I've got a priv that I'm using to test on BES/UEM (BB Enterprise software).

I posted in another thread about memory usage and sluggishness and it's got me concerned about the new KeyOne phone.

I test the priv along side of a Samsung S6 Active which I believe was out around the time the priv came out. The S6A is hands down faster than the priv when doing side by side operations. I've noticed the priv getting slower and slower to the point where it's becoming annoying. Just navigating in the hub is getting slow. Installing apps takes forever both compared to the S6A.

I like the idea of the KeyOne, but if it's going to behave like the priv that I have I don't think I'm going to spend 550 bucks just to get something that will be slow and annoying.

Roveer
    02-26-17 08:51 PM
    Sounds like you've got a dud PRIV.
    02-26-17 08:52 PM
    I believe for the 1st batch of Priv there were something inherently wrong. My Priv got the error and brick every time I perform ota update.

However, with the feedback on dtek line, I think it's resolved by now. Bb got it sorted out.
    02-26-17 09:02 PM
    No errors or problems, just sluggish and not terribly sluggish, just annoyingly sluggish.
    02-26-17 09:15 PM
    No errors or problems, just sluggish and not terribly sluggish, just annoyingly sluggish.
    Mr mobile did a review acknowledging the sluggish PRIV but confirmed the KEYone is very very smooth.
    02-26-17 10:09 PM
    BlackBerry's version of Android has matured a lot more than the Priv's time. It's crazy how much more smoother and more mature the DTEK phone's were compared to the Priv.

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    02-26-17 10:13 PM
    Mr mobile did a review acknowledging the sluggish PRIV but confirmed the KEYone is very very smooth.
    That is encouraging. I really want to like K1 but am concerned after all the hoopla about the processor. I guess I'll have to wait till I can physically handle the device to make the determination.

However, my priv seemed responsive until I installed all my apps and now it seems slower.
    02-26-17 10:47 PM
    I'm not on BES, so maybe this isn't relevant. But I find that clearing the app cache every once in a while keeps things running smoothly. I've had my Priv since July and have grown to like it more and more.
    02-26-17 10:52 PM
    That is encouraging. I really want to like K1 but am concerned after all the hoopla about the processor. I guess I'll have to wait till I can physically handle the device to make the determination.

However, my priv seemed responsive until I installed all my apps and now it seems slower.
    I have not experienced it so I just rely on the reviewers for now. Do remember that this phone has 8 cores, while most flag ships have 4. Much better for mutlitasking!
    02-26-17 10:56 PM
    I think the PRIV was just a snake bitten device. It came out with the worst generation of Qualcomm processors. The sd808 and 810 needed to be under clocked by the software to keep from overheating. I don't think BlackBerry got the recipe right hardware or software wise with the PRIV.
    02-26-17 11:02 PM
    I have not experienced it so I just rely on the reviewers for now. Do remember that this phone has 8 cores, while most flag ships have 4. Much better for mutlitasking!
    I'm a manic app closer so that's somewhat less of an issue for me. If I'm not using it, then I want it closed and not consuming battery
    02-26-17 11:10 PM
    I think the PRIV was just a snake bitten device. It came out with the worst generation of Qualcomm processors. The sd808 and 810 needed to be under clocked by the software to keep from overheating. I don't think BlackBerry got the recipe right hardware or software wise with the PRIV.
    With a cheeky grin. Who says it doesn't overheat. I ran Waze while I drove down the highway and I could have cooked my lunch on my priv. Not to mention the battery drain. Couldn't even keep up with the charger.
    Last edited by Roveer; 02-27-17 at 10:55 AM.
    02-27-17 09:46 AM