So she paid more for a compromise device and not willing to pay less for a well situated phone?

Posted via CB10
    More importantly, his examples are people who actually follow these things and read up on these things. The average joe doesn't even know what crackberry.com is or what gsmarena is, etc... Seriously, out of everyone I told about my Barcelona trip, only one knew what MWC and crackberry.com was... I had to explain both to everyone else... Those people would have no clue how the price compares with other phones of the same specs because they wouldn't know what the specs really mean. And it's not knocking them, for most people you don't need to know those things. You simply use the phone and that's it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    03-13-17 06:10 PM
    In Canada the biggest issue is what carrier can give me the best deal or how can I negotiate with my current carrier.

The majority of consumers do not even consider the benefits of unlocked phones.

Most users have locked into either iPhone or Android. There was some leakage recently to Samsung but that trend has stopped.

The other trend is escalating carrier data and other phone charges. People are not wanting to buy a new phone if their phone is working reasonably well. The longevity of Android devices is not as strong as iPhones.

There still is a market for good well made all touch phones from a new manufacturer but it will take years for BlackBerry Mobile to succeed, if they ever do.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 08:53 PM
    More importantly, his examples are people who actually follow these things and read up on these things. The average joe doesn't even know what crackberry.com is or what gsmarena is, etc... Seriously, out of everyone I told about my Barcelona trip, only one knew what MWC and crackberry.com was... I had to explain both to everyone else... Those people would have no clue how the price compares with other phones of the same specs because they wouldn't know what the specs really mean. And it's not knocking them, for most people you don't need to know those things. You simply use the phone and that's it...

Actually no. She does not follow these things nor does she even pay attention. She didn't even know about the new device and I don't think she read any of the articles I sent her. How do I know? I asked her and she said she didn't bother with all that.

Now the other person is a different case. He works in IT so he does follow along.

And no, she did not pay more for the Samsung device. It was a newer GS something (don't know exact model) and it cost less than the old Q10. As a matter of fact, TMobile was selling brand new GS7's for like $380 in the US a couple of weeks ago.

Most people who don't know anything about BlackBerry will react the same way: "I wouldn't pay that much for such a crappy device. It's a BlackBerry!!"

That's how badly ruined the reputation is.
    03-13-17 10:12 PM
    It's an interesting insight in to what the average Joe thinks.
    Jane in that case... :-D

•   THISone, with the keys, hopefully coming soon to a phone store down unda... :-D   •
    03-13-17 11:32 PM
    Seems you have had hands on use with the KEYone. Please do elaborate further what was your conclusions..

Posted via CB10
    "Demonstrations usually involve more talking than actually using the device. Also there were plenty of devices at the event, you could totally have an in depth conversation about it without using the one in your pocket."

"We don't even know what apps were loaded on his device yet to even cause normal battery consumption."

"Also from majority of the reviews I've read, I don't recall people claiming it has 2 days battery life, The BB site itself doesn't make that claim (They use 'All day battery life')"

Which part showed a hint that he might have had "Hands on" with the KEYone?
    03-13-17 11:55 PM
    Actually no. She does not follow these things nor does she even pay attention. She didn't even know about the new device and I don't think she read any of the articles I sent her. How do I know? I asked her and she said she didn't bother with all that.

Now the other person is a different case. He works in IT so he does follow along.

And no, she did not pay more for the Samsung device. It was a newer GS something (don't know exact model) and it cost less than the old Q10. As a matter of fact, TMobile was selling brand new GS7's for like $380 in the US a couple of weeks ago.

Most people who don't know anything about BlackBerry will react the same way: "I wouldn't pay that much for such a crappy device. It's a BlackBerry!!"

That's how badly ruined the reputation is.
    Actually sorry, I read the beginning part of the quote from you and thought he/she had quoted another post...
    03-14-17 12:47 AM
    "Demonstrations usually involve more talking than actually using the device. Also there were plenty of devices at the event, you could totally have an in depth conversation about it without using the one in your pocket."

"We don't even know what apps were loaded on his device yet to even cause normal battery consumption."

"Also from majority of the reviews I've read, I don't recall people claiming it has 2 days battery life, The BB site itself doesn't make that claim (They use 'All day battery life')"

Which part showed a hint that he might have had "Hands on" with the KEYone?
    Let me translate what Rico said for you: "You haven't tried it yet but you are talking like you have."
    03-14-17 12:49 AM
    How do you know she paid more for the Samsung? I understand Samsung makes more than one model of handset.

Posted via CB10
    Well, the other side is then, she bought an old device, I'm far from the idea she bought a low range device, which costs about £300 anyway.
    03-14-17 12:53 AM
    Let me translate what Rico said for you: "You haven't tried it yet but you are talking like you have."
    Could you be his husband or wife? But thank you for the translation. Wow, I really didn't understand English when I read Rico's post.

