The reality is most of us are buying this phone. Whether it is the feature set, or that our Privs and Classics are starting to really let us down (both of which is happening to me).

Unfortunately, how this whole launch has been handled has left a bad taste in many of our mouths. There comes a point at which the sly little banter needs give way to facts (read: a release date). Whether or not the idea of TCL was to get us checking daily for news was the plan, I don't know. What is known is that the launch, more specifically the supporters, has been handled terribly. While I'm happy that Kevin got more money in his pocket, the idea that they bought out the board starts to worry me about any further journalistic objectivity in the matter.

I worry that the KeyONE will be my 30th and last BlackBerry.
    Last edited by clkgtr37; 04-21-17 at 05:01 PM.
    04-21-17 11:10 AM
    TCT, TLC...whatever.
    04-21-17 11:35 AM
    Hey OP, before someone jumps in to defend the launch process and tell you to relax its just a phone and they can wait, looks like some news coming next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Hey TCT, the tease has gotten old...-372338.jpg  
    04-21-17 11:43 AM
    Hey OP, before someone jumps in to defend the launch process and tell you to relax its just a phone and they can wait, looks like some news coming next week.
    I'd be surprised if the news is not about when it'll be available to purchase. Not sure what else news they are able to provide us this time lol. Just patiently waiting ...
    04-21-17 11:49 AM
    I'd be surprised if the news is not about when it'll be available to purchase. Not sure what else news they are able to provide us this time lol. Just patiently waiting ...
    That's what it likely is yes. Either it will be available right away (within a week) or the news is end of May for North America or something like that. Who knows at this point?
    04-21-17 11:53 AM
    The reality is most of us are buying this phone. Whether it is the feature set, or that our Privs and Classics are starting to really let us down (both of which is happening to me).

Unfortunately, how this whole launch has been handled has left a bad taste in many of our mouths. There comes a point at which the sly little banter needs give way to facts (read: a release date). Whether or not the idea of TCT was to get us checking daily for news was the plan, I don't know. What is known is that the launch, more specifically the supporters, has been handled terribly. While I'm happy that Kevin got more money in his pocket, the idea that they bought out the board starts to worry me about any further journalistic objectivity in the matter.

Most phones go through launch issues.. iPhone, Pixel (still out of stock all the time 6 months later) ect...

I am not all that concerned about the slight delay and will keep using what I have now until it's launched.

Sure I want it now but I won't buy something I don't want just becuase I am impatient and can't wait a bit longer..
    04-21-17 12:10 PM
    If you don't like their teasing, don't go on twitter because they just teased "more info next week" in a punny tweet, lol.

I'm taking bets on whether I'll have one before my trip late May, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-21-17 12:29 PM
    The date on the phone screen is 27th April. Same as the rumoured Selfridge's London release date. I imagine this is what is going to be confirmed next week.
    04-21-17 12:54 PM
    Troll master Steve Cistulli
    The date on the phone screen is 27th April. Same as the rumoured Selfridge's London release date. I imagine this is what is going to be confirmed next week.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    04-21-17 01:02 PM
    Nice catch. Totally missed that.
    04-21-17 01:02 PM

Unfortunately, how this whole launch has been handled has left a bad taste in many of our mouths. There comes a point at which the sly little banter needs give way to facts (read: a release date). Whether or not the idea of TCT was to get us checking daily for news was the plan, I don't know. What is known is that the launch, more specifically the supporters, has been handled terribly. While I'm happy that Kevin got more money in his pocket, the idea that they bought out the board starts to worry me about any further journalistic objectivity in the matter.

Very sad for the OP. I am happy about the release of the KEYone, and I do not think it is so bad as you do. Cheer up. This is a first world problem.

I have a job... no serious illness... family all healthy... most things are working in my life...
    Do not have any time to be sad about a phone release.
    04-21-17 01:37 PM
    I worry some of you have confused my annoyances with the launch with the duration of the release.

The frustration comes from the reality that TCL has misidentified their market and has begun treating the launch of a phone that is supposed to help business individuals like one that is for younger millennials. The fun quips and cheeky "gotcha" antics are great for those that live on social media all day when not in class, but for someone that is working, not so much.

