Post ur keyone issues here so that we can have idea for the common issues for the knowledge of future keyone owner. And also post solutions

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 09:51 AM
    My KEYone issue is that I can't order one yet!! Lol when will it be available? I seen one forsale in Florida and I tempted to fly there to pick it up.
    jamesharmeling and TCM01 like this.
    05-21-17 10:14 AM
    Great Thread! OP can you keep a list of the issues at the top?
    05-21-17 10:23 AM
    My issue is I can't let it sit down on desk, always want to do something
    05-21-17 10:24 AM
    Great Thread! OP can you keep a list of the issues at the top?
    asap hehehe

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 11:04 AM
    Great thread. Wondering how multitasking is on it. Was horrible on most android phones I owned
    05-21-17 11:06 AM
    Great thread. Wondering how multitasking is on it. Was horrible on most android phones I owned
    Multitasking on BlackBerry Android is essentially the same as BB10. Just press the square instead of swipe up for the minimized apps.
    05-21-17 11:25 AM
    Multitasking on BlackBerry Android is essentially the same as BB10. Just press the square instead of swipe up for the minimized apps.
    I get that but my problem is every android phone I've ever had never kept apps in memory very long. My priv was constantly reloading things even stuff that was light on resources like gmail and phone dialer.

I don't have this problem with iOS but I have other issues with it and I'd love to switch just want to be sure it performs like other smartphones these days should.
    05-21-17 11:27 AM
    just want to be sure it performs like other smartphones these days should.
    It behaves as all Android phones on Nougat behave - including running multiple apps in split screens.

Android has 88% of the global smartphone market, so I'm not sure how you define "should".
    05-21-17 11:32 AM
    My question was about keeping apps in memory multitasking not the split screen multitasking thing it does. On some phones you can keep many apps in memory and go back to them without a reload and losing their place, on others it will reload after 1 or 2 apps. This has been a huge problem with Samsung phones I have used.

I don't care how much market share android, Apple, or anyone else has. My point was phones with 8-core processors and 3-4gb of ram "should" be able to keep more than one app in memory without reloading.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-21-17 11:44 AM
    My question was about keeping apps in memory multitasking not the split screen multitasking thing it does. On some phones you can keep many apps in memory and go back to them without a reload and losing their place, on others it will reload after 1 or 2 apps. This has been a huge problem with Samsung phones I have used.

I don't care how much market share android, Apple, or anyone else has. My point was phones with 8-core processors and 3-4gb of ram "should" be able to keep more than one app in memory without reloading.
    That's a ram issue. The reason why it happens on Samsung phones is because they have 8 million bloatware apps running all in the background doing nothing. So you run out of ram and your apps close.

It's also an issue with too little ram. Since the KO has the same 3gb of ram as the priv, you'll see apps remain loaded for about the same amount of time.

If you're someone who likes having a lot of apps running, just get a oneplus 3t. Cheaper, and 6gb of ram, as well as a real flagship processor.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-21-17 12:10 PM
    That's a ram issue. The reason why it happens on Samsung phones is because they have 8 million bloatware apps running all in the background doing nothing. So you run out of ram and your apps close.

It's also an issue with too little ram. Since the KO has the same 3gb of ram as the priv, you'll see apps remain loaded for about the same amount of time.

If you're someone who likes having a lot of apps running, just get a oneplus 3t. Cheaper, and 6gb of ram, as well as a real flagship processor.
    Thanks. Maybe I'll have to go back to XDa developers like I used to 8+ years ago and root the device so I can run as clean as possible
    05-21-17 12:15 PM
    Thanks. Maybe I'll have to go back to XDa developers like I used to 8+ years ago and root the device so I can run as clean as possible
    So, turns out, when BlackBerry means security, they actually mean it.

The Blackberry devices can't be rooted.

Or maybe they can and no one cares, which is also possible.
    paperbackpiles and kbz1960 like this.
    05-21-17 01:49 PM

Yes that and sound from headphones is weak, perhaps the worst thing.

For multitasking, its vastly improved if you disable BlackBerry Hub. Lately I am only using Hub for phone, texts and email accounts. All other services, I have made sure I don't display in Hub. It has improved the performance but if you're still not happy, try a few days without the Hub.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-21-17 06:43 PM
    Yes that and sound from headphones is weak, perhaps the worst thing.

