Just curious. I can personally see myself using it easily past 3 years. I think it has everything I need. 32GB of internal space, 3GB of RAM, a good camera which I don't usually use but will start given the quality, apps galore thanks to the Play Store. I'm a simpleton, lol

I'm currently on my Classic which is the phone I've had the longest out of the 10 phones I've owned. It's at 2 years and 4 months. Could go longer but I just need a change. And hopefully next week the KEYone will finally be in my hands...but it will probably be a couple more given I'm in the US, lol

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    04-24-17 02:39 PM
    Max one year for me because BlackBerry will release new phone every year
    Billybuckle1 likes this.
    04-24-17 02:40 PM
    Right now three years easy could be possible....

That said, who knows what the future holds..... for some a 5G phone might be important. Others may find they need a device capable of VR for some reason. Others may find a phone capable of running some new feature of Android P is necessary.

But yeah.... as krazyatom said, I think most looking at the KEYone are FANs, they tend to buy whatever is new. If BlackBerry Mobile keeps pumping out phones.... one year is a long time.
    04-24-17 02:54 PM
    As long as it stays alive. And if it somehow happens to be the last QWERTY phone, I'll buy at least one more to keep myself supplied.
    ominaxe likes this.
    04-24-17 03:05 PM
    Well, until there's a need, as in the phone stops working. Or if several years has gone by and needs have exceeded the phone's capability and there's another phone that meets my needs... I guess there isn't really a set time for me. Could be a year and a half, could be 3 years or more...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-24-17 03:07 PM
    they tend to buy whatever is new. If BlackBerry Mobile keeps pumping out phones.... one year is a long time.
    Very true for some people. For me I don't see wut else they could do to the phone that would make me want it. It already has a PKB which is a necessity. They don't release standard 4 Row PBK's too often so I think I'm set for a while, lol."Unlesson" they add an actual trackpad or something that resembles a toolbelt but I'm definitely not holding my breath for that, lol. But time will tell...

**Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic...do u notice the pattern? :-) ...the KEYone is NEXT!**
    04-24-17 03:54 PM
    One year from when it is shipped - December 2018
    madmax12345 likes this.
    04-24-17 04:00 PM
    Depends on how well it will perform and if there will be any other pkb smartphones anytime soon

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    ominaxe likes this.
    04-24-17 04:18 PM
    One year from when it is shipped - December 2018
    Funny guy.

Anyway, to OP: easily could see myself with it for 3+ years.

Posted with my  Classic
    04-24-17 04:38 PM
    Depends on how well it will perform and if there will be any other pkb smartphones anytime soon

Exactly this.
    04-24-17 04:49 PM
    Depends on well it does and what else comes along after.

I've had my Z10 for 4 years because I love it and haven't found anything else catching my eye.
    04-24-17 04:59 PM
    Until I have a compelling reason to switch, however long that might be. In general, I've been keeping my phones for about two years. Assuming the KEYone solves my signal issues (my Classic, as much as I love it, has dropped network more times in more places than I care to admit. Thank goodness I'm not a doctor!) I don't see any reason why I might abandon it.
    04-24-17 05:01 PM
    Built in obsolescence doesnt help ( built-in battery)

As with everyone it all comes down to whether the build quality will last and it looks like a solid phone. I think the processing power will be good unless there's a fundamental shift in how we use our phones in the next few years you could easily get 2-3 years use out of the KEYONE as long as the software you need is still compatible etc.

I got a good run out of my z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-17 05:20 PM
    You need to factor in 1/2 a year to your one year to account for the common delays
    04-24-17 05:25 PM
    You need to factor in 1/2 a year to your one year to account for the common delays
    Oh yea BlackBerry always delay
    04-24-17 05:38 PM
    I expect about 2 to 3 years. Will be at least 2 then will probably upgrade to the key2 is there is one
    04-24-17 06:19 PM
    Right, but will they release a PKB device every year? I'm not sure they will. I think the K1 is more for us legacy fans. I would bet that any future BB phones will be slabs.
    04-24-17 06:22 PM
    2-3 years is common for me. Features aren't being added to phones with any regularity, we are getting more apps, or greater speed, but not really new capabilities. Most phones, without keyboards, are very similar.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-17 06:25 PM

I remember the Samsung Blackjack from back in the day and that device was sexy for its time. I wish other OEMs would develop PKB devices, but this market is only alive because of us and government/business types. I'm just a regular consumer dude who works in entertainment and wants to be different and feel nostalgic.
    04-24-17 06:28 PM
    i buy it for my niece entry of university. 4 years. since it is last true BB, that is it as gift. She can buy anything her hearts desiire after. As for myself, still set my eyes on 9982. No blackdroid for me (still not impressed... TCL or BBM better get some 5G out soon).
    04-24-17 06:31 PM
    I'm expecting to use it for at least three years, maybe more if another physical keyboard-toting phone doesn't come out by then.
    04-24-17 07:38 PM
    As far the phone has no major issues and delivers on promises then probably till better physical keyboard device isn't launched to replace it.

I keep two phones at my disposal. This will accompany my second phone.
    04-24-17 07:41 PM
    Until BlackBerry introduces an upgrade to the KEYone.
    04-24-17 10:07 PM
    For android, maybe 2 yr is limitation?!
    04-24-17 10:18 PM
    Long enough to punch out a few you and yours.
    04-24-17 11:53 PM
51 123