Since we found out recently that John Chen's stated he will be releasing two Mid Range phones this year. One a full touch device and the other with a qwerty keyboard. Both running Android of course. How many of you are down to either one of this?
    It's probably going to be around $400 though.

Posted via Z30
    04-09-16 11:36 AM
    Looking forward to that! I wonder what would those phones will look like, especially the one with the physical keyboard. Priv's the best one I've seen but it's kinda expensive!
    04-09-16 12:47 PM
    I am. I'll go for the keyboard variety. I understand that's the one that will be the higher end one. I have a Q10 and its doing well for over 2 years old, but I know it won't last forever...and the new will not be an Apple product. All this is out the window if they put out a new BB10 keyboard phone--that would be my preference.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    04-09-16 12:50 PM
    Definitely looking forward to at least one of these devices (the physical keyboard). I passed on getting a Priv because I figured there would be a mid range device dropped later this year. The priv's price was also a turn off. Should be interesting to see both these devices and what they will be capable of doing

#PoundingKeysOnAClassic

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    04-09-16 12:53 PM
    Looking forward to that! I wonder what would those phones will look like, especially the one with the physical keyboard. Priv's the best one I've seen but it's kinda expensive!
    Good pick. #LongLiveThePhysicalKeyboard btw this is how it's going to look like. Google BlackBerry Vienna to view some more pics.

How many of you are looking forward to the Mid-Range phones releasing this year?-blackberry-vienna-android.jpg

Posted via Z30
    bbafdad likes this.
    04-09-16 01:33 PM
    Since I use a phone for talk, text and email only, count me in!
    04-09-16 02:57 PM
    NOPE.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10
    04-09-16 03:00 PM
    I'm excited for it I like the Priv but I like having my keyboard out front and center so I will be getting me one as soon as it's available!

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-09-16 05:49 PM
    Excited to see new handsets on the horizon but then as always, this is BlackBerry. If they consider the PRIV to be a premium device and the Classic a flagship... I am almost afraid to see how they interpret "mid-range".

Posted via CB PRIV.
    04-09-16 07:43 PM
    Can't wait for the pkb device (Rome?). Looking to replace my Q10 but don't want an all touch phone. I also hope it'll be more affordable than the Priv otherwise I'll have to get some other android phone even though I'm quite reluctant to do so.

Posted via CB10
    PALoeza likes this.
    04-09-16 07:58 PM
    Excited to see new handsets on the horizon but then as always, this is BlackBerry. If they consider the PRIV to be a premium device and the Classic a flagship... I am almost afraid to see how they interpret "mid-range".

Posted via CB PRIV.
    Their mid-range will look like the Z10. Predominantly plastic build with huge bezels and outdated specs.
    04-09-16 08:14 PM
    They will be android, so, I won't be.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:27 PM
    Good pick. #LongLiveThePhysicalKeyboard btw this is how it's going to look like. Google BlackBerry Vienna to view some more pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-vienna-android.jpg 
Views:	3076 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	396600

Posted via Z30
    I sure hope not. Those are not very nice looking. As it is the current format of 16x9 are too long.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:28 PM
    Unfortunately I know I'm going to have to leave bb10 in the future so hopefully these pkb phones (no f*cking slider ughhh) can meet my needs.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-09-16 08:38 PM
    I hear ya a Android mid range with a BlackBerry logo on it Wow where do we line up .
    04-10-16 05:50 AM
    Only a few people want the PKB. Gladly one device will be an ALL touch. The PKB model should be produced is low as possible numbers as feasible (limited edition) at it's for a very small niche..
    phuoc likes this.
    04-10-16 07:23 AM
    Only a few people want the PKB. Gladly one device will be an ALL touch. The PKB model should be produced is low as possible numbers as feasible (limited edition) at it's for a very small niche..
    Actually, I would say a good number of people would want a PKB but the problem has been on BlackBerry's part, that being they always release it with lackluster specs. Since the move to BlackBerry 10, none of the PKB devices have been powerhouses, they've always been watered down. Q5, Q10, Classic... Nothing to write home about.

