I have been a dedicated BlackBerry user for more than a decade and the company would have a hard time finding someone more supportive than me for the company and their products but now I have a sense that BlackBerry has abandoned me over the K1.

I have one that I got in the first week and the screen hasn't popped off so I'm not complaining about that but what I am complaining about is that BlackBerry has lost it's mojo producing a usable business phone to the point that I'm downright embarrassed to use this phone for business uses to the secondary point of happily flushing the $599 down the toilet if it can't be fixed.

My gripes are institutional with BB, the phone manufacturer and Crackberry. No one is in charge of any aspect of fixing the phone except the screen issue. There is no definitive support Go To from any of those sources and to think I purchased, as a decades plus user of BB, their top of the line phone only to realize that perhaps all they wanted was my money and customer service and product support were never the goal.

In detail the problems are: 1. No Android Pay that has ever worked on my phone. There's no fix coming and no announcement here by BlackBerry how when this will be fixed. Rumors of a fix by Jul 15 were rumors unsupported by reality.

2.Bluetooth connectivity is horrible and much worse than on my Passport. I drop calls with my earpiece and in my car even when the phone is on the passenger front seat. This is nothing short of inexcusable and unacceptable on a new product or a premium one. Sadly, no one is in charge of pushing out a fix with anything resembling speed.

3. The reception is horrible. Dropped calls are now the new norm or so it seems. Problems that didn't exist with my Passport now disrupt the productivity of my day. There's no known fix in the works that I've read about.

There are many things about the K1 that I like however the problems easily overshadow the positive features of this phone to the point that business relationships are affected. Surely that isn't goal and the goal should be that the phone is a tool to facilitate business needs and not be an impediment. When the tool that's supposed to help your business becomes the focus, that's not good and yet, BlackBerry seems not to care to the point of implementing quick remedies.

So today, I'm tired of thinking that my beloved BlackBerry is actually going to make the K1 right and get it fixed. I truly don't think they have the mojo or horsepower to do it since their focus is elsewhere.

I see many things on this forum tasting the new products BlackBerry and is rolling it and to that I say - STOP introducing things when you can't get the things you just sold us to work right. The BlackBerry community has kept the porch light on for BlackBerry for years and my light is a lot dimmer than it used to be.

Blackberry, TCL and Crackberry - do what you know is right by every single BlackBerry user. The complaints are valid and you alone can fix them. Do so.
    07-24-17 10:33 PM
    Sorry to hear about your issues, however, to tell the truth, I've had my KEYone since June 1st and never had any problems with reception, Android Pay or Bluetooth connectivity. Support with BlackBerry Mobile is questionable, so that I can agree with. I am on Rogers Wireless in Alberta and haven't experienced any dropped calls at all. Hope that you can get the stuff worked out in the near future.
    wombatrider likes this.
    07-24-17 11:17 PM
    Not experienced those issues during the nearly two months I've had my device. I rock mine naked (and without case). :-) Just wondering if perhaps you have your's in a case, and that could be a factor with cell reception/BT/NFC?
    07-24-17 11:29 PM
    I haven't had the issues you have had, but I do agree with alot you state. While I enjoy my Keyone, it doesnt compare to the 3 year old Passport in quality. But with BBOS essentially being dead, we must move on.
    07-24-17 11:39 PM
    I have been a dedicated BlackBerry user for more than a decade and the company would have a hard time finding someone more supportive than me for the company and their products but now I have a sense that BlackBerry has abandoned me over the K1.

I have one that I got in the first week and the screen hasn't popped off so I'm not complaining about that but what I am complaining about is that BlackBerry has lost it's mojo producing a usable business phone to the point that I'm downright embarrassed to use this phone for business uses to the secondary point of happily flushing the $599 down the toilet if it can't be fixed.

My gripes are institutional with BB, the phone manufacturer and Crackberry. No one is in charge of any aspect of fixing the phone except the screen issue. There is no definitive support Go To from any of those sources and to think I purchased, as a decades plus user of BB, their top of the line phone only to realize that perhaps all they wanted was my money and customer service and product support were never the goal.

In detail the problems are: 1. No Android Pay that has ever worked on my phone. There's no fix coming and no announcement here by BlackBerry how when this will be fixed. Rumors of a fix by Jul 15 were rumors unsupported by reality.

2.Bluetooth connectivity is horrible and much worse than on my Passport. I drop calls with my earpiece and in my car even when the phone is on the passenger front seat. This is nothing short of inexcusable and unacceptable on a new product or a premium one. Sadly, no one is in charge of pushing out a fix with anything resembling speed.

3. The reception is horrible. Dropped calls are now the new norm or so it seems. Problems that didn't exist with my Passport now disrupt the productivity of my day. There's no known fix in the works that I've read about.

There are many things about the K1 that I like however the problems easily overshadow the positive features of this phone to the point that business relationships are affected. Surely that isn't goal and the goal should be that the phone is a tool to facilitate business needs and not be an impediment. When the tool that's supposed to help your business becomes the focus, that's not good and yet, BlackBerry seems not to care to the point of implementing quick remedies.

So today, I'm tired of thinking that my beloved BlackBerry is actually going to make the K1 right and get it fixed. I truly don't think they have the mojo or horsepower to do it since their focus is elsewhere.

I see many things on this forum tasting the new products BlackBerry and is rolling it and to that I say - STOP introducing things when you can't get the things you just sold us to work right. The BlackBerry community has kept the porch light on for BlackBerry for years and my light is a lot dimmer than it used to be.

Blackberry, TCL and Crackberry - do what you know is right by every single BlackBerry user. The complaints are valid and you alone can fix them. Do so.
    No issues here but isn't reception a network issue? No issue with reception and always gotten Crystal clear calling!
    07-25-17 04:39 AM
    No issues here but isn't reception a network issue? No issue with reception and always gotten Crystal clear calling!
    Maybe it's this inconsistency of quality that makes customers get angry and potential customers think about it twice whether to purchase one or not. I do think twice now, you never know what experience you get with BlackBerry.

Same with OS10.3.3.xxxx

Some are having great experience, but my Z30 doesn't like it at all. Should have stuck with 10.3.2.

Options I have now as a customer:

- Buy the KEYone and hope that it's okay (call quality, screen issues, reception issues)

-Buy and iPhone as I don't trust other Android devices, never mind Android is weird anyway. I don't want a wall-hugger phone though so option number 3:

- get the new Nokia 3310 and save money and get my eyes off the screen again.

07-25-17 05:29 AM