TCL is keeping quiet because they want to avoid another situation where they told us April and now it won't be April. They don't know when they're going to launch this thing because they don't know when BlackBerry is going to finalize software. At least that's what I think.
    Yah, probably wouldn't help them at all to keep throwing out information. I wonder what is causing the delay though. Probably a supplier for a component or something. Who knows...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-18-17 10:49 AM
    That was always coming given Clove just made up May 5th to get pre orders
    04-18-17 10:57 AM
    Any email communication for people who have registered interest would be nice. Doesnt have to be a date, it could be many other things, to make sure they keep registered individuals interested and not forgotten. The whole aim of this is to get info direct from the source, as opposed to partner reseller sites. They need to take control of the communication, at the moment all these rumours are what further escalate the frustration. If they have nothing to say, then that's marketing fail in itself. I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue then a software. Cause the aurora has been launched with nougat, so can't be that. I think tcl has gone with a unreliable supplier cause of price on the keyboard, and they are having to reproduce and probably reassemble to get it right.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    04-18-17 11:02 AM
    452nd time this has been posted: Some retailers were showing the May 4, 5 date before the tweets.

I know, no need to repeat yourself.

I was sinply stating that it was even more of a reason that those dates were BS.. How would it be released on the 4th/5th If he confirmed that only in NA we'll hear more about it in May
    04-18-17 11:02 AM
    Studies prove that 100% of people who breathe oxygen eventually die. Oxygen is poison, lol.

Enjoy your S8. I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket that I have to spend on a phone by a deadline, so I'll wait.

Leave it to the Slagman for keepin it real! Haha!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 11:11 AM
    Studies prove that 100% of people who breathe oxygen eventually die. Oxygen is poison, lol.

Enjoy your S8. I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket that I have to spend on a phone by a deadline, so I'll wait.

You have no idea how true this is -- oxygen is what invariably is breaking our bodies down and killing us, hence all the pharmaceutical studies and research pushing anti-oxidants...

Oxygen is Killing Us | Underground Wellness
    04-18-17 11:19 AM
    a specific date in may is good news. at last we have a date.
    brunibruni likes this.
    04-18-17 11:20 AM
    Yea it's not Cloves fault in the slightest.
    Actually, it kinda of is. They set the date as May 5th based on nothing more than a tweet they misread.
    James Nieves and Carjackd like this.
    04-18-17 11:36 AM
    Here we go now it's the partner sites fault that they shouldn't have committed a date without knowing for sure, yet it's fine for bb mobile to miss deadlines and not even apologise or explain or communicate the changes.

They said early April clearly when announced and I have not seen one official note from bb mobile to explain what's going on. A tweet from Steve doesn't cut it.
    04-18-17 11:42 AM
    Any email communication for people who have registered interest would be nice. Doesnt have to be a date, it could be many other things, to make sure they keep registered individuals interested and not forgotten. The whole aim of this is to get info direct from the source, as opposed to partner reseller sites. They need to take control of the communication, at the moment all these rumours are what further escalate the frustration. If they have nothing to say, then that's marketing fail in itself. I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue then a software. Cause the aurora has been launched with nougat, so can't be that. I think tcl has gone with a unreliable supplier cause of price on the keyboard, and they are having to reproduce and probably reassemble to get it right.
    Agreed, the whole "register for information" thing is always a waste of time unfortunately...

04-18-17 11:42 AM
    You have no idea how true this is -- oxygen is what invariably is breaking our bodies down and killing us, hence all the pharmaceutical studies and research pushing anti-oxidants...

Oxygen is Killing Us | Underground Wellness
    Well, yes and no. It is what causes metal to rust as well, but ultimately, we also need it, haha.

04-18-17 11:44 AM
    May 22?? LOL
    When I saw that Bq Aquaris X Pro's (other option I had with almost the same hw than K1 except the pkb) release date was June (it was presented on March) I said "I'll pass on this one, too late for me". Right now I expect the K1 to be in Spain in July or so 😁
    04-18-17 11:54 AM
    Eh, what's another month more gonna do to me. If anything I'll have more money saved up for accessories!

