It is frustrating because nobody likes to be teased and left to dry.

However from what I've heard Sammy has their launch party on the 29th but won't ship until late April so they're also about the same time-frame.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-19-17 02:13 PM
    At the event, they said April. We are in March now. What is the uproar from some? There is no misrepresentation, no delay to speak of at this point. Yes we want this device in hand YESTERDAY, but from this Classic owners perspective, I've wanted a true upgrade for my phone for some time and it's worth waiting until April for me.

If some of you don't share my patience and NEED a new phone in your hand like today, get a new phone. No one is forcing you to wait for the KEYone. Just please don't post in here how disappointed you are that you didn't wait a few weeks more for that physical keyboard device you truly desire and are locked in a contract with another phone and blame BlackBerry Mobile for "delays" that weren't delays at all.

Posted with my  Classic
    Come on, the latest indications are, that May COULD be more propable than a April-Release. This is, what seems to be the problem for many here - to wait a few more weeks, while many expected in their optimism the first deliveries beginning with April, 1st.
    03-19-17 02:25 PM
    I'm bored of guessing, they will release it when they release it, if I like something else between now and then I'm cancelling my pre-order, I'm leaning towards the S8, looks like it's going to be a nice device.
    03-19-17 02:37 PM
    Come on, the latest indications are, that May COULD be more propable than a April-Release. This is, what seems to be the problem for many here - to wait a few more weeks, while many expected in their optimism the first deliveries beginning with April, 1st.
    Indications from people in here speculating, nothing from BlackBerry Mobile.

When I heard April, I personally expected, and until I hear OFFICIAL word otherwise, that mid-late April is the time frame.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-19-17 02:37 PM
    I'm bored of guessing, they will release it when they release it, if I like something else between now and then I'm cancelling my pre-order, I'm leaning towards the S8, looks like it's going to be a nice device.
    You have every right to do that. I'd be surprised however if you cancel a pre-ordered phone, told to be an April release prior to you pre-ordering, while we are still in March.

But as I said, you have every right. Each person has their own wants and needs and don't owe us in CrackBerry land an explanation.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-19-17 02:39 PM
    Indications from people in here speculating, nothing from BlackBerry Mobile.

When I heard April, I personally expected, and until I hear OFFICIAL word otherwise, that mid-late April is the time frame.

Posted with my  Classic
    Speculating based on pre-orders that are paid from listings that mention early April and then changed to May, people are not pulling dates out of thin air.
    Bostil1987 likes this.
    03-19-17 02:41 PM
    Speculating based on pre-orders that are paid from listings that mention early April and then changed to May, people are not pulling dates out of thin air.
    Jan: "coming soon"
    Feb: "coming soon"
    March: "coming soon"
    April: "coming soon"
    May: "coming soon"

Repeat & rinse lolol. Treadmill 2.0
    03-19-17 02:44 PM
    Yes, unfortunately this is true. This is not guessing anymore, these are the delivery-dates from several sellers. We could now close our eyes and believe, what TCL / BB told us end of February or see this as signs, that the release could be slightly postponed.
    03-19-17 03:28 PM
    The consumer (other than us lot ) thinks BB is dead. The UK carrier retail staff I've spoken don't know BB, have never used BB and think BB is some kind of relic. This better be one great (re)launch.
    03-19-17 04:56 PM
    I think most want to say if its april release then announce it week or 2 prior not months. We know iphone is released in september but they wont announce it in july. And im sure its other things over the years that is just starting to bother everyone and nothing specific to be exact.
    Bure03 likes this.
    03-19-17 05:27 PM
    I might cave in and buy the s8...
    03-19-17 06:28 PM
    I guess I just don't understand the mind set of I want it now... and if I don't get it now, then I will change to a totally different form factor. How much did you really want that form factor in the first place? I switched twice from BlackBerry for very definite reasons.... Once because my curve did not have the reception I needed in the area I lived in. The Motorola Atrix did the job admirably. I missed the keyboard, so I got a number of Bolds and a Torch. I then moved to BB10, both keyboard and slab. I moved back to Android, with a Nexus 6P, due to the lack of apps. I moved back to BB with the Priv. I LIKE the physical keyboard. Why are you waffling over a few weeks? Delayed (even though nothing is late yet) gratification makes the owning much sweeter.
    03-19-17 07:15 PM
    It wouldn't be a blackberry device, if delays didn't happen. lol
    03-19-17 09:12 PM
    At least launch in before the usual madd smartphone market launch in This quarter.
    When is a good time to launch so that you have the full attention of everyone? With the amount of mobile devices released these days, you're either in the middle of someone else's launch or people are waiting for an announcement. At least, that's what I've noticed.

Do people buy based on needs or do people buy based on impulse? For example, would a Samsung customer buy an iPhone because Samsung made them wait a month, two months, etc. for the next Samsung? Sure, all their investment is in Android apps, but it doesn't matter. It depends on what is in front of them at the moment?

