna" - the company's second Android phone! | CrackBerry.com
    Yesterday 09:42 AM
    Please tell me this hasn't turned into another thread that has been hijacked to become a "lack of tool belt discussion. I'm pretty sure TCL knows that there is only 7 people in the entire world that still want a tool belt .

Regardless, back to the topic. it would have been smart of TCL as soon as the BlackBerry Mobile site went live during MWC . There should have been a pre order option on the site immediately. iMO
    Yesterday 09:46 AM

I understand and agree in that preorders are typically with a ship date in hand. That being said, they still could have broken away from the norm and done it. Especially since most of what BlackBerry does isn't the industry norm.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    Yesterday 01:34 PM
    They wont get me for sure. Not with this silly android button toolbelt. Maybe the next qwerty will be better designed!
    Will stick with BB10(Q10, Passport) and Moto X Force for now.

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    Whats wrong with toolbelt? They are trying to utilise screen which is already 4:3 ratio and much smaller than many slab phones.
    Yesterday 03:26 PM

via Passport OG
    +1 for call answer and call end
    Yesterday 03:27 PM
    Other than for kickstart programs, where I know I am taking a gamble with my money, I do not put money down on a preorder until I am aware what the product will actually be. The outcry on these forums, I suspect would huge, if the device isn't exactly what they believed it would be. I, for one, as much as I want this phone, can wait until it it actually available to me.
    Yesterday 08:05 PM
44 12