- 02-23-17, 05:49 AM #51
I'm looking at buying a DTEK60 or Mercury. I absolutely hate the DTEK name with a passion, but the spec is fair for the asking price.
I wonder if the Mercury will carry the DTEK name or it'll get a nicer, more consumer-friendly name?
Either way, £349 is about as much as I'm willing to drop on this phone. I was prepared to spend more but having seen the overall design, I don't think it's a pretty phone, but I'm willing to overlook that if the price is right.
- 02-23-17, 07:27 AM #54
This is a mid-range Spandragon 625 phone. First ever keyboard phone by TCL which is basically a prototype in terms of phone manufacturers.
I will first deeply inspect the reviews, especially the pkb quality, suspected thickness issue, speaker and loudspeaker loudness & quality, microphone quality (noise reduction), speed of the CPU (crucial for any real heavy smartphone user) and of course the battery. In terms of software, BlackBerry's hub is still not good enough: too slow, not enough shortcuts, not intuitive and lacks a lot of tuning. But it will improve.
Also would like to know if Mercury will get Android 8.0 Oreo sometime in the future.
Won't pay a cent over $450 USD, probably will have to wait until price drops (it will obviously, pretty fast).
My guess it will launch at $599 USD.
- 02-23-17, 01:57 PM #57
DTEK60 is far better than the 50 but it's £475 (i think, not got price to hand). The Mercury will bomb if it's priced higher than the DTEK60 imho.
- CrackBerry User
02-23-17, 08:14 PM #60
- 27 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Last edited by lasoiveille; 02-23-17 at 08:16 PM. Reason: clarity
- By ratfinkstooley in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 15Last Post: 02-21-17, 10:16 PM
- By Roveer in forum BlackBerry KEYoneReplies: 14Last Post: 02-18-17, 01:09 PM
- By Peterrrrr1 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 4Last Post: 02-18-17, 09:46 AM
- By reecejames in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-17-17, 05:34 PM
- By Graham Ireland in forum BlackBerry 7Replies: 2Last Post: 02-17-17, 04:43 PM