For multitasking, its vastly improved if you disable BlackBerry Hub. Lately I am only using Hub for phone, texts and email accounts. All other services, I have made sure I don't display in Hub. It has improved the performance but if you're still not happy, try a few days without the Hub.
    Having to disable a core feature just to get better multitasking - so swap one core feature for another one? Great experience there. Android is so great /s
    05-21-17 07:36 PM

People on Cb will tell you android doesn't have this problem.
    05-21-17 07:38 PM
    Having to disable a core feature just to get better multitasking - so swap one core feature for another one? Great experience there. Android is so great /s
    It's not a core feature. A lot of Android users like to use the specific apps rather than getting them aggregated at one place.

I'm using it and it's not that bad since I use it only with emails, texts and calls. I like the Hub's formatting beyond comparison when emailing.

Also, people can get Hub from PlayStore if they just wanted Hub. BlackBerry will improve upon it. For me core is in the PKB and battery. The overall performance is pretty solid IMO.
    05-21-17 09:04 PM
    I get that but my problem is every android phone I've ever had never kept apps in memory very long. My priv was constantly reloading things even stuff that was light on resources like gmail and phone dialer.

I don't have this problem with iOS but I have other issues with it and I'd love to switch just want to be sure it performs like other smartphones these days should.
    If you don't want certain apps to refresh you can lock them to stay open. I personally wouldn't advice that you do that with many apps. I prefer apps refresh for fluidity of the OS in general. My old iPhone 6 plus doesn't hold that many apps in the same spot for that long so it's not going to be a deal breaker for me.
    05-21-17 09:30 PM
    If you don't want certain apps to refresh you can lock them to stay open. I personally wouldn't advice that you do that with many apps. I prefer apps refresh for fluidity of the OS in general. My old iPhone 6 plus doesn't hold that many apps in the same spot for that long so it's not going to be a deal breaker for me.
    Well, Iphones don't have any ram, so not surprised.

I think they still are only shipping them with 2gb of ram?

Maybe the $1200 iPhone edition will finally have 3gb.
    05-21-17 09:42 PM
    One thing I am having a problem with is the track information not showing up on my car , didn't have a problem with the priv .

I think it's a nougat problem.

Sometimes my SD card would not be recognized, I use the 256gb scandisk one.
    05-21-17 09:47 PM
    Well, Iphones don't have any ram, so not surprised.

I think they still are only shipping them with 2gb of ram?

Maybe the $1200 iPhone edition will finally have 3gb.
    My 7 plus holds apps in memory for days at a time

I had YouTube on with a video on Friday, opened about a dozen apps on Saturday, phone calls, etc and when I opened up YouTube Saturday night it was still in the same place
    05-21-17 09:55 PM
    It's not a core feature. A lot of Android users like to use the specific apps rather than getting them aggregated at one place.

I'm using it and it's not that bad since I use it only with emails, texts and calls. I like the Hub's formatting beyond comparison when emailing.

Also, people can get Hub from PlayStore if they just wanted Hub. BlackBerry will improve upon it. For me core is in the PKB and battery. The overall performance is pretty solid IMO.
    Hold on a minute. You're saying the BlackBerry Hub is not a core feature of the BlackBerry android suite?

By core feature I'm referring to the selling point of the device you're buying.

Does the dtek60 come with the google keyboard or BlackBerry keyboard by default? The stock features are the core ones.
    05-21-17 10:46 PM
    Hold on a minute. You're saying the BlackBerry Hub is not a core feature of the BlackBerry android suite?

By core feature I'm referring to the selling point of the device you're buying.

Does the dtek60 come with the google keyboard or BlackBerry keyboard by default? The stock features are the core ones.
    Yes DTEK 60 comes with BlackBerry VKB.

BlackBerry Hub (and other BlackBerry suite) can be downloaded from PlayStore and used on any Android device.

By core means, it is only available on that device. Yes Hub is useful and productive but certainly isn't the main reason buying this phone. You can easily get more high end phones and subscribe to the BlackBerry suite on them.
    05-21-17 11:41 PM
    Scrolling in google docs is awful. Probably more a app issue, but still needs a fix either from bb side or the app
    05-22-17 02:10 AM
    Scrolling in google docs is awful. Probably more a app issue, but still needs a fix either from bb side or the app
    thanks for sharing! First issue so far

Posted via CB10
    05-22-17 02:38 AM
82 123 ...