Do you think this was TCL's, BlackBerry's idea when naming the phone? If so, they really set themselves up for a distinctive, iconic yet simple naming formula that is arguably almost as identifiable as saying iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 7 etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 10:27 AM
    02-28-17 10:28 AM
    Oshiiiiiip sorry, I hadn't read that thread yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 10:29 AM
    Steve Cistulli did say during one of CB's podcasts that the name would make more sense once the second one comes out. So yes, I think that means KEYone, KEYtwo, KEYthree...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-28-17 10:29 AM
    Well if this is the case, I hope they follow a 1 year release schedule like iPhone. Might just entice some people to upgrade more often since it is poised to be a very unique phone, instead of releasing a "different" phone with a keyboard 8 months later.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 11:00 AM
    Well if this is the case, I hope they follow a 1 year release schedule like iPhone. Might just entice some people to upgrade more often since it is poised to be a very unique phone, instead of releasing a "different" phone with a keyboard 8 months later.

Posted via CB10
    But this isn't iPhone. iPhone users buy the phone because it has an Apple logo on the back. Android buyers tend to care about price, performance, etc. So they need to have more choice in order to stay competitive. I believe the next keyboard device will come shortly after the K1, later in the same year, and will be a budget device. Probably something in the $200 range (or hopefully less). Then after that perhaps a higher spec one, but I don't know about that. I've only heard about the plans for a budget BB device.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-28-17 11:38 AM