Hi,

I have had a classic for a while, it has been broken for a bit and I waited for the presentation of the KeyOne to see what it would be like, not a huge fan of Android but understand the reasoning around it (this isnt one of those Android bashing posts).

What I was a little disappointed at was the cost, £500ish in the UK is a lot considering most suppliers dont even seem to be selling BB phones and I would have to pay direct. So I decide to buy the Passport during the flash sale and I love it, best BB phone I think I have had (and I have had a few).

But obviously BB10 is going to die at some point, so I am going to have to move on either moving away from BB to a cheaper phone or a phone which my carrier offers as part of a deal, at the end of the day its all just Android.

So the point of my post is this, many people like myself have stayed loyal to BB and I have to say BB have always shown loyalty to its customer... so could they not have a discounted / BB10 trade in event.

It would mean getting more people off their BB10 OS, keeps customers and gets the phone out and into the market place, I am sure they would get a pat on the back for recycling as well.

I am sure Mr Chen would love to see all current BB10 users switching to KeyOne along with increasing its market share by stealing with Android phone users.

Just an idea.
    fanq105 likes this.
    04-04-17 10:27 AM
    Yeah, certainly not the first time the sentiment has been shared. Everyone has been wanting a trade-in deal since the BBOS days.
    04-04-17 10:40 AM
    Good Idea for the transition to #Blackdroid.
    04-04-17 12:05 PM
    I'd like to see a trade-in program, if it hastens the death of legacy.
    04-04-17 12:11 PM
    Sorry that the existence of an OS you don't like harms you in some way. It must suck...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-04-17 12:13 PM
    Trade in program will be totally awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 12:13 PM
    From Old generations ( BB10,Os 7) to #Blackdroid with promos.
    04-04-17 12:14 PM
    Sorry that the existence of an OS you don't like harms you in some way. It must suck...

Someone's triggered.
    04-04-17 12:17 PM
    They would gain more customers by offering a trade in for bbos legacy devices - last I heard that was the majority of their user base.

Bb10 went pretty much no where as far as numbers are concerned.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-04-17 12:35 PM
    I like the idea just curious on the amount of money you would expect to see off the purchase price if you were to trade in a functioning BlackBerry OS10 device?

Would also like to see a pre-order accessory bonus once pre-orders are available. Would love to see BlackBerry Mobile do something out of the norm of their normal boring release of a device.
    04-04-17 12:41 PM
    I like the idea just curious on the amount of money you would expect to see off the purchase price if you were to trade in a functioning BlackBerry OS10 device?

Would also like to see a pre-order accessory bonus once pre-orders are available. Would love to see BlackBerry Mobile do something out of the norm of their normal boring release of a device.
    I wouldnt expect a huge amount, just something to tempt BB10 users to change and show some additional loyalty to customers, they keep talking about gaining a greater margin of the market so it cannot hurt to try and retain as many BB customers from their current base... maybe an accessory bonus bundle (like you mention) or money off google play store for apps, something to lessen the cost of changing for customers.
    04-04-17 03:36 PM
    I wouldnt expect a huge amount, just something to tempt BB10 users to change and show some additional loyalty to customers, they keep talking about gaining a greater margin of the market so it cannot hurt to try and retain as many BB customers from their current base... maybe an accessory bonus bundle (like you mention) or money off google play store for apps, something to lessen the cost of changing for customers.
    Not a bad idea at all. Instead of cash back a playstore credit and maybe an accessory bundle for all who pre-order within the 1st week or two.
    04-04-17 04:59 PM
    Someone's triggered.
    What a cool hipster term man. I was just sending my condolences. As you would say, condolences that the existence of an OS you don't like "triggers" you, lol. Sorry, I'm not really with the times. Didn't get the whole "u mad bro" thing either. ;-)

04-04-17 05:16 PM
    What a cool hipster term man. I was just sending my condolences. As you would say, condolences that the existence of an OS you don't like "triggers" you, lol. Sorry, I'm not really with the times. Didn't get the whole "u mad bro" thing either. ;-)

