03-19-17 05:40 PM
40 12
tools
    Will be interesting to see how many will be available at launch. Are you getting it right away or will you be waiting for carrier launch first? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Matty likes this.
    03-14-17 01:17 PM
    No one knows the number of phones being made. And there was no clear indication of the timing between the unlocked sales and when Carriers would later have devices.
    03-14-17 01:29 PM
    I'm with T-Mobile, and generally I wait for carrier launch to have T-Mo specific features built into the phone. But I remember the Priv launching outside of the carriers, and T-Mobile customers got all those goodies downloaded and activated just by putting their SIM card in.

I remember thinking, that's how it should work with factory-sold, unlocked, unbranded phones. I assume that the same will be for KeyONE, so buying it right up front would be danger-free.

However, I remember waiting to see a Priv at the store--and not being real happy with the keyboard. It was too small, too squished together. Prudence would dictate that I do the same with this unit, although ShopBB does have a 30 day return policy.
    03-14-17 01:31 PM
    Four...

Will be interesting to see how many will be available at launch. Are you getting it right away or will you be waiting for carrier launch first? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar likes this.
    03-14-17 02:50 PM
    Five.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    iamci, Carjackd and bigedschukar like this.
    03-14-17 02:56 PM
    Screw carriers launches , they are a joke.

Buy out right always
    03-14-17 04:11 PM
    Really hoping its on amazon at launch as well as shop BB since it won't be at carriers at launch in the US. Have nightmares of having to deal with shopBB again.
    03-14-17 04:52 PM
    I would assume that the new BlackBerry Mobile (TCL), is going to handle the initial unlocked roll out on their new website.

That's my bet , with Amazon being second in line. I'm not sure how this licensing deal will affect availability on Shop BlackBerry.
    03-14-17 05:10 PM
    I would assume that the new BlackBerry Mobile (TCL), is going to handle the initial unlocked roll out on their new website.

That's my bet , with Amazon being second in line. I'm not sure how this licensing deal will affect availability on Shop BlackBerry.
    Right. There's an excellent chance that these phones will never be available on BB's website at all, because these are not their phones anymore.

Expect to see them on a "BlackBerryMobile.com" site (aka TCL).
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    03-14-17 06:27 PM
    I'm with T-Mobile, and generally I wait for carrier launch to have T-Mo specific features built into the phone. But I remember the Priv launching outside of the carriers, and T-Mobile customers got all those goodies downloaded and activated just by putting their SIM card in.

I remember thinking, that's how it should work with factory-sold, unlocked, unbranded phones. I assume that the same will be for KeyONE, so buying it right up front would be danger-free.

However, I remember waiting to see a Priv at the store--and not being real happy with the keyboard. It was too small, too squished together. Prudence would dictate that I do the same with this unit, although ShopBB does have a 30 day return policy.
    Didn't T MOBILE sell the PRIV for a short while? That is probably why unlocked user received those features.
    03-14-17 06:29 PM
    Right. There's an excellent chance that these phones will never be available on BB's website at all, because these are not their phones anymore.

Expect to see them on a "BlackBerryMobile.com" site (aka TCL).
    Why do people act like a website portal to buy something is so complicated. They could very easily have devices on their website and orders get directed through BlackBerry mobile (TCL). Heck shop BlackBerry before was directing everything to digital river anyways. It's not like CB has some massive warehouse full of devices and accessories they ship out when they sell them on their sjte either. These aren't brick and mortar stores. It's all virtual and can be directed from anywhere. Why wouldn't shop BlackBerry still exist with TCL fulfilling orders?
    03-14-17 08:11 PM
    I don't think that carriers in the US will have them in stock. I have to keep reminding myself this is an enterprise phone. At least that's how BlackBerry /TCL is positioning it.
    03-14-17 08:19 PM
    ... Why wouldn't shop BlackBerry still exist with TCL fulfilling orders?
    I expect that now BlackBerry is no longer in the hardware business ShopBlackBerry will continue in the short term until BlackBerry's own remaining stock is sold.

I also expect that the main BlackBerry website will continue to forward KEYone customers to BlackBerry Mobile 's site.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    03-14-17 08:29 PM
    Let's get back on topic people.

The OP did not talk about shopBlackBerry. he was asking about stock availability at shopCrackBerry. So those who run the storefront at CrackBerry ... how many are you going to have? Does that include the one Kevin is playing with?
    Heavens1 and app_Developer like this.
    03-15-17 09:21 PM
    Let's get back on topic people.

The OP did not talk about shopBlackBerry. he was asking about stock availability at shopCrackBerry. So those who run the storefront at CrackBerry ... how many are you going to have? Does that include the one Kevin is playing with?
    I would assume CB doesn't stock anything. Probably some sort of drop ship type set up anyways.
    03-15-17 09:30 PM
    Would shopcrackberry have international shipping? I hope they use UPS

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:04 PM
    1 just for me . To heck with you guys
    RoseBud68 and jamesharmeling like this.
    03-16-17 12:27 AM
    I would assume CB doesn't stock anything. Probably some sort of drop ship type set up anyways.
    But they would get a commission for anything sold through the site, which helps this place keep going.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 08:17 AM
    But they would get a commission for anything sold through the site, which helps this place keep going.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's what drop shipping is. Didn't deny that. Just said there likely isn't some CB warehouse where they box up stuff to ship out to people.
    03-16-17 08:19 AM
    Well, perhaps I missed something at one time or another, but I didn't think shopCrackberry sold phones. Accessories for phones but there's no category for actual phones.
    03-16-17 08:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I hope 50K - 100K get made just for Shop.Blackberry. That seems, at least to me, a decent amount.

Definitely don't want to see that 'Out Of Stock' message. I think ordering it on the first day is really special because you will be one of the first. But i normally wait till my carrier gets it and then try to snag a special combo deal. I feel the KEYone is the type of device that once you start using it. Its going to be really hard to put it down.
    03-16-17 08:32 AM
    Well, perhaps I missed something at one time or another, but I didn't think shopCrackberry sold phones. Accessories for phones but there's no category for actual phones.

Thats correct. They don't sell smartphones. Only accessories.

Their accessory range is actually really good. Plus, they have a sale on 1 item each day. I remember looking at Shop.Blackberry for a case and it was $39.99 but on ShopCrackberry it was $18.99 or something like that! So prices are awesome
    03-16-17 08:34 AM
    1 just for me . To heck with you guys
    :'(

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-16-17 08:43 AM
    Do you think blackberrymobile.com will sell unlocked keyones and ship international?

I'd rather buy direct.
    03-16-17 10:27 AM
    Do you think blackberrymobile.com will sell unlocked keyones and ship international?

I'd rather buy direct.
    Direct from who? BlackBerryMobile.com is the international site. BlackBerryMobile.us and BlackBerryMobile.ca are the North American sites.
    03-16-17 10:32 AM
40 12