Those running a business usually want a little more cut and dry approach... here is our product and this is when you can buy it. You would never see Apple say, "here is the new iPhone, and if you pay attention to our CEO's Twitter account you will see an announcement of when we will make an announcement about an announcement to announce the release date."

My job sees a production team and myself on planes most the month and not usually in one country for any large amount of time. The luxury of knowing that we can order 20 or so phones and trust they will be in the states when we have a stop over far out weighs the thrill of the tease.
    Last edited by clkgtr37; 04-21-17 at 01:55 PM.
    04-21-17 01:37 PM
    Interesting tweet. I wonder if there's a hidden message in his tweet. If you look at the photo of the phone it suggests 27th April.

I hope that's the news for everyone else waiting for. Sweet!!
    04-21-17 01:57 PM
    Interesting tweet. I wonder if there's a hidden message in his tweet. If you look at the photo of the phone it suggests 27th April.

I hope that's the news for everyone else waiting for. Sweet!!
    At least he didn't take 27 Tweets to do what only needed one Tweet.
    04-21-17 02:25 PM
    At least he didn't take 27 Tweets to do what only needed one Tweet.
    If that's true then it's very smart of him. However TCL didn't play the game that well. No marketing or whatsoever
    Dave Knight2 likes this.
    04-21-17 02:28 PM
    A Shame another blackberry device with a fumbled release....
    mister2d and WT44 like this.
    04-21-17 02:37 PM
    Very sad for the OP. I am happy about the release of the KEYone, and I do not think it is so bad as you do. Cheer up. This is a first world problem.

I have a job... no serious illness... family all healthy... most things are working in my life...
    Do not have any time to be sad about a phone release.
    These type of condescending posts on here are getting old. Believe it or not, some people actually want the Blackberry brand to live on for a good many years, and want them to be successful. Not everyone who voices concern for the way the brand is continually mishandled are teenage social media addicts with narcissistic tendencies. Some of us run business that manufacture and sell consumer goods to the masses as well, and are sometimes surprised by the strategies employed by whomever is waving the Blackberry flag this week and/or month. Regardless of leadership changes, they seem to keep stepping into the same pile of dog **** and not caring.
    mister2d, WT44 and Dave Knight2 like this.
    04-21-17 03:09 PM
    These type of condescending posts on here are getting old. Believe it or not, some people actually want the Blackberry brand to live on for a good many years, and want them to be successful. Not everyone who voices concern for the way the brand is continually mishandled are teenage social media addicts with narcissistic tendencies. Some of us run business that manufacture and sell consumer goods to the masses as well, and are sometimes surprised by the strategies employed by whomever is waving the Blackberry flag this week and/or month. Regardless of leadership changes, they seem to keep stepping into the same pile of dog **** and not caring.
    I agree with this. It's almost as though being critical of how things have been done to this point is unacceptable. The fact that response is the way it is just simply tells me those people actually agree with you. If they didn't they would actually defend it with something of substance rather then condescending replies about worse things in the world or first world problems or whatever.
    Heaven forbid people who are pasionate about the brand and want devices to succeed be frustrated and critical.....on a forum about those devices no less.
    mister2d, Dave Knight2 and WT44 like this.
    04-21-17 04:06 PM
    I'd probably make sure I know the name of the company before I post a rant about them. Just sayin.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-21-17 04:11 PM
    Do a quick search ;-)
    04-21-17 04:54 PM
    I'd probably make sure I know the name of the company before I post a rant about them. Just sayin.
    TCT is the communications division of TCL and includes the BlackBerry Mobile and Alcatel brands.

The full name of TCT is TCL Communications Holdings Limited.
    04-21-17 05:57 PM
    Pretty sure TCT and TCL are both correct...
    04-21-17 05:58 PM
    TCT is the communications division of TCL and includes the BlackBerry Mobile and Alcatel brands.

Ah, you beat me by a few seconds, lol. :-P
    04-21-17 05:59 PM
    Feel free to put me on your ignore list.

I am not worried if you like my posts or not, in addition to not being worried about the KEYone release.
    04-21-17 06:09 PM

So did Telephone Come Tomorrow step in since Telephone Come Late bungled the communications?
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    04-21-17 06:21 PM
45 12