Just to put in context, i'm just a regular Joe using his phone for social medias, media consumption and day to day tasks. So here's my little review after using my Keyone for a week in comparison to my S7 edge for a year. I bought my Keyone from Selfridge UK and use it on Telus (Canada). PS: for those having concerns about antenna bands compatibility and all, I didn't have issues. At this point, people keep pointing specs but how does it perform in real life? Here's what I came across during my time using this phone.

Pros (over the S7) :

1) TREMENDOUS BATTERY LIFE
    Did I say battery life? Yes. This phone IS the best phone I ever used in term of battery life. I consistently get 6-8h of screen on time on LTE mobile network (not wifi) in a day. If I switch between wifi and mobile network during a day, I can get about 8-10h of screen on time. On moderate use, I get about 5-6h of SOT in a lapse of 1.5-2 days of use. In comparison to my S7 edge where I get about 3-4hours of SOT for a typical work day where battery lies around 20% at 5-6pm. The battery on S7 used to be good, about 5-6 SOT, but due to poor optimization (bloatware draining battery in the background) & battery degradation...

2) Optimization & software
    The phone is fairly optimized and smooth in my day to day tasks. The blackberry launcher is not that great compared to Nova launcher where you can tweek every single thing. The icon packs option is very limited because you can only apply the whole pack. But I found an app called ''Awesome icons'' where you can modify any single icon without a launcher, root, etc ! I enabled the developper mode for faster animations and transitions at 0,5x. The only thing missing is the animation speed '' Faster than light'' from Nova to make this phone perfect. Otherwise, the phone itself is very smooth I didn't encounter any lag or stutter unlike the s7 edge (mostly while scrolling where you can notice some frame drop/skip''. Update is pretty quick, I did get an update not long ago for the blackberry keyboard where on snapchat the virtual keyboard pops out everytime I type something. Blackberry is aware of some issues and are working hard to patch it as soon as possible (unlike samsung *cough*). People talk about RAM issues and all, so far I didn't have any major slow down when I have about 4-6 apps in the background. I can notice some lags when I have heavy apps in the background like Facebook & youtube but that's just minor. Personally, I close all apps everytime I'm done with them so I just keep the ones i'm using and it's all smooth. The only reason why I use the Blackberry launcher over Nova, is because of the shorcuts. I think it's fair to say it's the most conveninent feature for having a PKB. My home is now much cleaner and my most frequently used apps are binded to a key and also placed in a folder. God I missed that feature (previously used a Bold 9000 & 9900). I think the ''Faster than light'' animation speed & icon customization is not worth the tradeoff over the shortcuts.

3) NO BLOATWARE
    Gosh, now I see why people like stock android so much. Coming from S4, Note 4 & S7 edge, I can understand why people disliked touchwiz and their bloatware. The keyone is so much cleaner, i'd say almost stock without the Blackberry implementation like Hub or calendar etc. It's so smoother and less batterry drain from bloatware that I was used to on my Samsung phones.

4) Speaker and sound quality
    Personally, I find the Keyone to sound much better when playing a song with the speaker. The volume is loud and the sound is clear with a grain of bass greater than my s7 edge. Call quality is very good, just like the old blackberries 9000 & 9900. I'm not saying S7 is bad either, but I feel the call quality is on par with the old blackberries which was really good and where Blackberry made their name from!

5)Fingerprint scanner & Double tap to wake
    The fingerprint scanner on the Keyone is a no match to the S7 edge! It's blazing fast and reliable. Unlike the S7 edge where the screen has to be on or the home button has to be pressed to be recognized, I can simply rest my finger on the scanner and it will immediately unlock my phone (no need to push the button or screen to be ON to unlock). I find the double tap to wake much more useful and wish it was also on the S7 Edge. Of course, there's Always-on Display, but it's still draining battery 1% an hour and power users like me won't take that chance so Double tap to wake IS the thing!

6)Keyboard
    I think we all know that the major selling point is also the keyboard. I was also sceptic about the keyboard being glossy but after a week, it's just a matter of time to get used to it. Typing on it is so satisfying and reminds me of my Bold 9000 and 9900. Key travelling wasn't as good because the buttons are not as pronounced as previous devices but it's still good and I found myself typing just like before. So guys, DON'T worry about it, you'll LOVE it. It's so satisfying to type on a PKB. I almost forgot why I always had a Blackberry before (i'm just 25 BTW). I have to admit I can't type as fast as on a virtual keyboard like other reviewers said, but the accuracy is much better and the best : you can type without watching the keys once you're used to so you can type more efficiently and accurately including with the symbols and shifts/alt. I didn't use a DTEK or PRIV so the flicking/swiping up gesture for word prediction is new to me. I'm not used to it yet, but I can see why people would use it for faster typing. Personally, I still select the suggested word on the screen. I also want to point out the fact that the Keyone has a bigger screen real estate than the S7 edge when typing. I mainly use my phone to communicate through SMS, Whatsapp and messenger so the 4.5 inch screen isn't a tradeoff over the 5,7 inch screen. It's also better for multi-windows. Here's what I mean :

Cons (over the S7) :
    I would like to say most cons are not major points but rather some preferences.

