Have you ever learned to play the piano? The thing seemed impossible until you practiced..... and then..... it sunk in, and became much more natural...
    Just like learning to type on any BlackBerry. It is learned muscle training. NOT AUTOMATIC. Everyone who wants to can become proficient. I don't believe that BlackBerry Mobile would design a keyboard that the majority of keyboard users would hate.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-02-17 08:32 PM
    A bit of discouraging news on the keyboard from the International Business Times UK (IBT) who noted in their hands-on that the KEYone keyboard was " a little cramped compared to those found on the beloved Bold range or the BlackBerry Classic."

BlackBerry KeyOne preview: Hands-on with the keyboard-toting comeback Android smartphone
    Good lord, I've heard this on every phone, let it go, sheesh! It too wide, it's too narrow, it's too creaky! Let it go.
    03-02-17 08:36 PM
    Good lord, I've heard this on every phone, let it go, sheesh! It too wide, it's too narrow, it's too creaky! Let it go.
    But it was a LITTLE cramped but not alot!

Posted via CB10
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-02-17 09:14 PM
    I totally enjoyed my Torch 9810 keyboard, and the Q10 keyboard! I even like my PRIV keyboard, but am looking forward to the "more traditional BlackBerry keyboard"feel I also would not worry about a five minute....Ït feels cramped" statement. I have been using the PKB on the PRIV more in training for the KEYone. In this week, I can notice just how much more adept I am...
    I use the PKB on my Priv a lot and owned the Bold 9900, Q10, and Classic. It's about adapting to the keyboard and now typing on the Priv is like second nature to me. I love it. I do want the K1 but will feel like I am wasting money letting go of a perfectly fine Priv, mint condition.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-02-17 10:09 PM
    But it was a LITTLE cramped but not alot!

Posted via CB10
    Suck It Up Man!! We are those who dared picked up the phones known as, BlackBerry! We are the proud, the few, who can conquer all PKB's! a day without a PKD is a long day of correcting typo's!
    03-03-17 05:59 AM
    It seems that no matter what, there will always be someone that mentions the keyboard being cramped. too small, etc. Doesn't mean they are wrong- just their opinion. I still want one to decide for myself.
    03-03-17 08:44 AM
    The KeyOne's pkb doesn't look that cramped to me, everyones different though so it doesn't matter and even if someone gets it and complains about it being cramped, if they stick with it they will adjust
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-03-17 10:41 AM
    Good call, spartacus!
    I'm writing a book about this Spaced Mans observations of Earths "Higher Intelligence."
    I'm doing a few chapters on how you humans have screwed up the English Language so badly that "Slang" can now be credited as a second language. I didn't "target" you (I don't do personal) My message is read by the few who really need to take it to heart.
    . I just happened to come across your post and your reply was perfect except it's not a "self serving" thing... I'm doing my part to make CB a "NO-Negativity" Zone, and I'll settle for a smirk if it stops some of our less aware members from bickering.

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0117.gif
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-03-17 11:11 AM
    I think it'll be a nice size that people will get used to fairly quickly. I think they did a lot of work to ensure this is a one handed device while still having a large enough keyboard to hammer out messages and e-mails.

It may take a few days to get used to but I've found I can get used to most of these keyboards after a couple of days use.
    anon(55900) likes this.
    03-03-17 12:00 PM
    It seems that no matter what, there will always be someone that mentions the keyboard being cramped. too small, etc. Doesn't mean they are wrong- just their opinion. I still want one to decide for myself.
    Exactly, get one in hand first. And then even if it isn't right for someone, they don't need to come back and declare the pkb is going to be bad for everyone when it's just one person's experience. A blanket remark that it is too small or two big makes no sense.coming back and saying, I'm a pro basket ball player and is too small for gigantic hands, that says something.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-03-17 12:12 PM
    I wouldn't lose sleep about the size. Yes, there will be an adjustment period, but BlackBerry knows how to do keyboards. I started with a 9810 and fretted about the vkb on the Z10. Turns out that BlackBerry did such a good job with their autocorrect that I would type purely by muscle memory and the Z10 would turn gibberish into the exact word I wanted. Then I jumped to the Passport and it is the best two-handed typing experience (the Torch and Z10 felt slightly unnatural two-handed and I don't normally type one-handed). I moved back to the Z10 for two months while overseas and briefly struggled to adjust, but was soon back to my old emailing ways. So yeah, change is hard, but don't worry!

