Hi All!

Having an impromptu CrackBerry Meetup tonight in Toronto, and seems like we'll have a couple hundred CrackBerry fans coming out over the course of the evening to see and try out the KEYone.

Just setting up one of the phones so it'll offer a nice "Demo" experience.

Just wondering what are the apps you'd want to see / things you'd want to test out on the phone if you only had two minutes to play with the KEYone??

I'm thinking for most it would be typing on the keyboard (maybe use notes app for ease), trying out the camera, and maybe using web browser so you can do some scrolling on the keyboard, etc. Plus general navigating around to get a sense of the speed, size of screen, etc.

But what else would be the must do things you'd want to see/try if you just have two minutes to first experience the phone hands on?

Thanks!

Kevin
    03-04-17 08:50 AM
    I see lot of feedback here people want to see the camera when they using apps like snapchat , instagram etc is the camera good?
    CrackBerry Kevin and Kaizerin like this.
    03-04-17 09:17 AM
    Hi All!

Having an impromptu CrackBerry Meetup tonight in Toronto, and seems like we'll have a couple hundred CrackBerry fans coming out over the course of the evening to see and try out the KEYone.

Just wondering what are the apps you'd want to see / things you'd want to test out on the phone if you only had two minutes to play with the KEYone??

I'm thinking for most it would be typing on the keyboard (maybe use notes app for ease), trying out the camera, and maybe using web browser so you can do some scrolling on the keyboard, etc. Plus general navigating around to get a sense of the speed, size of screen, etc.

But what else would be the must do things you'd want to see/try if you just have two minutes to first experience the phone hands on?

Thanks!

Kevin
    Quite honestly my most used and most important app on my Passport is Maps, which I love. I don't need fancy maps, just accurate and timely voice by voice directions, so the first app I would try out if I were there would be what ever GPS apps are available on the KEYone, I'm assuming it would be Google Maps. I'm also guessing the PKB would operate similarly to my PP's so no rush in trying that out.

Would love to have been able to join you guys tonight but a family thing beat the get-together to it.

Have fun!
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    03-04-17 09:17 AM
    For me it would be the keyboard first, so being able to blast through some test texting would be awesome. I would also load up the big name apps like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook so people who aren't aware of the Android OS can see how awesome they run.

Maybe show how awesome voice to text is and Google now is on the Mercury as well. Love the feature and it works great and easily.
    03-04-17 09:20 AM
    Keyboard, and not much matters after that....
    03-04-17 09:27 AM
    03-04-17 09:29 AM
    Mozilla Browser,
    VLC with a MKV file format Anime episode that has subtitles, HD so I can see how bad the letterboxing is.
    03-04-17 09:51 AM
    Since I know how Android phones work, and the Keyone's special thing is the keyboard, yeah, I'd spend all the time trying it out.
    03-04-17 09:52 AM
    Sadly I am not attending the meeting/excuse to have some drinks since I don't live in Canada but I see several threads/posts about flicking words using the keyboard, seems to be a concern around here about pressing the capacitive keys at the top by accident...

Hi All!

Thanks!

Kevin
    03-04-17 09:52 AM
    From all the descriptions I've read, how does the K1 KB differ from the PP KB outside of having the extra rows? It seems they both do the same job to me. Having said that, I barely use the PP's KB to its full capacity as it is so I'm more interested in other aspects of the new device.
    03-04-17 10:01 AM
    Heard Some negative things about the backlight. Make sure to take a bunch of photos for us. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 10:07 AM
    Sadly I am not attending the meeting/excuse to have some drinks since I don't live in Canada but I see several threads/posts about flicking words using the keyboard, seems to be a concern around here about pressing the capacitive keys at the top by accident...
    Reports from Barcelona said that flicking words wasn't actually functional on pre-production units, even though the words themselves are visible in some hands-on videos.
    03-04-17 10:16 AM
    Camera. Keyboard. General snappiness.
    03-04-17 10:18 AM
    I know but my comment was under the assumption that CBK has an unit with an updated software...

Reports from Barcelona said that flicking words wasn't actually functional on pre-production units, even though the words themselves are visible in some hands-on videos.
    03-04-17 10:19 AM
    Keyboard always comes first, typing experience makes a BlackBerry device.
    And then I want to see how the screen real estate would feel like. I will be moving from a Passport, so that's one of the big differences to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 10:24 AM
    Split screen, typing a message while watching YouTube vjdeo
    03-04-17 10:35 AM
    Backlight isn't a negative thing. The units out there right now (at MWC and the ones i have) are still pre-final production run. On some units the keyboard backlighting is a little dimmer in the center.

Will be fixed on final production runs.
    03-04-17 10:57 AM
    Thanks for the quick feedback all!
    03-04-17 10:58 AM
    Typing comfort/accuracy on the pkb will make or break this handset.
    03-04-17 12:39 PM
    Kevin quite a few threads on sound quality and if it has stereo. Played Ytube video at launch it was loud considering all noise background but no way to check stereo. Lucky folks you will have a great time with KEYones!
    03-04-17 12:58 PM
    Put Goat Simulator on it... want to try to tax the GPU a bit.
    03-04-17 01:08 PM
    Mozilla Browser,
    VLC with a MKV file format Anime episode that has subtitles, HD so I can see how bad the letterboxing is.
    I think for letterboxing you can get a feel with the Surface at a Microsoft Store. It's the same 3:2 aspect ratio on a Surface, just smaller.
    03-04-17 01:09 PM
    Speakers! Music.
    Ideally a FLAC compatible music player (think the stock Google one already does) and put Paul Desmond's Take Five on it. Good test for accuracy.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-04-17 01:12 PM
    Kevin quite a few threads on sound quality and if it has stereo. Played Ytube video at launch it was loud considering all noise background but no way to check stereo. Lucky folks you will have a great time with KEYones!
    And more specifically, where are the left and right multi-media speakers located?
    03-04-17 01:23 PM
    Mozilla Browser,
    I never had any problem with letter boxing when watching videos with VLC Player on my Q5 and I don't expect to with the K1. You can just zoom in a bit to use the full height of the screen.
    03-04-17 01:29 PM
107 123 ...