If I was one of the GSM networks in the US I'd jump on launching this to prise a few BB fans who will adopt early away from the CDMA carriers.

Unlike the DTEKs there some serious pent up demand for a new keyboard only phone- was the Classic the last one?
    AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon were all burned with the PRIV.

They'll wait for sales figures after UK and Canada release. Nobody is going to risk their job on any niche phone release. BlackBerry PKB is not a guarantee in US market and hasn't been since 9900.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 06:55 PM
    AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon were all burned with the PRIV.

They'll wait for sales figures after UK and Canada release. Nobody is going to risk their job on any niche phone release. BlackBerry PKB is not a guarantee in US market and hasn't been since 9900.
    For carriers to carry a phone, they have to believe there's a possibility of getting a new customer (or retaining one) because the phone is desirable. There probably isn't enough new or existing customers that desire the KEYone to make a significant difference in their bottom line... except for perhaps Sprint, which needs more customers. The KEYone is something unique they could offer on Sprint. Hopefully Sprint won't ask for an exclusive that would preclude unlocked KEYone's from being sold and thereby delay KEYone's for people on AT&T and T-Mobile. Hopefully TCL won't agree to something like that, even if Sprint is the only carrier interested.
    05-04-17 08:27 PM
    For carriers to carry a phone, they have to believe there's a possibility of getting a new customer (or retaining one) because the phone is desirable. There probably isn't enough new or existing customers that desire the KEYone to make a significant difference in their bottom line... except for perhaps Sprint, which needs more customers. The KEYone is something unique they could offer on Sprint. Hopefully Sprint won't ask for an exclusive that would preclude unlocked KEYone's from being sold and thereby delay KEYone's for people on AT&T and T-Mobile. Hopefully TCL won't agree to something like that, even if Sprint is the only carrier interested.
    I hope this isn't a repeat of the Palm release on Sprint when Pre was released.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-17 08:50 PM
    Hopefully Sprint won't ask for an exclusive that would preclude unlocked KEYone's from being sold and thereby delay KEYone's for people on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    If that happens I'm buying an unlocked North American GSM model from Canada.
    05-04-17 09:22 PM
    Hopefully Sprint won't ask for an exclusive that would preclude unlocked KEYone's from being sold and thereby delay KEYone's for people on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    If that happens I'm buying an unlocked North American GSM model from Canada.
    05-04-17 09:22 PM
    Hopefully Sprint won't ask for an exclusive that would preclude unlocked KEYone's from being sold and thereby delay KEYone's for people on AT&T and T-Mobile. Hopefully TCL won't agree to something like that, even if Sprint is the only carrier interested.
    I highly doubt TCL would agree to that. Agree to being only official carrier exclusively for a month? Sure. But preventing others from BYOD.....been wrong before, but can't see that happening.

Posted with my  Classic
    05-05-17 12:19 AM
    Lol for a guy who claims he isn't butt hurt you sure have a hard time letting things go.
    I feel like i have a stalker, lol. You better be a hot blonde (female). ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-05-17 02:18 AM
    Unlike some people who harass and troll by calling everyone a "fanboy" because they're pointing out weak arguments?
    Lol.

Stop pointing out the double standard. They don't like it. ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 05-05-17 at 02:30 AM.
    05-05-17 02:19 AM
    You guys harass and troll people who express disappointment and take their money elsewhere, yet still deny you are fanboys...
    Um, I'm seriously asking the question, as in I really want to know if he has secured those names... I don't know, I'm very curious, the first guy might have been joking, but I actually want to know, lmao.
    05-05-17 02:26 AM
    Or as others have suggested, a planned, staged rollout of a niche market device, to first test the smaller UK market before committing to production numbers for the larger US market.
    Nah, doubt this was planned. You're giving them too much credit, lol. Either way, I (as in me, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, so sick of this disclaimer, but apparently it's required) am not going to stress about the extra wait. Either way I want a pkb phone so it's not like I can just get something else, lol.
    05-05-17 02:29 AM
    Matter of opinion..

I can see why some might make ONE maybe TWO posts saying they are disappointed but when someone continues to negatively post about a phone they don't want, won't get and have never used, the situation shifts on who is trolling..

I am not a fanboy but feel free to call me one if you wish. I am getting the KeyONE and maybe it will be a terrible, overpriced phone.. Maybe it will be one of the best phones I have ever used. I won't know until I get it in hand as online reviews are meaningless to me as are the opinions of those who have never touched the phone..

If you don't want the phone, don't get it.. It's a simple solution but why do some feel the need to constantly post negativity over a phone they don't want, won't get and have never even touched?

It baffling really... I have ZERO interest in the Samsung S8.. I think it's an overpriced bloat loaded phone BUT... I don't run off to their forums posting negativity about it..

Meh, it is what it is.. I guess I am now a fanboy.. So be it..
    Well, you're not ranting about how you're not going to buy this and how the entire company is made up of idiots, and "botched" "failure" "fiasco" etc... Yep, you must be a fanboy... I have no clue what a difference of opinion is, so you must be some crazy nut job fanboy who thinks BB can do no wrong. Fact.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    05-05-17 02:32 AM
    Just buy unlocked, I wouldn't wish Sprint upon anyone.
    Agreed...
    05-05-17 02:33 AM
    Just tweeted @t-mobile and T-Mobile Help. And they replies with "Great Device! " and referred me to a link for New device Announcements on their T-Mobile webpage
    05-05-17 09:06 AM
88 ... 234