I only use the term triggered to make fun of hipsters lol
    04-04-17 05:48 PM
    It's a good idea except that seems like more CB and fanboys care than actually BlackBerry or BlackBerry mobile or TCL or whomever should

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 10:41 PM
    Someone's triggered.
    I agree that the Legacy devices are dead but i think the 9900 still looks like a premium device. This is mine. I carry a DTEK60 but switch out the SIM just for grins - and no I refuse to pay for BIS, lol.
    Can't wait for the physical keyboard.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Offer? - Just an Idea!-163866.jpg  
    04-04-17 11:04 PM
    It's a good idea except that seems like more CB and fanboys care than actually BlackBerry or BlackBerry mobile or TCL or whomever should

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I guess, I suppose CB like the rest of us love the brand and want it to continue and improve, where as BB themselves need that and increased profit... wonder how many people have BB10 devices and how much that would convert profit wise.

Also if they are not able to tempt new people to BB (which I am sure they can) and give away cheaper phones to their current customer base, it would have more of a negative affect financially!
    04-05-17 03:31 AM
    T-Mobile USA did a trade-in offer, originally aimed at converting legacy BB users to another brand, but after an uproar, they amended the offer to be $150 off any other brand or $200 off a BB10 device. I traded in a Sprint 9850, which I had already stopped using, for a Q10.
    krazyatom likes this.
    04-05-17 02:24 PM
    T-Mobile USA did a trade-in offer, originally aimed at converting legacy BB users to another brand, but after an uproar, they amended the offer to be $150 off any other brand or $200 off a BB10 device. I traded in a Sprint 9850, which I had already stopped using, for a Q10.
    Oh I wish tmobile does that again. I got like 10 blackberry devices!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 02:29 PM
    I only use the term triggered to make fun of hipsters lol
    Lol, good idea. :-P

04-05-17 02:52 PM
    The problem with a trade in, is that your current BlackBerry has little to no value for BlackBerry so it would be all good will, IF they do it. NOW this is not to say they shouldn't or won't do it. Often you will see car dealers do this, trade in your clunker deals. Of course it's a different scale their so the 500 to 1000 they give you for your "clunker" doesn't matter all that much towards the 20-30 thousand dollar car you are buying. For BlackBerry Mobile it's a MUCH smaller scale. That being said, maybe after the KEYone has been out for a while they could do a promo, where you trade in your old "clunker" phone and get 50 dollars off your KEYone.
    04-06-17 08:16 AM
    What Legacy? Bold word choice.
    04-06-17 08:28 AM
    What Legacy? Bold word choice.
    I mean legacy.

BlackBerry's response to the article is unintentionally icing on the cake:
    While our information regarding the death of BB10 stems from a reliable source, BlackBerry reached out to*MobileSyrup*to reiterate its commitment to the proprietary operating system, citing the recent release of BB10.3.3 as an example.
    If 10.3.3 (half baked even after delaying it for almost a year) is indicative of their level of support for the platform then that doesn't bode well.

And regardless what one thinks about the status of BB10 at least we can agree that pre-BB10, EOL since 2014, is firmly in the past tense.
    04-06-17 08:59 AM
    Yeah, certainly not the first time the sentiment has been shared. Everyone has been wanting a trade-in deal since the BBOS days.
    I remember buying the 9900 and the 9860 knowing fully they would be the last bbos7 devices and people then wanted to trade those in to upgrade to bb10 because of their loyalty . Lol I wouldn't mind a discount, but what would happen to my beloved bb10 device? Go to some third world country to be resold ? I couldn't do it hahaha. It doesn't make much sense business wise. #1 there really aren't that many bb10 bbos devices still running in the wild (kinda like the wild donairs) and it's not even the same company making the devices. # what's in it for TCL? They wouldn't want smaller margins to cater to the few die hards that want a cheap new ride.
    04-08-17 12:55 PM
    How about vouchers for beer while we are waiting?
    04-08-17 02:13 PM
29 12