1) Camera (Low light)
    Despite the fact that the Keyone use the same camera sensor as the Pixel, the S7 edge still take better low light pictures. It all comes down to image processing so maybe we can expect an update in the future? Personally, I prefer oversaturated and shaper images from the S7. In day light, both perform very well, that said pictures can still be modified afterward to my preference so it's not a big deal. In low light, the S7 takes better pictures but with noises while the Keyone is opposite, ok pictures but very less noises

Frontfacing camera is better on the Keyone for selfies. Less noises and better colors. I hate the fact that I don't have the option ''Save as previewed'' like my Samsung. I always have to flip my picture after, but i'm sure there's a way to get the option through an app or something

2) Screen brightness & sharpness
    I think we all know it's a 1080p vs Quad HD screen Amoled. Of course it's a no match when it comes to brightness and sharpness. But I still give the credit to Blackberry for putting a good screen still. I initially thought it would be a big tradeoff because I use my phone for social medias and media consumptions but it's not as bad as I thought. I still enjoy it on my Keyone, but ofc it's more enjoyable on an Amoled screen. For me, I'd still use a keyone as my daily driver whatsoever. The keyone is not as bright outdoor in comparison, but it's still usable not a big deal!

3) Convenience key & Buttons location
    Yes for me it's a con because of it's location!!!! Even after a week, I still find myself hitting accidentally the convience key when picking up my phone or while holding. They placed a bit too low so holding the phone is a bit weird in a one-handed use. The phone is meant to be two-handed use for typing, but still achievable with one (just not as comfortable). I'm still confused about the volume rocker being on right side but it's not a big deal. I only wish they had placed a bit on the upper side. I also find myself hitting the convenience key while calling which double as a mute key so sometimes I end up being confused haha. I think a bumper should fix this issue personally so I can clearly see the button emplacement while holding the phone. I'd be such a waste to put a case on this beauty so a clear bumper around the phone should fix this issue.

4) Headphone jack output
    I can notice a little drop in sound quality from the headphone jack compared to my S7. Nothing major, just a little drop. I think we all know from the start that this phone is not meant to be used for entertainment.

5) Samsung features / app
    I was surprised to see how I missed a few apps/features from samsung. Starting by the '' Scroll to capture'' option where I can take a long screenshot instead of fragmented ones. There's also a ''Blue light filter'' missing on the Keyone but i'm sure it's not a problem with an update, still a useful feature. Theme option is missing, I used to choose one with deep black amoled so less battery drain but hey it's not a problem anymore But I still miss the deep black across my device. There's a dark theme on the keyone, but it's not across the device only on selected places. The ''Schedule message'' is also a feature that I miss, but i'm sure there's an app for that :P I hate the android message used as default for SMS, so I use Textra which is a mile better in term of customization. Somehow, I like the simplicity of the stock one on Touchwiz, it's just a preference.

6) Lack of android pay, Samsung pay (Only in Canada for now)
    So far I can't use mobile payment like my Desjardins mobile payment app that I had on my Galaxy. But Android pay is coming it's way to Canada this summer so it won't be a matter anymore. No Samsung pay in Canada so far unless I have a CIBC credit card, meh...

Overall, I wouldn't come back to my S7, but I can see myself switching from time to time. The battery life and the PKB on the Keyone is so satisfying over my S7 . I'll still keep my S7 to take pictures tho, as I tend to prefer it over my Keyone. Whatsoever, the Keyone still take decent photo ! I'll eventually update this review with a few samples side to side. Same thing for battery life. I hope you guys enjoyed and feel free to ask any questions.
    Last edited by 2high4u; 05-22-17 at 12:06 AM.
    05-21-17 11:40 AM
    Good writing! Intellectual and honest!

Posted via CB10
    2high4u and Plazmic Flame like this.
    05-21-17 01:33 PM
    Wow , I keep scrolling down to the end of post to see how much you have to say before I started to read and boy you have a lot to say.
    Great to see people have more than just a Key-One thought. lol
    Keep writing... Maybe next BlackBerry phone will be called "Key-2-More" ..
    Byrese and 2high4u like this.
    05-21-17 02:14 PM
    Good writing! Intellectual and honest!

Posted via CB10
    Wow , I keep scrolling down to the end of post to see how much you have to say before I started to read and boy you have a lot to say.
    Great to see people have more than just a Key-One thought. lol
    Keep writing... Maybe next BlackBerry phone will be called "Key-2-More" ..
    Thanks ! I watched and read many reviews but I never came across the tradeoff people make by switching to the Keyone. The typical one only about general stuff so I decided to write my own so people have a better idea of what to expect coming from a flagship like the S7 edge. People think the Keyone is just for business man, while personally, I think it's more of a preference.
    05-21-17 02:30 PM
    Thanks man.
    2high4u likes this.
    05-21-17 02:58 PM
    Here's a little preview of pictures taken with the Keyone, I'll post tomorrow or another day some comparison pictures with my S7 edge.