Whats sad is Kevin on this forum is getting more media attention promoting this device than a company thats releasing it. Just think about the state they are in.
    As great as Kevin's tour is, it's not getting the media attention you're thinking. It's pretty much limited to BlackBerry fans and mostly fans still on CrackBerry.
    03-19-17 10:31 PM
    Other than the Note 7, pretty much every Samsung device has garnered rave reviews. Did you just figure this out?
    03-19-17 10:36 PM
    I guess I just don't understand the mind set of I want it now... and if I don't get it now, then I will change to a totally different form factor. How much did you really want that form factor in the first place? I switched twice from BlackBerry for very definite reasons.... Once because my curve did not have the reception I needed in the area I lived in. The Motorola Atrix did the job admirably. I missed the keyboard, so I got a number of Bolds and a Torch. I then moved to BB10, both keyboard and slab. I moved back to Android, with a Nexus 6P, due to the lack of apps. I moved back to BB with the Priv. I LIKE the physical keyboard. Why are you waffling over a few weeks? Delayed (even though nothing is late yet) gratification makes the owning much sweeter.
    I don't get it either. Do these people see the KEYone announcement and convince themselves that the keyboard is worth the investment then they see another announcement and the keyboard isn't worth it? Or is money so expendable that it doesn't matter?
    03-19-17 10:45 PM
    Being a BlackBerryaholic since 2008, we've been through this many times before, with launch dates and delays that were seriously long and none of what's going on right now even compares. But the idea of abandoning BlackBerry devices because I can't get what I want when I want it ain't gonna happen. Yes, I'm freakin' nuts about the K1 and can't wait to hold, play, stroke, cuddle, tweak, and love on one.....but the BlackBerry in my hand right now is fine for now. I agree with the above post that if this delay that hasn't even happened yet is going to make a person buy another phone, go for it. The K1 is obviously not that crucial to your existence (like it is mine), so get what you want and enjoy. I can wait.
    03-19-17 11:30 PM
    Other than the Note 7, pretty much every Samsung device has garnered rave reviews. Did you just figure this out?
    Not really, i have the s7 edge so very familiar with Samsung, it's looking to be a better option now.
    03-19-17 11:35 PM
    Not really, i have the s7 edge so very familiar with Samsung, it's looking to be a better option now.
    So the KEYone would be a impulse buy?
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-19-17 11:46 PM
    So the KEYone would be a impulse buy?
    I already pre-ordered the keyone, so not sure what your on about.
    03-19-17 11:50 PM
    I already pre-ordered the keyone, so not sure what your on about.
    You have an S7 Edge. It doesn't have a physical keyboard. The KEYone's main attribute that you can't get with any Samsung is the physical keyboard. What attracted you to it so that you would pre-order? Impulse buy? Just bored and have cash to spend? Or do you really need a physical keyboard? Pretty much every other spec has the S8 beating the KEYone. Heck, even some people have been pointing out that the S7 specs are better.

As for the pre-order, did they take all the money in advance already or did you put a deposit down, a deposit that would be returned if you ended up not buying? Here in the States, if payment has been collected, then the seller must deliver within 30-days. That's the general rule. If you're just putting a no-risk deposit down, then what's the big deal? You get first dibs for essentially putting your name on a list. If the deposit was too much for you to afford at the moment, then perhaps put no deposit down and wait like the rest of us who can't even pre-order. There's no out-of-pocket money right now.
    03-20-17 12:08 AM
    You have an S7 Edge. It doesn't have a physical keyboard. The KEYone's main attribute that you can't get with any Samsung is the physical keyboard. What attracted you to it so that you would pre-order? Impulse buy? Just bored and have cash to spend? Or do you really need a physical keyboard? Pretty much every other spec has the S8 beating the KEYone. Heck, even some people have been pointing out that the S7 specs are better.

As for the pre-order, did they take all the money in advance already or did you put a deposit down, a deposit that would be returned if you ended up not buying? Here in the States, if payment has been collected, then the seller must deliver within 30-days. That's the general rule. If you're just putting a no-risk deposit down, then what's the big deal? You get first dibs for essentially putting your name on a list. If the deposit was too much for you to afford at the moment, then perhaps put no deposit down and wait like the rest of us who can't even pre-order. There's no out-of-pocket money right now.
    Ding ding ding.

That's the thing that puzzles me about some in this thread. It would stand to reason that the physical keyboard is the main draw to this phone for the vast majority interested in it. Yet some impatience may lead to some buying another slab phone, likely followed by regret and a desire still for the physical keyboard.

Posted with my  Classic
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-20-17 12:16 AM
    Mmh... you seem to have a shorter cycle with your phones than I have for example.

Unlucky as I am, I Sold my new PP SE in April last year in order to be prepared for the Vienna / Rome / Mercury / Keyone and to not have so much money lost due to the expected Whatsapp shutdown.

You can feel my long waiting-time for this device and since then I'm hanging around with my Q10 and I even start to hate OS10...

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-20-17 03:47 AM
    The impatience guys (where I belong to) is Hard to understand, these pre-buyers (paying 2 months in front) I would never understand...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 03:50 AM
    Pre order I can understand. But not pre buy. What if the price drops till release? Then you'll have paid too much

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    03-20-17 04:29 AM
114 ... 2345