You sound like you have Stockholm Syndrome. BlackBerry has been mistreating you with both of those devices yet you still want another BlackBerry...
    You sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Let me explain, I've been a BlackBerry user for about 15 years. First BlackBerry was 7130, I upgrade to a 8830 then to a 9000 then 9780 then 9900, then Passport. I decided to try Android with the Priv the OS and all the apps you can use was great but the build quality was poor, I switched to the Classic but as much as I liked BB10 the lack of apps was a deal breaker, went back to Android with the DTEK50 which I thoroughly enjoyed I bought a DTEK60 which looked great and had better specs than the 50 however a few months in I dropped the 60 and broke the screen while in repairs I used the 50 when the 60 arrived back from repairs I decided to sell it since it was not durable enough. Fortunately for me there is a good demand for used BlackBerry's, sold the Priv, Passport and DTEK60 quick and at a good price. Still using the DTEK50 but looking forward to a return to a PKB device......KEYone.
    raseru03 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    03-05-17 09:22 PM
    How much does anyone use their phone for all of this usage of documents?
    In a pinch sure, but if I was traveling I'd use my laptop.
    I use my Passport for work, but mainly emails and calls.
    The few times I used it for documents I can say were quick.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mattster723; 03-06-17 at 06:33 AM.
    03-06-17 06:08 AM
    I'll buy if the price goes down as for the specs I think it's still and looks better than Dtek 50.
    03-06-17 06:12 AM
    The BlackBerry Keyone is a disaster. I can tell you its gonna suck.

Firstly the name... they went with keyone when mercury was a much better name

Specs. I applaud the camera and the ram and the rest of the stuff... but snapdragon 625? For 549$.

Dude we get snapdragon 808 phones for cheaper nowadays.

The presentation sucked

April...lawl

And iam pretty sure that they wont advertise it.

Posted via my Nokia 3310
    New manufacturer and web site will help with sales.
    03-06-17 08:02 AM
    That is good for music and pictures but not all apps and pictures in apps. A lot of chat apps have images in them these days. Storage card is good for some things but not all things.
    You can have it treated as device storage. It's no different.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 08:20 AM
    How much does anyone use their phone for all of this usage of documents?
    In a pinch sure, but if I was traveling I'd use my laptop.
    I use my Passport for work, but mainly emails and calls.
    The few times I used it for documents I can say were quick.

Posted via CB10
    For editing documents with formatting I agree with you, but I've written and re-written tens of thousands of pages of text documents over the past 12 years on my BlackBerry devices. Even with my laptop open and running, I typically manage all of my PIM / Outlook type tasks on my BlackBerry. Frankly I find the interface better and more reliable for these simple, text-based functions.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-06-17 09:54 AM
    After trying the KEYone you realize what a success this device will be. Home-run all the way without a doubt!
    03-06-17 11:31 AM
    Thanks for clarifications...
    I did try to make a comparison on the web yet, I had no time to go "deeper"!
    Thanks again!
    Cheers,
    m.-
    03-10-17 06:16 AM
    Maybe I misunderstood then. You can extend the internal storage memory with the memory card? So if I have a 256GB memory card installed it would be as if I had an internal storage of 288GB (32+256).??
    Not sure what the actual size limit is, but I do this on a lowly 8Gb Moto E. Added a 32Gb card (Samsung Pro) and formatted as unified memory.

Plus: it works, no more storage shortages
    Minus: You cannot just pop in the micro SD card to a PC or something afterwards, or even another phone. You need to reformat if you are going to do that.
    Minus: android devices are picky about the card. Use fast, and brand-name only IMO.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 05:42 PM
    Shopblackberry is clearing inventory. You may have noticed...not a passport to be found. They are no longer in the hardware business

Try here http://blackberrymobile.com
    Are there really no more passports??
    03-10-17 06:36 PM
    It's not like any were produced since last, ah, forever ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 06:47 PM
    Try Ebay and Amazon
    03-10-17 08:55 PM
    Not directly from shopblackberry. There's always some on secondary markets and places

Posted via CB10
    03-10-17 08:57 PM
    Hahha the verge has always been a troll when it comes to good press for BlackBerry. They seem like their mission has been to downplay all the past devices as a waste of money, go get an iphone or samsung device and you will be much happier

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    The Verge has always been a troll when it comes to good press for any non Apple device, weither it was an Android, BlackBerry or Windows device.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 04:33 AM
    The reason it's a disaster is because in the UK, Samsung, Motorola and Apple rule the roost. You'll see HTC and OnePlus and the very occasional Windows Phone, but when you ask people if they've heard if they've heard of the Priv, they say no. DTEK, no.

I was out in Liverpool, UK with my DTEK50 on launch and there were 0 adverts throughout the city for the DTEK50, but there were adverts for the IDOL 4. I couldn't believe it...

Blackberry didn't advertise the Priv well, the DTEKs and this phone looks to follow the same trend. "Security blah blah". No one cares about security. Only nerds care about security. And they're pricing this phone higher than you can buy an S6 Edge or an S7. It's higher than the new Moto G5 will be and it's higher than the 64gb iPhone SE.

It's simply DOA. No one but the most hardcore Blackberry fan will buy this at it's current price. Try and convince Samsung, Motorola and iPhone users to buy this.

Blackberry and TCL need to release cheaper devices along the same line as the Moto G4 and Moto play and gain popularity rather than release overpriced devices and extremely disappointing launches.
    Exactly what I thought about K1. It will be DOA since only BlackBerry fans with deep pockets will buy in the first year. And to be honest, they are not so much. They would maybe help the release sale if each of them will buy more, like 10, devices.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    03-11-17 05:59 AM
    Exactly what I thought about K1. It will be DOA since only BlackBerry fans with deep pockets will buy in the first year. And to be honest, they are not so much. They would maybe help the release sale if each of them will buy more, like 10, devices.
    iTroll alert!!!
    03-11-17 10:18 AM
    Lol, the thread is still going strong.
    03-11-17 11:20 AM
    I am the guy who started it... and damn... i didnt know this thread would get this popular.

Posted via my nokia 3310 (the old one)
    03-12-17 10:59 AM
    OP, you do know 835 is shortage of supply, only sammy use it in S8? if you have source for limited qty order of 835 from qualcomm, with split shipment order but resonable price and good bined components, you should contact TCL and apply as components engineer job. They might consider... Bring a QA along, since that is why 835 is in short supply, so you can feedback to the Qualcomm what deficiency you observe on the handset, so they can fix it-for example, thermal issues or split ground return, etc. etc. (not sure the S8 delay is related to it or not). IMHO. that would be a fun job, seriously.
    03-12-17 12:16 PM
    03-12-17 12:21 PM
    I think Samsung is making them for Qualcomm that's why they get them first.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 06:17 AM
    Can't believe this train wreck of an OP ran for so long.

Shut'er down already Cooter.
    04-20-17 03:40 PM
    Forum moderators please close this thread.
    04-20-17 04:12 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Alain_A likes this.
    04-20-17 04:19 PM
    I can't wait to ditch my overheating mess of a priv.
    I had a priv for 2 month and never had a heat issue but sold it because I keep using my passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 04:24 PM
446 ... 15161718