It's at the top of my list. Can't be rooted. Monthly Security updates. Flick physical keyboard. Yes, I'm paying a premium for a lower specced (in some aspects) phone. But I get a better level of security. Plus I may wait for purchase incentives or for the price to come down a bit.
    Totally agree with you. I am now using a BlackBerry Priv and I am happy with it, but to replace my beloved,white BlackBerry 9900 I would have bought more happily the KeyOne, but I was in a rush. The sliding pkb of the Priv is good, but I would like more the KeyOne pkb
    04-21-17 03:12 AM
    I just checked in GSMArena a comparison between my Blackberry Priv and the new Blackberry KEYone
    The only things were the KEYone surpasses my Priv is a faster GPU, Adreno 418 @ 600 MHz vs Adreno 506 @ 650 MHz (I don't know whether is better or not anyway as this Adreno 506 graphic unit is integrated on Snapdragon 625 and Adreno 418 in 808) and a FM radio.

Sorry, not going to change my Priv for a KEYone

Posted via NEC G9D+
    I am doubtful: I have the Priv, but I am tempted by the KeyOne because I don't need a big screen to play Gates or madly surfing, and the sliding pkb of the Priv is not so comfortable. The KeyOne would have bene a good compromise
    04-21-17 03:19 AM
    If I need an Android device BlackBerry name will be at the bottom of the list.

Posted via CB10
    Then why are you here?
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-21-17 04:59 PM
    You using a Q5 there buddy?

Posted via CB10
    Don't knock the BlackBerry Q5; it was a very good smartphone and if not for the lack of a few essential applications I would still be using it.
    04-22-17 04:04 AM
    Oh right the plastic keyboard is what is warranting 300$ premium on price tag, lol
    Oh this is classic! You're saying the phone should be $150? What is wrong with you people? I paid $969 for my unlocked iphone 7 plus and am not ******** and I DOUBT that in daily use, it is any faster in opening apps or browsing the web. Milliseconds faster maybe, but who the hell cares??

I love the others who say things like "at $499 it would be a no brainer, but at $549, forget it!!"

LOL WTF?

If you don't think that this phone is worth the price, please move on and buy something that fits your needs. Why in the world are you still here complaining about the price point? Bitter much?
    stlabrat and Chris Townsend3 like this.
    04-22-17 11:26 PM
    Ehh...im getting it and i think its tad much they are asking compared to market. Keyboard only seems premium to us bb users. It will probably sell well of the start then we will continue waiting for the next great device from this team....realistically speaking.
    04-23-17 12:30 AM
    You can bet that BB management don't monitor these forums
    04-23-17 01:10 AM
    Ehh...im getting it and i think its tad much they are asking compared to market. Keyboard only seems premium to us bb users. It will probably sell well of the start then we will continue waiting for the next great device from this team....realistically speaking.
    Yeah. This is quaint device. I am interested in what follows. Hope for flagship specs. Larger screen still look like a BB though.
    04-23-17 01:12 AM
    I wouldn't make a comparison on anything unless I have the devices in my hand. Promote it , hate it, a little impossible if you haven't even used it. CK has a least held and used is preproduction model and has an idea...seems pretty smitten...could just be his job though. I would like to get a unit and try it out.
    04-23-17 01:15 AM
    We all kinda know this phone won't sell well,

I'm sure at best a million units will be sold ,

It's a brilliant device and concept, I'm buying one.
    04-23-17 01:37 AM
    Just look at the Xiaomi Mi6 with its TOP notch specs and its price tag and then decide. Was it reasonable to set a 549$ price for a SD625 and other mid specs? I don't think so. BTW, I'll buy the K1 in any case because I nned a keyboard. And no, I don't think that it's worth extra 300$ for a keyboard. IMHO

Posted via CB10 using Passport SE
    04-23-17 07:53 AM
    Just look at the Xiaomi Mi6 with its TOP notch specs and its price tag and then decide. Was it reasonable to set a 549$ price for a SD625 and other mid specs? I don't think so. BTW, I'll buy the K1 in any case because I nned a keyboard. And no, I don't think that it's worth extra 300$ for a keyboard. IMHO

Posted via CB10 using Passport SE
    I can see it minimizing damage with carrier support, but that doesnt look likely with 0 news on that front. my only fear is buying it for $600 upfront. Then seeing it on Bhphoto in 4 months for $300.
    04-23-17 08:08 AM
    Except that that BlackBerry capacitive keyboard costs lots to make and that processor with the battery will have a very long battery life.
    04-23-17 08:11 AM
    ULTRA specs? huh....pricing for ultra specs is like $800 like samsung S8, LG V20, etc. This is price far less. You are just complaining to complain.
    This is what I've been thinking too... "Ultra" spec phones being released are much more expensive than the KEYone, and it is a completely new phone, not just a re-brand. Obviously I'd like it to be cheaper but I think it's priced reasonably for release

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 09:07 AM
    How much really does it cost though? It could be very minimal.
    04-23-17 09:07 AM
    YUP! IT's been decided by the fly by nights that : NOBODY NEEDS A PHYSICAL KEYBOARD...

Just how much are the touch screens used on the laptops?
    and the horror of horrors, iPads?
    I see tons of people buying keyboards for them, and the Surface as well.

The myth of the cellphone with a physical keyboard is a dinosaur, its just a myth ...or is that dinosaur they're referring to a back-handed compliment to the agile and sleek owl, eagle or Jay? All modern refined descendents of the big green nasty ugly old slow and voracious power consumer dinosaurs?

KEYone an awful name? laughable "i7? (Bingo! You win!) " "apple" "moto" "Galaxy s8" (is that a music channel?, or the place that a Samsung owner wants to call his invisible green friend on his slab? Apples? Spoil in only a few months unless they kept cold - so another brilliant name, and they get worms, can bruise..and definitely attract fruit flys.

All in jest of course. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
    terminatorx likes this.
    05-05-17 03:07 PM
    anyone who wants a pkb will buy it regardless of the "heavy" pricetag for the specs (which most people do not care)
    But it will not sell without carrier support, devices in local stores and staff who at least try to sell it as an alternative to apple, samsung etc.
    05-05-17 03:16 PM
    Specs are for: reasonableness of price, good performance, keyboard productivity, the zillion Google Play apps everybody seems to need/want, and security (like non-rootability) . Priv got caught at being too pricey on its release - though no doubt it was also a brilliant design (as was the Passport).

Carrier support? It's an Android, so.... What you mean (for consumers) is lease to own purchasing bundled with plans? Yup that's helpful ($199Cdn or so...TELUS, Rogers and Bell ) in Canada, all confirmed.

Local stores? In Canada, one of the biggest Best-Buy? That might be iffy - lack of sales staff knowledge due to inducements? and the push it seems to sell Apple and Samsung (definitely via flyer advertising) might be a limiting factor.
    On-line? or Carrier BYOD? BlackBerry's online store of course, and other on-line channel stores, or through the carriers as well if the carriers price it right.
    05-05-17 07:00 PM
    Im sure the current specs would have been great with bb10 as they optimized hardware with software internally.

However, we all have used android, if you want latest android os upgrades through years to come mid range devices life span is much shorter than premium once we move towards android os 8 and 9. Thus for some, keyboard aside price tag is not easy to pass by compared to market. im viewing it this way as well. But then we tend to get new devices annually now anyway.

Real benefit of att for me is that if there is a new device next year i can easily upgrade on next.
    05-05-17 08:32 PM
    How wrong was this guy eh? 😁
    kirk_dan likes this.
    05-05-17 11:17 PM
    Let put this to end
    05-05-17 11:42 PM
446 ... 161718