Granted the name kinda sucks... the phone itself is awesome looking, and the specs and price don't bother me. Yes I understand that there are phones for less that on paper seem to offer more in terms of specs. But I for one am willing to pay little more for build quality (all of MY bb's have always been solid), user experience, style and some exclusiveness.

My car is a perfect example, I drive a bmw... there are certainly less expensive options that offer higher levels of standard equipment. But in the end, they don't deliver what's ultimately important to me.

Value is not simply defined by price, If those extra qualities were not important to me, I'd drive a Honda civic and I'd be one the millions who sign with a carrier for a free phone.

on the road with my BlackBerry
    Last edited by David Theado; 02-26-17 at 07:11 AM.
    ominaxe, kitmo and j21jam6 like this.
    02-26-17 06:57 AM
    I think you need to understand that people find "VALUE" in different things. Glad you are so thrilled with the new phone! Hope you enjoy!
    anon(10101748) and Ed YANG like this.
    02-26-17 07:03 AM
    Some people fall in love just too easy :-)
    02-26-17 07:07 AM
    I think you need to understand that people find "VALUE" in different things. Glad you are so thrilled with the new phone! Hope you enjoy!
    Exactly my point, just because it may not meet someone else's definition of value doesn't mean they need to just completely bash it. Thanks!
    02-26-17 07:10 AM
    Some people fall in love just too easy :-)
    Actually it's more like lust..lol. That design is fantastic
    02-26-17 07:15 AM
    I agree :-)
    02-26-17 07:16 AM
    As a design object is quite outstanding, very industrial and sleek and reminds me of the designs of Dieter Rams for Braun. As a phone, looks promising. I enjoy the pkb and flicking on my Passport so the KEYone looks like a logical replacement. Hope the battery life is great too.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    02-26-17 07:35 AM
    Keyone name is an improvement over Dtek, Q, or Z. Actually says something about phone. Easy to remember. Points out its distinguishing feature.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 07:37 AM
    As a phone, looks promising. I enjoy the pkb and flicking on my Passport so the KEYone looks like a logical replacement. Hope the battery life is great too.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    This ^^^ still love my passport, I also have the Priv, which has been solid but never quite measured up. I chalk it up to it being bb's first Android

02-26-17 07:45 AM
    The battery life is gonna be killer.

Good post, OP.
    02-26-17 08:19 AM
    Simply put...there are other things that have value in life beyond specs vs price. I thought the use of the piano and violin in the short marketing piece from the presentation was extremely powerful. It spoke to the joy, the elegance, the beauty, the precision....of using a tactile device. No matter what specs you have on a pkb device, that is spot on in terms of where the marketing emphasis should be.
    Last edited by kputock; 02-26-17 at 09:07 AM.
    02-26-17 08:33 AM
    Fully agree. Lexus may be more reliable overall as a brand but BMW give the driving pleasure. Or iPhone with well done apps also are great with quality build but blackberry is on top in terms of getting things done with efficiency. Plus security better battery and better price than iPhone. Keyone in April is the only disappointment. Look at Apple they launch you can preorder in a week and delivery in a week. Blackberry Mobile should do preorder now with a bonus and delivers and charges in April. This may offsets some complaints about pricing.
    02-26-17 08:51 AM
    Fully agree. Lexus may be more reliable overall as a brand but BMW give the driving pleasure. Or iPhone with well done apps also are great with quality build but blackberry is on top in terms of getting things done with efficiency. Plus security better battery and better price than iPhone. Keyone in April is the only disappointment. Look at Apple they launch you can preorder in a week and delivery in a week. Blackberry Mobile should do preorder now with a bonus and delivers and charges in April. This may offsets some complaints about pricing.
    I do agree they could have done better with availability / launch... it's not like they didn't have enough time to plan it. That said given that's it's likely just going to primarily be a direct from manufacturer purchase, atleast here in the US, vs carrier, that small delay probably won't matter much.
    02-26-17 09:42 PM
    I do agree they could have done better with availability / launch... it's not like they didn't have enough time to plan it. That said given that's it's likely just going to primarily be a direct from manufacturer purchase, atleast here in the US, vs carrier, that small delay probably won't matter much.
    They've had a little more than two months since they signed the deal with BlackBerry to bring this all together. That's actually quite an accomplishment.
    02-26-17 09:50 PM
    They've had a little more than two months since they signed the deal with BlackBerry to bring this all together. That's actually quite an accomplishment.
    Fair enough... either way Im excited for the phone.. Can't wait to get it
    02-26-17 09:52 PM
    I really enjoyed the presentation. I thought that the intro video was slick, and identified the people/groups in the projected market share appropriate to the keyone. I also thought that the speeches were in tune with the potential users, no fuss, brief, but with sufficient info to be informative, professional and gimmick free.