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    03-03-17 07:31 PM
    Yeah, pretty much what 85 million Blackberry peak users already did, they let it go...I don't know, maybe it's just a wee bit important that Blackberry Mobile gets the keyboard right. Hope they did.
    03-03-17 10:04 PM
    Width is same, height is not. Also no sculpting
    Yeah a lot of blackberry competitors had PKBs with the flatter keys over the years and mostly were worse than Blackberry PKBs. Interesting that BB mobile chose that route.
    03-04-17 01:31 AM
    Yeah, pretty much what 85 million Blackberry peak users already did, they let it go...I don't know, maybe it's just a wee bit important that Blackberry Mobile gets the keyboard right. Hope they did.
    I agree with Techno. Not sure why every single person doesn't see the obvious - the pkb is literally the ONLY reason for this phone to exist. The ONLY reason it was produced was to offer a pkb. Therefore, the simplest logic of all concludes that the pkb absolutely must be really good, or the device will be of zero value and will fail miserably. That means that the focus of attention and the focus of reviews must be the pkb - assuming that everything else is at least competitive with the hundreds of vkb competitors.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    03-04-17 02:59 AM
    A bit of discouraging news on the keyboard from the International Business Times UK (IBT) who noted in their hands-on that the KEYone keyboard was " a little cramped compared to those found on the beloved Bold range or the BlackBerry Classic."
    Reads as a largely positive review, to me. The comment about the keyboard size is simply an observation, and probably a fair one. It wasn't an outright criticism of the KEYone and the reviewer seemed fairly smitten with the new TCL BlackBerry.
    I'm keen to get my thumbs on that new pkb and am genuinely hoping that it can match the feel and performance of my beloved 9900 -- just need to wait.....
    03-04-17 04:11 AM
    In regards to the many complaints all over the web that are critical of the K1 PKB. How is BB Mobile supposed to make a PKB that everyone human on the planet loves to death?? and when one person proclaims that they have decree'd that the PKB is a loser, AND they haven't even touched it yet, well perhaps someone wiser than I can explain that, but to me it's an obvious Troll. As I've said to myself all my life, Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has their own, I don't appreciate some yokel telling me they have decided the pkb is no good, period, I will decide for myself, but as others have pointed out, every PKB has a learning curve as well as learning to type on a VKB too. So to those that haven't even touched a K1 yet but wants to be the big man and make the decision for everyone that it is no good I say, 'shut the up' fool. And to those who may have used it, you still have no right to tell every one that you have decided for everyone else the pkb is no good, you don't talk for me nor anyone else, but they are making themselves out the fool. It seems that most of the real appraisers who went to Barcelona and left with a K1 has said that the phone, even in that preproduction phone they got to go home with was a well thought out and well designed device, including the PKB. Then Joe Smo who from looking at a picture says, blah, blah blah, they don't like it, its going to fail, BB is dead, obvious Troll. There are many who simply like to feel they have killed some thing, and as for Media, good gosh, everyone ought to know that they will write anything to make money off their articles.
    03-04-17 09:17 AM
    The width is the same isn't it? They can't be that different regarding spacing.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't try it, the KEYone. However, I believe BlackBerry/TCL won't repeat the same mistakes of the Priv. The crammed keyboard was due to the slider build factor and even if they're the same width, it won't be the same keyboard at all. Much room for the keyboard to breathe and for the keys to be more press-able.

They've been patching up their mistakes with the recent devices. Pricing for example, forget the whole too expensive KEYone thing, its expensive alright but that's because it's a PKB device. DTEK60 is an excellent device value-wise in terms of what it offers.
    03-04-17 02:36 PM
67 123