I just understood that he - not Rico, but the other guy - stated clearly that "he had read from some reviews". Afaik, the other parts were his opinions.
    03-14-17 01:14 AM
    The average joe doesn't even know what crackberry.com is or what gsmarena is, etc... Seriously, out of everyone I told about my Barcelona trip, only one knew what MWC and crackberry.com was... I had to explain both to everyone else... Those people would have no clue how the price compares with other phones of the same specs because they wouldn't know what the specs really mean. And it's not knocking them, for most people you don't need to know those things. You simply use the phone and that's it...

You just explained EVERYONE I know.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-14-17 01:15 AM
    Every time I try to explain my new electronic wonder, be it raspberry pi, moto 360, KEYone, PassPort.... their eyes glaze over, and I know I've lost them.... oh well. One just needs to say, " it works great, and its the best ive ever used!"
    03-14-17 01:24 AM
    All of them have moved away? Really? Can you source that? I wonder where that over 20% market share number for BES/Good comes from then?
    you know, MDM/EMM is absolutely separate from handsets?
    03-14-17 05:33 AM
    Could you be his husband or wife? But thank you for the translation. Wow, I really didn't understand English when I read Rico's post.

I just understood that he - not Rico, but the other guy - stated clearly that "he had read from some reviews". Afaik, the other parts were his opinions.
    If you read the complete thread you would understand. Especially last response. All in English just read it all.
    03-14-17 06:00 AM
    Which statement did I make that implies I've used the device?....
    Last edited by bendiep1991; 03-14-17 at 07:42 AM.
    03-14-17 06:10 AM
    you know, MDM/EMM is absolutely separate from handsets?
    Exactly. BES and associated products can manage iPhones and Androids too.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 06:21 AM
    And because Apple has the best specs right? Those sales people who would always push for Samsungs and Apples will do so even if the KEYone had top-end specs...
    I have bought several iPhones, iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 6s Plus, and now 7. I don't keep buying them for specs. I buy them because they work. I could care less what processors they have in them. Though I do think it's an A9 or A10? Point is, majority of people don't care. They either like Apple or Samsung/other Android devices. I'll more than likely buy the KeyOne if/when it gets released on Verizon and sell my Priv at that point. While still enjoying my iPhone for my personal device.
    03-14-17 11:08 AM
    I would go this a step further. Phones are not even a topic of discussion any more. Perhaps the only discussion you might hear is whether to get a 7 or a 7 plus.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 12:27 PM
    I have bought several iPhones, iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 6s Plus, and now 7. I don't keep buying them for specs. I buy them because they work. I could care less what processors they have in them. Though I do think it's an A9 or A10? Point is, majority of people don't care. They either like Apple or Samsung/other Android devices. I'll more than likely buy the KeyOne if/when it gets released on Verizon and sell my Priv at that point. While still enjoying my iPhone for my personal device.
    My point exactly.

03-14-17 12:32 PM
    I would go this a step further. Phones are not even a topic of discussion any more. Perhaps the only discussion you might hear is whether to get a 7 or a 7 plus.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much...

03-14-17 12:32 PM
    I see that CrackBerry is going all in for the KEYone. This is a great idea. Both CrackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile have a vested interest in seeing this device succeed.

I would be hoping for a push , pull or drag in sale to speed up the conversion from legacy BlackBerry devices to the KEYone. A price point sloting just below the 6S, is fine with me.

I have heard stories here where the PRIV was not allowed on corporate networks but other Android phones were. If correct, BlackBerry needs to deal with this issue.
    03-14-17 01:07 PM
    If the KEYONE is turned to landscape mode, will it have a VKB available? I'm not looking for one persay, but was curious about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 01:32 PM
    If the KEYONE is turned to landscape mode, will it have a VKB available? I'm not looking for one persay, but was curious about it.

Posted via CB10
    I think the option for a vkb is there. Not sure what the parameters are to get it to show, if you need to turn a setting on or if there will be an icon for it or whatever.

03-14-17 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is for the Priv. As the Keyone is an android phone, I don't see how this would be any different.

On the Priv, if the keyboard is open and you turn to landscape, the vkb does not appear. But it will appear if you close the slider.
    03-14-17 02:15 PM
    It is for the Priv. As the Keyone is an android phone, I don't see how this would be any different.

On the Priv, if the keyboard is open and you turn to landscape, the vkb does not appear. But it will appear if you close the slider.
    On the priv, you can opt the show the vkb even with the slider open.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 02:13 AM
    I think if a "normal" person went from an S7 to a KEYone they would say, this doesn't feel as fast as my last phone. Or, why isn't this water proof?
    03-15-17 07:59 AM
204 ... 6789