I was surprised how tied into iOS I became. I have been a BlackBerry user and verbal supporter for years. One by one (like many of yours I am sure) family members began adopting iPhones and iPads. I was the lone sheep of the family. Sadly, I thought it was time to give up on BB10 and the Passport (a little test with the Priv, too) and go all in on iOS. I purchased an iPhone 7 on launch day, an iPad Pro 12.9” a few months after and picked up the Apple Watch Series 2. From the get go iMessage began to make me feel ‘stuck’ without really knowing it.

BlackBerry Mobile revealed the KeyONE and I thought “I would really love to go back to BlackBerry, but...”. The list was endless.

- How could I give up texting back from my iPad?
    - Would iMessage actually disconnect, even after going to Apple’s site and shutting it off on the device?
    - How could I give up FaceTime with mom and dad who live 8 hours away and are technologically challenged (could not introduce them to Hangouts etc...)?
    - Am I willing to sell my Apple Watch and go all in on Gear S3 or LG watches?

It wasn’t until AT&T offered the KeyONE that I seriously considered taking the plunge. Their Next program offered a low 12 month payment program and if I wasn’t happy I could return it. I ordered on launch day and should have it by Tuesday of next week. I miss the keyboard, but unlike years past I was not dependent on physical keys. I fly around the iPhone now and type faster and almost as accurate as physical keys of the past.

I plan to share my thoughts on using a KeyONE with 100% of family, friends and colleagues use iPhones. I predict I will miss iMessage and FaceTime and the integration across devices. It doesn’t help iOS 11 is debuting soon and I was running the beta, which I enjoyed.

Curious to know if any of you experienced this back and forth on taking the plunge from something you enjoyed? I didn’t hate iOS, actually rather enjoyed it. Just felt a pull back to BlackBerry with the KeyONE that I am not sure I can describe in words.

Looking forward to great dialogue here!
    09-03-17 07:56 AM
    09-03-17 07:58 AM
    Go Jake!
    I should mention JohnV and ajst22 were persistent in getting me to go KeyONE. HA.
    john_v likes this.
    09-03-17 07:59 AM
    If all goes well you are in for a serious treat.

The best phone experience i have ever had. Takes some setting up to get there though
    john_v and MarekBobakowski like this.
    09-03-17 08:57 AM
    just waiting for Verizon to decide to carry it. I'll be getting my first ever full pkb experience if they do once I decide to retire my priv
    harvestlawns and borisberry like this.
    09-03-17 10:09 AM
    To me, the only thing a k1 is, is an android phone with a pkb and amazing battery life. I've been on android since it's inception. I'd never use ios cuz of Apples closed off ecosystem. I refuse to be boxed in. So the question for you is, is it worth leaving ios for those 2 reasons? Because in all honesty, a Blackberry on android is not a Blackberry. I love this phone BTW. The pkb and battery life is what I was after.
    anon(8679041) and DatBoyHam like this.
    09-03-17 10:43 AM
    I think your biggest challenge will be communicating with the iPhone people in your life. How will you video chat with your parents? How will you group text with other iPhone users?
    I'm anti-Apple as I feel Apple doesn't play nice with others but in your case I wonder if you will feel compromised not by the KEYone but by Apple's closed system. Let us know how it goes. We have a Priv and two KEYones in our household and really like them all.
    09-03-17 10:52 AM
    Tell your family members to download BBM and you can all video chat regardless of what phone or OS anyone uses. Against Apple's house rules, but freedom of choice and cross-platform communication is a nice thing
    09-03-17 11:38 AM
    I still retain my iPhone 7 Plus for iMessage and FaceTime. You could use an iPad to do such, if necessary.
    09-03-17 12:18 PM
    I think your biggest challenge will be communicating with the iPhone people in your life. How will you video chat with your parents? How will you group text with other iPhone users?
    I'm anti-Apple as I feel Apple doesn't play nice with others but in your case I wonder if you will feel compromised not by the KEYone but by Apple's closed system. Let us know how it goes. We have a Priv and two KEYones in our household and really like them all.
    I carry my iPad which keeps me in the apple loop with my family and friends. I am heavily into apples eco system and use android for my phone so I have the best of both worlds. I didn't like any 4g android tablets the iPad is far superior.
    portplayer and FF22 like this.
    09-03-17 12:36 PM
    I still retain my iPhone 7 Plus for iMessage and FaceTime. You could use an iPad to do such, if necessary.
    I still use my windows 10 phone on wifi for things it does better than other devices. Skype, Onenote, Off line maps for example.

