Frankly, I don't really care about what other people think of my phone. It is a tool I use every day and it suits my needs. But it is interesting to see how they react to it. So far I got 'oh, now you almost have a proper phone' (I was using a Passport before). People seem to be against phones with physical keyboards for some strange reason.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-20-17 04:37 PM
    People always react against everything that isn't mainstream.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 04:43 PM
    I don't worry about it. my boss sent a mass text with an attachment yesterday with his iPhone. no one including coworkers with iPhones got the picture the first time. told him about it and he argued with me and said something about inferior BlackBerry. he was messing with me but he still meant it a little lol. I made him send it again and by gum everyone got it the 2nd time
    05-20-17 05:51 PM
    I wouldn't give a crap I don't get something because everyone else has it.I lkke to be different.I can't wait until it comes out in North America.I am getting it the first day that it comes out.
    05-20-17 07:54 PM
    So far positives. I actually went to a shop and the guy wanted to buy it asap.

I gave him Clove link.
    05-20-17 08:26 PM
    I just had dinner with my brother and parents and when I whipped out the KEYone, got the predictable "BlackBerry still makes phones?" .

Although giving them a tour of the phone, they were pretty impressed.
    05-20-17 08:47 PM
    I'm looking forward to picking up the KEYONE. I don't care what others think about the phone I'm gonna use.
    05-20-17 09:35 PM
    I've had people compliment my Passport and Classic all the time. I expect the same from KEYone

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    05-20-17 09:52 PM
    People are always curious about my PRIV. I think they really like it. Unfortunately most of my friends are in the iOS walled garden so escape is virtually impossible. I need some friends who use Android...
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-20-17 11:17 PM
    I showed a friend of mine who is a nanny and she laughed. BUT the 9 year old boy who she nannies was amazed. He is a techie already (his dad works for some tech software company) they have devices all over the place. He has instagram, twitter, Snapchat (all of which I don't agree with at that age but thats for another time). I don't even have the device but showed him pictures. He loved the keyboard. Said it looked "cool". And then showed him how you can do short cut to those apps and he thought it was the best thing he'd ever seen. Kid was smiling and pumping fist. Funny stuff.
    Jane23, PALoeza and eldeadache like this.
    05-21-17 12:33 AM
    When I adopted a BlackBerry in '06, I wanted a phone that I could do proper word processing on--I still desire that now. I have full touchscreen devices...and guess what? Can't type as quickly or as accurately as I can on a full keyboard. I will use a physical keyboard BlackBerry, as long as they exist. I don't care what others use: to each their own. If I really cared what others thought of what I used, I would have jumped ship long ago. I've never quite fit in. Why start now?

Posted via CB10
    Zaiah86, fanisk and andy957 like this.
    05-21-17 01:00 AM
    I am still on the passport, first impression of key one is not meeting my expectations. I played with it almost an hour, most probably the impression was spoiled by my Samsung s7 edge.

Planning to wait for more reviews....

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 04:14 AM
    I wouldn't give a crap I don't get something because everyone else has it.I lkke to be different.
    You like to be different for only yourself to appreciate then?
    05-21-17 06:15 AM
    Frankly, I don't really care about what other people think of my phone. It is a tool I use every day and it suits my needs. But it is interesting to see how they react to it. So far I got 'oh, now you almost have a proper phone' (I was using a Passport before). People seem to be against phones with physical keyboards for some strange reason.
    Went a shop in London and the workers were buzzing for it!

They thought BlackBerry was "extinct" for some reason..
    05-21-17 06:53 AM
    So same reactions to any other BlackBerry 10 phone even though it has Android?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 07:05 AM
    So same reactions to any other BlackBerry 10 phone even though it has Android?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much so.

I didn't even slid out the keyboard on my Priv. Guy just saw "BlackBerry" and questioned why I still support them. I told him it's fully Android with almost the same specs as the Nexus 6P. Still wasn't impressed..
    05-21-17 09:04 AM
    You DO care LOL, otherwise you wouldn't start with that sentence.
    It's like saying:
    -Don't take it the wrong way, but.....you're a @#$%^&
    -With all respect, but....you're a @#$%^&
    If you wouldn't care you wouldn't care to start this topic; no reason to be ashamed, since in the end nobody really wants to deviate from the rest too much. In the end we're all sheep in a certain way regarding many things in life, even if we say we aren't.

In this case, I still hold on to the BlackBerry brand, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't bug me when a phone store clerk laughs/smirks when I ask about BlackBerry phones or when some youngster (total stranger next to me at the airport) asked me the other day: "why I'm still using an old fart's phone", or that nobody at a family gathering wants me to use my Priv for a selfie since the quality is so bad and they don't want the photos, and then I have to wait for them to take their phones out of their pockets to do it for me.....me "the silly uncle with his old BlackBerry". So yes, In a way I do care, but still not enough to switch brands. Luckily the KeyOne deals with that matter, so one thing less to ridicule a BlackBerry owner LOL.
    PALoeza, rkanazawa and Feistres like this.
    05-22-17 04:42 PM
    Good topic! I'll return and post when I have a KEYOne and a proper sample size of reactions.

Meanwhile my Classic is getting these :

- Random people 1: Just plain curious why I'm still using BB. (of course PKB is my answer)
    - Random people 2: Is it from your company?
    - Friends : why don't you get a "smart" phone? (followed by facepalm by both me and them)
    - One Canadian : Thanks for supporting our economy.
    05-22-17 05:03 PM
    Good topic! I'll return and post when I have a KEYOne and a proper sample size of reactions.

Meanwhile my Classic is getting these :

- Random people 1: Just plain curious why I'm still using BB. (of course PKB is my answer)
    - Random people 2: Is it from your company?
    - Friends : why don't you get a "smart" phone? (followed by facepalm by both me and them)
    - One Canadian : Thanks for supporting our economy.
    I had a Verizon rep that didn't know my Q10 was a smart phone. It will continue to be an uphill battle.

Posted via CB10
    pooyam likes this.
    05-22-17 05:18 PM
    Every BlackBerry that I've had and I've had almost all of them for decades, elicits laughs. Laughs.
    andy957 and Livermore like this.
    05-22-17 05:53 PM
    People always react against everything that isn't mainstream
    This.

I like the irony that people find Blackberry old-school or outdated but then, they're also the same people asking for chargers or being the wall huggers while i'm there rocking with my 2 days phone. Who's laughing now
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-22-17 07:55 PM
    This.

I like the irony that people find Blackberry old-school or outdated but then, they're also the same people asking for chargers or being the wall huggers while i'm there rocking with my 2 days phone. Who's laughing now
    We need the extra battery for all the workarounds! ~

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    05-22-17 08:19 PM
    This.

When your 2 days are up won't you be hugging a wall too?
    05-22-17 09:07 PM
    When your 2 days are up won't you be hugging a wall too?
    Not in the middle of the day
    05-22-17 09:38 PM
    Not in the middle of the day
    Or is it possible they just use their phones for more battery draining activities thus requiring more charging?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 06:20 AM
51 123