Is there a way to toggle between the virtual keyboard using the convenience key?

I'd like to enable and disable it for one handed use
    05-08-17 02:58 PM
    I found a decent method... works pretty sweet.

Installed MacroDroid from playstore
    Add macro
    Trigger: shake device
    Action: switch keyboard

Save

Now when I shake my keyone I can easily toggle between the virtual for one handed usage and shake to switch back for those long winded essays. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a60ae0a259.jpg
    But it's already built in. When typing, on the top left you should see a keyboard symbol. Drag down and switch.

Combined for best answer.
    If it exists, I've never found a setting for it. However, it would be a cool addition.
    05-09-17 01:45 PM
    If it exists, I've never found a setting for it. However, it would be a cool addition.

Add macro

Save

Now when I shake my keyone I can easily toggle between the virtual for one handed usage and shake to switch back for those long winded essays.
    05-09-17 01:56 PM

Add macro

Save

Now when I shake my keyone I can easily toggle between the virtual for one handed usage and shake to switch back for those long winded essays.

Niiice! That works. Glad you found a solution. Thanks for sharing it.
    05-09-17 01:58 PM
    That's a cool workaround!! Learn something everyday. Do apps like the one mentioned have any kind of negative impact on overall performance. Also if I do download it just to try and uninstall is there anything I should do other than just installing it? Ex: erase the trigger and action before deleting.
    05-09-17 02:23 PM
    I literally just found the work around so can't comment on performance as it's not been an hour yet. I will keep an eye out on it.

As for uninstalling you don't need to erase anything.
    05-09-17 02:25 PM
    I literally just found the work around so can't comment on performance as it's not been an hour yet. I will keep an eye out on it.

As for uninstalling you don't need to erase anything.
    Ok thanks. Very cool though. Trying to find some other uses for the app.
    05-09-17 02:42 PM
    Ok thanks. Very cool though. Trying to find some other uses for the app.
    The app runs in the foreground so I just blocked notifications, will monitor battery over the next few days.

As for other uses its got some funky premade templates in the app.
    05-09-17 02:47 PM
    But it's already built in. When typing, on the top left you should see a keyboard symbol. Drag down and switch.
    Attached Thumbnails How do I toggle the virtual keyboard?-9245.jpg  
    05-09-17 03:10 PM
    But it's already built in. When typing on the top left ud see a keyboard symbol. Drag down and switch.
    Nice one, Thanks for the screenshot, I hadn't realised in the sea of all my notifications, it got lost in there but it's deffo useful having it built it rather than a work around!
    05-09-17 03:16 PM
    I do not get that notification. ??
    05-09-17 03:22 PM
    Nice one, Thanks for the screenshot, I hadn't realised in the sea of all my notifications, it got lost in there but it's deffo useful having it built it rather than a work around!
    Tested it with gboard and swiftkey but not working so I suggest you try the other methods.
    05-09-17 03:43 PM

Add macro

Save

Now when I shake my keyone I can easily toggle between the virtual for one handed usage and shake to switch back for those long winded essays. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a60ae0a259.jpg

Combined for best answer.
    phuoc likes this.
    05-10-17 12:05 PM
    Thanks. Will follow this thread!
    05-12-17 10:48 PM
    I also don't get this icon in the notification tray
    05-12-17 11:46 PM
    The icon appears if you have multiple active keyboards.
    05-16-17 04:41 AM
    First day with my Keyone. I find that this virtual keyboard is not a smart as the one on the Passport. The Passport knew when I was going to need symbols (like the @ for an email address) and numbers and automatically popped up the virtual keyboard for me. With K1, I have to hit the symbol key and then switch it for numbers. Am I missing something?
    06-13-17 12:05 PM