I just need to know if the new blackberry KEYone will be available for middle east with Arabic keyboard and how long it will take to release this version

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 03:52 PM
    Probably but there is no definitive answer on this yet, much like a release date.
    03-24-17 03:55 PM
    Probably but there is no definitive answer on this yet, much like a release date.
    @Bla1ze, do you know how those who aren't in the US go about contacting blackberrymobile or tcl re key1 stuff related to our own respective countries?

I'm in aus,and want to know about the aus key1 situation.
    03-24-17 04:15 PM
    @Bla1ze, do you know how those who aren't in the US go about contacting blackberrymobile or tcl re key1 stuff related to our own respective countries?

For now, you register here - BlackBerry KEYone - Official Website - Register

And stay tuned to the @BBMobile Twitter account and Facebook account.
    03-24-17 04:37 PM

This is another good question

I reached out on the TCL website here in the Philippines since there is no official Blackberry Mobile site (There may never be here lol) however I got no answer back.

This is not surprising since the site here talks pretty much about TV"s and stuff.

Even in the past few years although there is was / is a BB site here it was quite an experience to visit and even communicate with and they never answered their phone; assuming that this was probably disbanded.

There might be an actual official BB Mobile "seller" here that will offer a warranty direct like they did with the "Hive" in Glorietta for the PRIV. I checked their FB site and there is no mention of BB at all these days.

The other problem with this is that they were 200-300 USD overpriced compared to grey market sellers. (Individual e-commerce, "gadget" shops that will warranty the phones on their own, usually an inhhouse parts and replacement thing)

At this point it's not clear what will happen now until TCL goes live in the different countries with plans and hopefully it will be well execute and they will deliver an amazing experience; my thoughts are it will vary from region to region.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-24-17 04:38 PM

Here's the EMEA email contact address on BlackBerryMobile.com
    Camille Gere - EMEA
    Email: [email protected]

BlackBerry KEYone - Official Website - About Us
    03-24-17 04:39 PM
    @thalaker, yes, we share the same BlackBerry experiences with trying to attract blackberry's attention since they virtually and physically abandoned the asia pacific region.

Lol, all we want to do is spend money and buy the blackberry product. It shouldn't be so hard .....

I agree re contacting tcl, here also it's just tv's, and I've even thought of just contacting alcatel who do have a physical presence here, and asking them what they know about blackberry mobile, lol.

Edit
    And we share the same grey market problem, which is why a lot of aus BlackBerry users buy from clove uk, and other places, and just scrap the idea of warranty. (In fact, I wonder if clove will just start up an aus presence)
    03-24-17 05:14 PM
    Here's the EMEA email contact address on BlackBerryMobile.com
    Camille Gere - EMEA

BlackBerry KEYone - Official Website - About Us
    Thanks for trying to assist, but we're asia pac, and that's europe, middle east and africa.
    03-24-17 05:15 PM
    Thanks for trying to assist, but we're asia pac, and that's europe, middle east and africa.
    Sorry, I had assumed that Asia was included. I'll try again then. Here's the contact info for TCL Communications Ltd. in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. Both BlackBerry and Alcatel are mentioned on this page.

Contact Us
    Address: 15/F, TCL Tower, Gaoxin Nan Yi Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, P.R.C
    Postal Code: 518057
    Tel: +86 755 3331 3000

TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited
    03-24-17 05:21 PM
    And it's for Media inquiries.
    03-24-17 05:47 PM
    @thalaker, yes, we share the same BlackBerry experiences with trying to attract blackberry's attention since they virtually and physically abandoned the asia pacific region.

Lol, all we want to do is spend money and buy the blackberry product. It shouldn't be so hard .....

I agree re contacting tcl, here also it's just tv's, and I've even thought of just contacting alcatel who do have a physical presence here, and asking them what they know about blackberry mobile, lol.

Edit
    And we share the same grey market problem, which is why a lot of aus BlackBerry users buy from clove uk, and other places, and just scrap the idea of warranty. (In fact, I wonder if clove will just start up an aus presence)
    I actually established communications with their blackberry guy here I think it was Cameron something and he was cool at first I even offered to help as I have some experience.

He went dark after they launched passport here and stopped responding so that was a shame.

I've lived here since 2007 and watched BlackBerry go from nothing to pretty involved to almost nothing except for a few fringe stores. I see stores with androids in cabinets that have BlackBerry decor lol.

You are accurate there are so many here who are easily marketed and willing to buy with the right people and investment.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 08:03 PM
    @thalaker do the BlackBerry physical keyboards in the Philippines have Tagalog inscriptions, or are they in Tagalog, or just english?
    03-24-17 09:11 PM
    @thalaker do the BlackBerry physical keyboards in the Philippines have Tagalog inscriptions, or are they in Tagalog, or just english?
    Never seen anything Tagalog just English. On the tech front it's almost always English

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 10:37 PM
    @Thalakar Okay, dumb question, how does one write in tagalog using an english pkb?
    03-25-17 01:05 AM
    @Thalakar Okay, dumb question, how does one write in tagalog using an english pkb?
    I am Canadian living here working BPO industry wo while I know quite a bit I'm not fluent.

From what I've seen and experienced don't think it's really required? Most Pinoys here write in English or Taglish which is a combo of both languages.

I'm also not sure if there is going to be a huge variance in the keyboards as there are few differences in characters.

I'm no pro though on this subject but will inquire

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 11:01 AM