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    04-18-17 11:56 AM
    In terms of lack of information, the only reason I even know the KEYone was delayed or what to expect in terms a release timeframe is based on what I have read here on CB. What is the purpose of registering with BlackBerrymobile for updates? I haven't received a single email from them yet about the K1.
    04-18-17 11:58 AM
    In terms of lack of information, the only reason I even know the KEYone was delayed or what to expect in terms a release timeframe is based on what I have read here on CB. What is the purpose of registering with BlackBerrymobile for updates? I haven't received a single email from them yet about the K1.
    They probably sold your email address, lol.

04-18-17 12:14 PM
    What is with all of these sly comments about people being disappointed with the lack of information and release date being pushed back.

Sorry, but are we not allowed to be disappointed with how TCL / BlackBerry are handling this? I'm sick of all the sarcastic comments about people being 'children' or people taking the p*ss out of other peoples annoyance.

At the end of the day, the information everyone was given when they unveiled this device was that it would be AVAILABLE early April.
    That date came and went with no news. Then we hear the phone is going into production at the end of April. That's it.

Rather than do the smart thing, and keep their customers informed - hell, I'm not even talking about everyone - why not just the people who have expressed their interest officially on the website? - they have instead just kept quiet which is the reason why people are feeling a little deflated.
    It is also the reason why people (like myself) have ordered a different device that we know the availability of.

I think the very fact that people are so angry is testament to the fact that people truly want this device. TCL / BB have done a seemingly great job building hype. People who were claiming BB were 'dead and buried' were coming out saying how interested they were in the KEYone but unfortunately, the company remaining tight lipped has undone that hard work and hype that was built at MWC.

In honesty, I don't think people are bothered that the phone isn't available yet, I think most of this frustration comes from the silence of TCL / BB. I think people would feel much more relaxed if they had come out and said the reason for the delay (such as production issues or quality control or whatever) and apologised along with giving a new rough ETA. Instead we just have these dates that keep being thrown about because they won't tell us anything concrete.

I completely understand peoples frustrations and think that they need to acknowledge it to avoid alienating even the most loyla of fans, which has already started happening.
    Well said!

8700» 8310» 9700» 9900» Q10» KEYone (someday)
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-18-17 12:38 PM
    They probably sold your email address, lol.

Hilarious! Has TCL figured out yet the same guy they sent to Barcelona is putting half the people on CB off the device? Keep up the good work buddy!
    04-18-17 12:44 PM
    I've already bought a memory card for the KEYone. It has a lifetime warranty. I'm starting to worry it will expire before KEYone even comes.
    04-18-17 12:56 PM
    I've already bought a memory card for the KEYone. It has a lifetime warranty. I'm starting to worry it will expire before KEYone even comes.
    LOL I see what you did there.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 01:31 PM
    And this answer is why people are so down on BB, as another thread debates.
    04-18-17 01:50 PM
    Up until now I was staunchly committed to waiting for Keyone. Not anymore.
    I mean I will be waiting still, but my commitment has been shaken.
    Every month we hear 'next month' it's a joke. Either BB/TCL ends this soon or I will end it.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 02:05 PM
    Chen was right after all regarding the timing. Clearly this isn't a delay if we go by what he implied during the earnings call. It's just unfortunate TCL had to build the hype so early. In the end it's nobody's fault really.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 02:41 PM
    Chen shouldn't say anything more about this. It's TCL/BlackBerry Mobile's device to ship and it's theirs to market and sell.

BlackBerry Mobile, on the other hand, needs to communicate. It's not about me personally "needing" my K1 by a certain date. It's about me and many others here wanting this device to succeed so that we can have more PKB devices in the future. As the delays extend, and comms become more confusing, the probability of this device succeeding diminishes. They were building a nice little storm coming out of MWC; now they've let most of that go to waste.

It's a shame.
    Spot on buddy!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 02:51 PM
    I am very disappointed by how TCL is handling the launching the device. I feel like they're like new company barely started business. I am sure blackberry is mad at TCL but hopefully they get things sort it out.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 03:02 PM
    Totally confusing, someone in the [Rumor] 27 April thread just posted a tweet from Selfridges that the KEYone will be available in their London Shop on April 27th. Man this is getting on everybody's nerves!!

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    04-18-17 03:21 PM
132 1234 ...