OP has a good strategy. No money spent and two weeks to experiment or return it if doesn't suit his needs.
    09-03-17 12:45 PM
    If you liked the Priv then you'll have similar thoughts on the KEYone. Its Android with some BlackBerry flavor.
    09-03-17 08:19 PM
    I can attest to switching off of an iPhone 7, this after I thought would be a difficult thing to give up was easier than I ever thought. My KEYone is truly amazing and I couldn't think of going back, this device takes me back to my days with the 9700, it's everything I need.
    Tim-ANC and john_v like this.
    09-03-17 08:27 PM
    I came from the iPhone 7 plus after my Priv and Passport. My iPhone is long gone. Don't miss it and communications with my iPhone people via text isn't a big deal. No issues. Love my K1.
    FF22 and portplayer like this.
    09-03-17 09:03 PM
    The one problem I had with an Apple device, let alone their best device, is the battery life is no where near as ideal as the KEYone. Great device, can't put it down.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    09-03-17 09:43 PM
    I group chat with iPhone users just like I do with android and bb10 users. I use my text app and send a group text lol
    09-03-17 11:01 PM
    Use whatsapp. Cross platform, secure, voice and video.
    JWW and cribble2k like this.
    09-04-17 12:47 AM
    Use whatsapp. Cross platform, secure, voice and video.
    LoL. Sure, Facebook is all about keeping your data "private".

Man go for open source Signal app, it won't disappoint you.
    ObiGeorge likes this.
    09-04-17 07:43 AM
    I was surprised how tied into iOS I became. I have been a BlackBerry user and verbal supporter for years. One by one (like many of yours I am sure) family members began adopting iPhones and iPads. I was the lone sheep of the family. Sadly, I thought it was time to give up on BB10 and the Passport (a little test with the Priv, too) and go all in on iOS. I purchased an iPhone 7 on launch day, an iPad Pro 12.9” a few months after and picked up the Apple Watch Series 2. From the get go iMessage began to make me feel ‘stuck’ without really knowing it.

BlackBerry Mobile revealed the KeyONE and I thought “I would really love to go back to BlackBerry, but...”. The list was endless.

- How could I give up texting back from my iPad?
    - Would iMessage actually disconnect, even after going to Apple’s site and shutting it off on the device?
    - How could I give up FaceTime with mom and dad who live 8 hours away and are technologically challenged (could not introduce them to Hangouts etc...)?
    - Am I willing to sell my Apple Watch and go all in on Gear S3 or LG watches?

It wasn’t until AT&T offered the KeyONE that I seriously considered taking the plunge. Their Next program offered a low 12 month payment program and if I wasn’t happy I could return it. I ordered on launch day and should have it by Tuesday of next week. I miss the keyboard, but unlike years past I was not dependent on physical keys. I fly around the iPhone now and type faster and almost as accurate as physical keys of the past.

I plan to share my thoughts on using a KeyONE with 100% of family, friends and colleagues use iPhones. I predict I will miss iMessage and FaceTime and the integration across devices. It doesn’t help iOS 11 is debuting soon and I was running the beta, which I enjoyed.

Curious to know if any of you experienced this back and forth on taking the plunge from something you enjoyed? I didn’t hate iOS, actually rather enjoyed it. Just felt a pull back to BlackBerry with the KeyONE that I am not sure I can describe in words.

Looking forward to great dialogue here!
    What a great topic! I really look forward to your observations, and from others here, too.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    09-04-17 08:16 AM
    facebook messenger or whatsapp video are almost as good as a facetime replacement. so I don't miss it.
    imessage I have never cared for.
    09-04-17 08:25 AM
    if you get BB hub exactly as you want it, nothing on ios will come close
    09-04-17 08:27 AM
    I love the input on this thread. Nice work, CB community!

A little more about my background...I have used BlackBerry since the Pearl lineup. Have since used a Curve, multiple Bolds, Z10, Q10, Passport and Priv. I am very familiar with physical keyboards and the benefit to BlackBerry’s email client.

I am with many of you. The hardest part will be breaking from the closed Apple system. If I had my wish, everyone would be using BlackBerry devices and BBM would be resurrected with many users. Unfortunately, this will never be the case again.

I have hundreds invested in apps with iOS. This will be difficult to find replacements at no cost, but this is part of switching OS.

I work as a Sales Manager for an organization out of Memphis ( I live in Cleveland, but travel quite a bit ). Has anyone found these or Android equivalent versions of these apps?

- Apple Wallet (LOVE having my cards and passes in one app)
    - Voxer (Use this with my fellow pastors here in Cleveland)
    - Apple TV remote (not sure they would have this but we use it for the Apple TVs in the house)

SHIPPING UPDATE:

FedEx says it should be here tomorrow by 8:00 PM EST. FedEx normally delivers early in my neighborhood. Will update everyone with each step. Thanks!
    09-04-17 09:19 AM
    you should congratulate yourself. I use apple for every device I have except phone (BlackBerry since 07) and can attest to (who can't?!) how much hell you will catch due to groupthink. As well as how good it feels knowing you're using a superior product.
    JOHNGAETANO, DolemiteDONS and FF22 like this.
    09-04-17 09:50 AM
    Keyone on att??.....hmmmmmm
    john_v likes this.
    09-04-17 10:21 AM
    I don't see it on their website
    09-04-17 10:44 AM
99 123 ...