Seeing as people are commenting on a lack of posts about the meetup, here's you go.

I've already mentioned the keyboard, imo, is mostly like the p9983. Soooooo ask away.
    03-24-17 07:34 AM
    Is the KEYone worth it?
    03-24-17 07:37 AM
    What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Jane23, sonicpix, yessuz and 4 others like this.
    03-24-17 07:39 AM
    Your thoughts compared to Passport? I still love my PP, great screen for watching movies, work wide etc, but generally mediocre at best with Google apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 07:40 AM
    Thoughts on ergonomics and screen size of the device? I.E. Too top heavy? Best one-handed or two-? Screen size too small for modern Android or is it in the Goldilocks zone? Is it enough screen space for two apps top-and-bottom or does it feel cramped?

I am a small(-ish) phone user myself because I have a lot of joint pain in my thumbs from being an old gamer, so I am wondering if I should be getting this phone or something more like the G5 Plus or Pixel. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    03-24-17 07:44 AM
    Yes, please. Let we know your deep impression about keyboard...i think it will be the most important thing...
    03-24-17 08:12 AM
    It felt amazing. Way better than the priv since the priv is massive when extended. Also the curved edges on the bottom felt nice.
    The overall weight of the phone felt good. I would rock it without a case (after a month or 2 with a case on).
    Keys felt passport-like interms of how the pressed. Smaller obviously, but I thought the og passport was too big.

I noticed the on screen txt was smaller than the priv side by side a bit (smaller screen and wanting to fit more on it I guess). Not horrible. I think I liked the priv screen a bit more.
    But overall, loved it. The phone also felt faster than the priv when mutiple apps were opened. Google maps is a beast on the priv, but seemed smooth when many apps were opened on the keyone. Also the back of the phone was cold to the touch, which almost felt weird since im so used to phones being hot. I think the processor choice was the right here. Its faster than the priv, maybe not by miles... but certainly noticeably so.

Everyone I talked too said it sipped battery, ie it didnt even drain much on the demo devices during the event. My priv wont make a work day without a charge at this point.
    03-24-17 08:27 AM
    Is the KEYone worth it?
    Yes.
    03-24-17 08:27 AM
    Is the feeling like holding/using passport?
    Compare to priv, which one feeling better?

Posted from  Passport :Red Edition
    03-24-17 08:35 AM
    Your thoughts compared to Passport? I still love my PP, great screen for watching movies, work wide etc, but generally mediocre at best with Google apps.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's better than the passport as an edc phone. Passport is preferred for watching stuff at home.
    03-24-17 08:38 AM
    Thoughts on ergonomics and screen size of the device? I.E. Too top heavy? Best one-handed or two-? Screen size too small for modern Android or is it in the Goldilocks zone? Is it enough screen space for two apps top-and-bottom or does it feel cramped?

I am a small(-ish) phone user myself because I have a lot of joint pain in my thumbs from being an old gamer, so I am wondering if I should be getting this phone or something more like the G5 Plus or Pixel. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Very good ergonomics. Great overall size.
    03-24-17 08:39 AM
    Yes, please. Let we know your deep impression about keyboard...i think it will be the most important thing...
    I gave it. It's like the p9983.
    03-24-17 08:40 AM
    Yes...I was there as well.
    03-24-17 08:53 AM
    It felt amazing. Way better than the priv since the priv is massive when extended. Also the curved edges on the bottom felt nice.
    The overall weight of the phone felt good. I would rock it without a case (after a month or 2 with a case on).
    Keys felt passport-like interms of how the pressed. Smaller obviously, but I thought the og passport was too big.

I noticed the on screen txt was smaller than the priv side by side a bit (smaller screen and wanting to fit more on it I guess). Not horrible. I think I liked the priv screen a bit more.
    But overall, loved it. The phone also felt faster than the priv when mutiple apps were opened. Google maps is a beast on the priv, but seemed smooth when many apps were opened on the keyone. Also the back of the phone was cold to the touch, which almost felt weird since im so used to phones being hot. I think the processor choice was the right here. Its faster than the priv, maybe not by miles... but certainly noticeably so.

Everyone I talked too said it sipped battery, ie it didnt even drain much on the demo devices during the event. My priv wont make a work day without a charge at this point.
    But the screen text size can be adjusted, like other phones, right? That shouldn't be an issue.
    03-24-17 08:57 AM
    I was referring to the icons and txt for icons. Im guessing at default. Im sure the system font can be changed if android supports that? I tend to leave those settings untouched.
    03-24-17 09:25 AM

African or European?
    Attached Thumbnails I was at the NYC meetup with the KEYone, ask me questions!-161631.jpg  
    03-24-17 09:35 AM
    African or European?
    What? I don't know... aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Arabianhorse and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-24-17 11:03 AM
    Love that movie!
    I have a z10 now and anxiously awaiting the KEYone, have you used a z10 before and if so is it a big jump size wise to the KEYone? I like to keep the phone in my pocket...also I assume it still has the 3 changeable shortcuts when you swipe up on the home button?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 11:04 AM
    Did you try some photos? What was your impression compared to Priv? I know you commented on size compared to Priv i.e. liked it better as better balanced, but does it still feel a bit cumbersome? I tried the Priv when it first came out and found it way too big. Sometimes a wee bit smaller makes all the difference. Thanks for posting all your comments!
    03-24-17 11:44 AM
    Let's get back to keyboards, please. Saw the 'P9983 mention, but I am more familiar with the Classic. So I can see from photos that the KEYone has squared-off keys like the 'P9983, not as curved as the Classic's, but can you speak to how the KB feels otherwise to the Classic's? Is it as easy to type with two thumbs on the KEYone as on the Classic, which I find doable, or is it too cramped for that? As another reference, I find the Priv's KB is too cramped for thumb use. Thanks fin advance for anything you can share on this point.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 11:55 AM
    Of course it depends on the species, but for a unladen European swallow I'd say it's about 10 meters per second (about 22 mph or 36 kph).
    03-24-17 12:00 PM
    How video is displayed?

For example:
    1) regular proportion screen will be 100% covered by video on landscape mode.
    2) passport has wide black stripes in top and bottom.
    3) Keyone????

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 12:01 PM
    Let's get back to keyboards, please. Saw the 'P9983 mention, but I am more familiar with the Classic. So I can see from photos that the KEYone has squared-off keys like the 'P9983, not as curved as the Classic's, but can you speak to how the KB feels otherwise to the Classic's? Is it as easy to type with two thumbs on the KEYone as on the Classic, which I find doable, or is it too cramped for that? As another reference, I find the Priv's KB is too cramped for thumb use. Thanks fin advance for anything you can share on this point.
    The KEYone keyboard is the same width as the Classic's, but it's not a high, about the same height as the PRIV keyboard. The keys themselves extend out further than the PRIV's.
    03-24-17 12:09 PM
    Stuck with DTEK60. Want a keyboard phone badly, which you would prefer Passport or KEYone? .. As for Priv, I have It but I dont like the kryboard...
    03-24-17 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    From my experience as I was also there, let me put it like this. On the passport, you can easily type with your thumbpads without much difficulty. On the priv, the keys although small are spaced out ever so slightly so that typing isn't that bad. It has a mushy feel to it that many disapprove of. However, the KEYone's keys are a little less clicky that the classic's(which I loved). It appears they are about 20-30% smaller than the classic's as well. This is my only complaint. Otherwise, the phone for most should be doable. I just wish they could have ported over the classic's keyboard. Then, I would be ordering it first day it's out. Now I have to try it out again when carriers get a hold of it. Hope this helps. !

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-24-17 12:32 PM
101 123 ...