A gimmick free presentation for a gimmick free device that just gets on with the job it's intended for .....
    02-26-17 10:48 PM
    i couldn't careless about the name. Many reviews say the phone is pretty zippy with the processor. I still use and love my Classic and that's a three yr. old phone. I'm really looking forward to getting a KEYone. It's exactly what I wanted, a blackberry keyboard with Android apps.
    02-26-17 11:01 PM
    Granted the name kinda sucks... the phone itself is awesome looking, and the specs and price don't bother me. Yes I understand that there are phones for less that on paper seem to offer more in terms of specs. But I for one am willing to pay little more for build quality (all of MY bb's have always been solid), user experience, style and some exclusiveness.

My car is a perfect example, I drive a bmw... there are certainly less expensive options that offer higher levels of standard equipment. But in the end, they don't deliver what's ultimately important to me.

Value is not simply defined by price, If those extra qualities were not important to me, I'd drive a Honda civic and I'd be one the millions who sign with a carrier for a free phone.

You sound extremely lucky! Build quality has been really poor from BlackBerry in my experience!
    02-26-17 11:26 PM
    You sound extremely lucky! Build quality has been really poor from BlackBerry in my experience!
    Goodness, i can't imagine a bb with poor build quality! I've still got the flip, 9700, classic and priv and each one of them is perfectly usable. In fact, i used my 9700 for 6 years!!!

Build quality is excellent imo and usage ....
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-26-17 11:30 PM
    I really enjoyed the presentation. I thought that the intro video was slick, and identified the people/groups in the projected market share appropriate to the keyone. I also thought that the speeches were in tune with the potential users, no fuss, brief, but with sufficient info to be informative, professional and gimmick free.

A gimmick free presentation for a gimmick free device that just gets on with the job it's intended for .....
    The name is kinda growing on merchandise I'm with you. I thought the presentation was done well. Although there are many in the forums complaining about that too. Some people are never happy
    02-26-17 11:37 PM
    All indications are that the build quality on the KEYone is very good, just as it is with the DTEKs from TCL.
    02-26-17 11:39 PM
    Goodness, i can't imagine a bb with poor build quality! I've still got the flip, 9700, classic and priv and each one of them is perfectly usable. In fact, i used my 9700 for 6 years!!!

Build quality is excellent imo and usage ....
    To be honest I just summed up my experience! The Q10 and PRIV were the only models I had problems with build quality! Every other handset i've had from them has been ace from the first handset I received.
    02-26-17 11:55 PM
    Don't know, I've been a BlackBerry user since the early 2000's right through to blackberry 10 devices. In terms of build quality can't think of a single issue of any that I've had. Actually I still have most of them in a drawer at home. I would say only the Priv is questionable in the sense that it doesn't seem as durable. Im always scared it won't survive a drop. I'm sure that's due to it being two pieces, but even then I haven't actually had any issues with it.
    02-27-17 01:30 AM
    I also love this phone. The price isn't even that bad when you compare it to the likes of apple and samsung. I was looking at getting the s8 but now I'm definitely getting the keyone, hopefully Rogers carries it. Can't wait.

It's sad to see so many people complain because there cheap, or didn't get there way, you'd thi k we were pre-school children the way people wine here. These are decent specs for $549. Not sure what the problem is lol.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    02-27-17 02:28 AM

BMW has its own machine research and development. If KeyOne had its own BB designed chip and BB10.5 or even BB11 with e.g. Android Runtime 7.1 . The price tag could be justifiable. Even then, people should somehow know that Blackberry phones still exist. Not that easy task.
    02-27-17 06:49 AM