What apps do you all use to restore data from Blackberry 10 to the new KeyOne? I've heard Content Transfer from BlackBerry app world and Google Play? Is that good?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 10:42 PM
    Yea content transfer is best between. blackberry devices.
    Start the app on KEYone and follow directions.
    Worked great for me.
    07-19-17 10:46 PM
    What apps do you all use to restore data from Blackberry 10 to the new KeyOne? I've heard Content Transfer from BlackBerry app world and Google Play? Is that good?

Posted via CB10
    Don't use content transfer... Use a google or outlook account on your Q10 and sync the contacts, then simply sync them to your KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you can use an app from bbw that backs up your text messages into xml format, then use a similar android app to restore them.
    07-19-17 11:34 PM
    Don't use content transfer... Use a google or outlook account on your Q10 and sync the contacts, then simply sync them to your KEYᵒⁿᵉ, you can use an app from bbw that backs up your text messages into xml format, then use a similar android app to restore them.
    Thanks but I'm so confused of how to even start that. I have a Google account on my Q10, how to a SYNC my contacts to it?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 11:36 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SBackupRestore
    Is one I used on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, there is one for BB10 that I found but it's not free, but the combination works great, I have like 30,000+ messages and they all went through.
    07-19-17 11:37 PM
    Also, content transfer won't add my contacts or any other stuff? Why not Content Transfer?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 11:37 PM
    Nevermind, Content Transfer for Blackberry is working just fine! Contacts music and all! Thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 11:56 PM
    Thanks but I'm so confused of how to even start that. I have a Google account on my Q10, how to a SYNC my contacts to it?

Posted via CB10
    Go into your Q10 settings and Accounts and go into the google one. Is "Sync Contacts" turned on? If so, you can log into your google account from a PC and check to see if all of the contacts are there. Sometimes some are only saved on your phone and not synced to the account, it's much easier to make these changes and additions from your computer than from another phone. Basically, get all of your contacts in order this way first. Then on your KEYone, add the same google account and also make sure to select to sync contacts. All of those contacts should now show on your KEYone.

Content Transfer is kind of a crapshoot if it works or not. And when it doesn't, it basically just transfers stuff to your new phone that either doesn't appear correctly or doesn't appear at all...

Having your contacts synced through google or outlook is better anyway, any change to any device is as easy as logging in.
    07-19-17 11:59 PM
    Nevermind, Content Transfer for Blackberry is working just fine! Contacts music and all! Thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok, you got lucky then. Some others weren't so lucky, lol.
    07-20-17 12:00 AM
    Oh ok, you got lucky then. Some others weren't so lucky, lol.
    The only thing was not all of my music that was stored on my device came over. Some of it is like in an separate internal storage drive but Play Music is not finding them. Any suggestions for getting songs to show and transfer right?
    07-20-17 03:51 AM
    I would just connect the phones to a PC and transfer them manually, then you know exactly where everything is going and it'll probably be quicker that way anyway.
    07-20-17 09:47 AM