I've been desperately waiting for BlackBerry to do their iconic flagship device RIGHT and they've failed at every step. Now they're, AGAIN, going to release a mid-range? Talk about disappointing. Seems like no one has learned anything from the past.

Long live the BlackBerry Bold 9900 series.
    04-10-16 07:42 AM
    Actually, I would say a good number of people would want a PKB but the problem has been on BlackBerry's part, that being they always release it with lackluster specs. ....
    I've been desperately waiting for BlackBerry to do their iconic flagship device RIGHT
    What are you looking for in PKB device that you have not gotten in the Q10/Classic and/or Passport?

What it is that Bold 9900 users wanted that they have not received?
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-10-16 07:58 AM
    Am in I just feel they are taking way too long. When is this happening again?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    pooyam and Barbareren like this.
    04-10-16 09:51 AM
    Actually, I would say a good number of people would want a PKB but the problem has been on BlackBerry's part, that being they always release it with lackluster specs. Since the move to BlackBerry 10, none of the PKB devices have been powerhouses, they've always been watered down. Q5, Q10, Classic... Nothing to write home about.

I've been desperately waiting for BlackBerry to do their iconic flagship device RIGHT and they've failed at every step. Now they're, AGAIN, going to release a mid-range? Talk about disappointing. Seems like no one has learned anything from the past.

Long live the BlackBerry Bold 9900 series.
    Passport?

Priv?

Neither of these devices seemed watered down to me. I think BlackBerry put about everything they had into both of them. Marketing maybe an issue. Price point maybe another.

BlackBerry does not have the resources (or the volume in sales) to release the latest and greatest spec'd devices all the time. If they make them (see Priv) they don't have the volume of sales to sell it at low-margins and then the price is 'too high' for most consumers. They are better off to try and compete in the "mid range" because they do have their PKB to differentiate. As far as the all-touch mid-range device running Android, I really don't understand the point. They should just re-release the Leap with Android instead of wasting any additional resources.

Everyone who wants an all-touch device with super-specs will be disappointed. It's obvious what it takes to participate in that race and BlackBerry does not have what it takes to do that. Manufacturers like Samsung are cranking out devices several times per year so their R&D costs are absorbed in their volume. BlackBerry can't jump in at this point. If they would have followed up the Z10 or Z30 and kept on a specific path, maybe it would be a different story but they haven't and it's as if they'd rather keep starting from square 1 until they hit a home-run which means mid-range is the best they can do. And, for many all-touch fans, the only differentiating factor is the specs which won't be on BlackBerry's side.
    Last edited by TheBirdDog; 04-10-16 at 10:10 AM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-10-16 09:58 AM
    Looks awesome! Love my Classic, but would love a bigger screen!! I just don't know about the Android part....why are so many against it? I've been on BlackBerry always and don't know anything about Android except that's what my tablet runs.

04-10-16 11:48 AM
    I'm in
    04-10-16 12:06 PM
    I am interested in seeing what BlackBerry will have for us this year. I'd be willing to give an all-touch phone a chance.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 01:18 PM
    Am in I just feel they are taking way too long. When is this happening again?

Exactly my issue too. Rumors are around oct/nov this year. Way too long a wait.
    04-10-16 01:31 PM
    Exactly my issue too. Rumors are around oct/nov this year. Way too long a wait.
    Sounds quite right though if current trends mean anything. I wouldn't even be surprised if one gets released October / November and the other not until about a year from now (March - May 2017).

It doesn't make sense for BlackBerry to release multiple devices every year. As much as some people might "want" them to, the demand just isn't there. Innovative Flagship (like the Priv and the Passport) every 2 years and mid-range, more basic style (PKB and slab) updated alternating years. It means that they don't put out the latest and greatest hardware but people could finally start to know what to expect from them.

Methinks this is a big problem with the brand. They have nothing but 'tricks up their sleeve' when people just want to know what they can expect (with the odd 'trick' still being welcomed, of course!)
    04-10-16 02:01 PM
189 123 ...