Honest review BlackBerry KEYone vs. S7 edge-20170512_192405.jpg
    Honest review BlackBerry KEYone vs. S7 edge-img_20170514_0222298.jpg
    Honest review BlackBerry KEYone vs. S7 edge-img_20170516_1633066-1.jpg
    05-21-17 05:25 PM
    Good post OP. Thank you.

Posted with my  Classic
    2high4u likes this.
    05-21-17 08:52 PM
    Here's a little preview of pictures taken with the Keyone, I'll post tomorrow or another day some comparison pictures with my S7 edge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170516_1633066-1.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	423668
    Oh my God, what are they doing to the Olympic Stadium...again?? Nice clear picture!

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    05-21-17 09:02 PM
    Regarding Camera: I have a Google Pixel XL and that camera is nothing to write home about. I work in nightclubs / concert venues and take tons of pix in low light and the Pixel stinks. I use my Iphone for low light pix.

The best low light pictures I've ever taken were during the brief few weeks that I had the galaxy note 7 and my girlfriend's Galaxy S7 is amazing in low light.

When the note 8 comes out I'll have the perfect phone for media and the perfect phone for Gettin' Shiz Done!
    bluesqueen23 and 2high4u like this.
    05-21-17 09:41 PM
    Oh my God, what are they doing to the Olympic Stadium...again?? Nice clear picture!

It's always under construction.. big waste of $$
    05-21-17 09:53 PM

They're restructuring the Stadium to move a part of Desjardins office there
    05-21-17 10:17 PM
    Outstanding and honest review...thanks for taking the time to do that! Just FYI, I had an S7edge and it doesn't hold a candle to the new S8 which was a dramatic improvement in many categories.
    2high4u likes this.
    05-21-17 10:20 PM
    They're restructuring the Stadium to move a part of Desjardins office there
    I just read that about Desjardins moving in there. I grew up watching the building of the Stadium Complex. Thanks for the pic and memories. Let's get back on topic, please excuse my indulgence :-)

2high4u likes this.
    05-21-17 10:48 PM
    Regarding Camera: I have a Google Pixel XL and that camera is nothing to write home about. I work in nightclubs / concert venues and take tons of pix in low light and the Pixel stinks. I use my Iphone for low light pix.

The best low light pictures I've ever taken were during the brief few weeks that I had the galaxy note 7 and my girlfriend's Galaxy S7 is amazing in low light.

When the note 8 comes out I'll have the perfect phone for media and the perfect phone for Gettin' Shiz Done!
    Your single experience means nothing here evidently. If a single person who probably doesn't know what they're talking about says "omg, the keyone takes amazing low light pics" or one review says it, people will take that as the gospel truth.
    05-21-17 11:00 PM
    Thanks OP!

Black Passport and Blue Classic
    2high4u likes this.
    05-21-17 11:58 PM
    I like the review. Good job.
    2high4u likes this.
    05-22-17 12:57 AM
    Very good review.
    2high4u likes this.
    05-22-17 01:10 PM
    Great review, OP. Good balance.

Posted via CB10
    2high4u likes this.
    05-22-17 04:25 PM
    Great review. Did you type it out using Keyone?

Posted via CB10
    2high4u likes this.
    05-22-17 04:50 PM
    Great review. Did you type it out using Keyone?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunetaly I didn't but i'll keep that in mind next time, would be a good expriment Thank you!
    05-22-17 06:03 PM
    Thanks for that. Very informative for us here. Much appreciated.
    2high4u likes this.
    05-22-17 06:13 PM
    Good review and excellent phone
    2high4u likes this.
    05-22-17 06:24 PM
    Try the S8 compared to the keyone there is no comparison Samsung has a winner with the S8. I can't believe how well the S8 works it's almost flawless
    bharuch7282 likes this.
    05-22-17 06:30 PM
    Try the S8 compared to the keyone there is no comparison Samsung has a winner with the S8. I can't believe how well the S8 works it's almost flawless
    I'll wait to see what they have to bring to the table with the upcoming Note 8 (if any). I can expect a bigger battery, powerhouse and new camera setup. I'll stick to my 2 days battery Keyone until Samsung offers me something close to it. Oh and stock Android too Get rid of those bloatware Samsung! I always been a Blackberry user in my early days going from the pearl 8100, Bold 9000 and Bold 9900. The keyone is the perfect smartphone for me right now, back to memory lane with a nice touch of modern specs! Trust me, I'm a Samsung die-hard too (S4, Note 4, S7) and everytime I tell myself how awesome the new phone is, but in the long run, Touchwiz is still inferior in optimization and fluidity.
    Last edited by 2high4u; 05-22-17 at 07:46 PM.
    05-22-17 07:32 PM
    Thanks. Good writing and very informative. Keep it up.
    2high4u likes this.
    05-22-17 08:28 PM
28 12