Don't get too excited...

I'm willing to do anything at this point to get my hands on one. Has anyone seen one anywhere such as eBay?

I need this device before an upcoming business trip. Willing to pay TOP dollar.
    04-01-17 07:25 PM
    Any eBay auction would be shut down ASAP. You'll have to wait in line like everyone else.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-01-17 07:33 PM
    $2500 BitCoin offer on the table.

Sorry not sorry.
    04-01-17 07:38 PM
    I doubt you will find anyone selling.. The only people who have them would risk their career and / or being shunned in the future if they sold it..
    04-01-17 07:44 PM
    "being shunned" is a ridiculous thing to concern one's self with.
    04-01-17 07:50 PM
    "being shunned" is a ridiculous thing to concern one's self with.
    Being sacked isn't.
    MikeWrightBB likes this.
    04-01-17 08:00 PM
    I desire this device like a heroin addict who hasn't had a fix in days.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-01-17 08:07 PM
    Don't get too excited...

I'm willing to do anything at this point to get my hands on one. Has anyone seen one anywhere such as eBay?

Why don't you get a Priv?
    04-01-17 08:12 PM
    Got one. And a passport. Cracked them both. Gave my DTEK60 to my ex and I don't want to buy a new BlackBerry for a month and have to set it up. Waiting for a KEYone...
    04-01-17 08:15 PM
    Being sacked isn't.
    Agreed.

But if the sole consequence is "being shunned"--say, by this community--I'd laugh out loud as I sold it for $2500.
    antonrr likes this.
    04-01-17 08:16 PM
    Got one. And a passport. Cracked them both. Gave my DTEK60 to my ex and I don't want to buy a new BlackBerry for a month and have to set it up. Waiting for a KEYone...
    Then you'd crack a prerelease phone.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    04-01-17 08:20 PM
    Then you'd crack a prerelease phone.
    I've had over 20 BlackBerry devices since 2005.

I won't disagree with you.
    04-01-17 08:45 PM

But if the sole consequence is "being shunned"--say, by this community--I'd laugh out loud as I sold it for $2500.
    You would not be laughing when the rest of the tech community found out you sold a prototype and shunned you from ever getting early releases again.. Next time before you fixate on a word maybe look it up and then think of all the meanings it could hold?? I dunno, maybe?

If getting shunned by fellow users was the only concern then sure for $2500 why not? But again, that's not who would shun you and cause you problems down the line. I suppose you think $2500 is a lot of money too?
    Wezard likes this.
    04-01-17 08:54 PM
    You would not be laughing when the rest of the tech community found out you sold a prototype and shunned you from ever getting early releases again.. Next time before you fixate on a word maybe look it up and then think of all the meanings it could hold?? I dunno, maybe?

If getting shunned by fellow users was the only concern then sure for $2500 why not? But again, that's not who would shun you and cause you problems down the line. I suppose you think $2500 is a lot of money too?
    Relax. There's past devices sold legally before they go on sale to the common folks.
    04-01-17 09:19 PM

Lighten up, Francis.

Being shunned by...well, by you and by the others here who appear to be absolutely frantic that the phone hasn't been released by now, would be the least of my concerns.

$2500 is a pittance in the scheme of things. But hey, it's still cash. And my sole consequence is being shunned by a group of fanbois who thought it was "wrong"?

Where do I sign up?
    04-01-17 10:03 PM
    Relax. There's past devices sold legally before they go on sale to the common folks.
    Didn't realize I was upset so nothing to relax over.. I responded to a post where the person twice incorrectly quoted the meaning of my post..

Lighten up, Francis.

Being shunned by...well, by you and by the others here who appear to be absolutely frantic that the phone hasn't been released by now, would be the least of my concerns.

$2500 is a pittance in the scheme of things. But hey, it's still cash. And my sole consequence is being shunned by a group of fanbois who thought it was "wrong"?

Where do I sign up?
    Who is Francis? Me, frantic? Since you made the claim I'll wait for you to quote a post from me where I was 'absolutely frantic' over the phone not being released yet.. I'll wait, no rush...

The 'fanbois' as you call them and the users are not the one you'd have to worry about IF you had a unit to sell.. Would you like me to break it down in simpler terms for you?

1. Joe is one of a few influential people who has the phone in advance
    2. BB and TCL know Joe has the phone and what the IMEI is to the phone that Joe has
    3. Joe sells phone on eBay
    4. BB and TCL know Joe sold phone
    5. BB and TCL are upset at Joe
    6. Joes employer (probably a tech company of some sort) is also mad at Joe.
    7. Joe is shunned by BB, TCL and his employer.

The fanbois as you call them have nothing to do with it. You only mentioned that term to degrade others so please give it a rest...
    Wezard likes this.
    04-01-17 10:20 PM
    Lighten up, Francis.

Where do I sign up?
    The problem is not being shunned by fanbois. The problem is the people who have advance access to prototype phones would shun you like the plague. That'd be okay with you?
    raqball likes this.
    04-01-17 10:22 PM
    Lighten up, Francis.

Where do I sign up?
    I think he meant "shunned by BB because they sold a reviewer/QA device on eBay".
    raqball likes this.
    04-01-17 11:16 PM
    Op may have to look for a thief like CKB back in the days lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 11:39 PM
    Op may have to look for a thief like CKB back in the days lol.

Posted via CB10
    Why I'd never.

PM me...

Lol.
    04-01-17 11:44 PM
    Who is Francis?

I forgot--that came out probably 20 years before you were born.

Me, frantic? Since you made the claim I'll wait for you to quote a post from me where I was 'absolutely frantic' over the phone not being released yet.. I'll wait, no rush...
    I'm discussing people in general about this issue. Yes, you included.

The 'fanbois' as you call them and the users are not the one you'd have to worry about IF you had a unit to sell
    Huh. Then you didn't read what I wrote.
    04-02-17 05:16 AM
    since you have crack up so many BB consistantly, you should offer yourself as deta tester to TCL sign up for a marketing device (knowing it is not full version) and offer to pay... possibly need to sign NDA... bit coin recently lost some shining lately, is that why you want to get rid of it to exchange some physical asset that holds value a bit better? just kidding.
    04-02-17 07:08 AM
    Don't get too excited...

Contact CB Kevin and make him offer an offer you can't refuse!! LOL!
    04-02-17 10:12 AM

I forgot--that came out probably 20 years before you were born.
    Again you make assumptions that you know nothing about... I am well aware of the term and where it came from.. My comment was more along the lines of the attempted put down of others that you've done a few times here in this thread.. Meh, it is what it is and does not bother me.. BTW, I am 51 and will be 52 here in a few months...

I'm discussing people in general about this issue. Yes, you included.
    So again, show me / add a quote from a post that I made where I was 'absolutely frantic' over the phone not being released yet.. And again, I'll wait, no rush...
    04-02-17 10:47 AM
    So you'd rather pay $2500 on a preproduction unit than spend $300 on a Priv to use for a month?
    04-02-17 10:50 AM
32 12