I've been patiently waiting since January to do my upgrade on my phone.
    Hoping to get the Keyone I eagerly phoned EE expecting a new BlackBerry to soon be on its way to me but of course they do not offer this phone for upgrades or contracts.
    When I'd calmed down after telling them that it was a stupid business decision to limit people's options, I decided to order a Samsung S8+, as it seemed like the best phone available.
    The phone arrived this morning, on a Sunday. God bless dpd! So without even opening it, I took it to CEX and got nearly £700 cash, left the shop and walked straight across the road to Carphone Warehouse and paid £499.99 for a lovely new BlackBerry KEYone, which will be delivered in a few days and I still have some drinking money in my back pocket.
    Have I made the right decision?

It's arrived, I haven't even turned it on and I already know I've made the right choice.
    This is a really beautiful and unique phone in today's market.
    This feels right in the hand compared to the dtek60, the 60 is just too slippy, this feels better.
    Thank you all for your comments, I'm going to set it up now.
    Last edited by DGreen02; 05-03-17 at 04:10 PM.
    04-30-17 07:24 AM
    Hello you made an awesome decision getting something unique, different and that functions really well. I was lucky to try the KEYᴼᴺᴱ for a few hours at Barcelona launch and was impressed. That was a pre production model! Give us your opinion when you use the KEYᴼᴺᴱ! Good luck!
    Ps that £💷 200 savings is fantastic! Wow!
    04-30-17 07:34 AM
    Good choice.

Cheers!

CB10 on my PP SE
    04-30-17 07:36 AM
    Nobody can decide this for you. All I can say is: If you have been patiently waiting for the KeyOne to become finally available, there is a reason why you were waiting for this particular phone. I have seen a couple of comments here from people who more or less bought other phones like the S8 mostly because they were angry and upset because of all those delays, which I can understand hower the S8 - as good as it might be - is a completely different device than the KeyOne.

So I think you will be fine.
    Hello you made an awesome decision getting something unique, different and that functions really well. I was lucky to try the KEYᴼᴺᴱ for a few hours at Barcelona launch and was impressed. That was a pre production model! Give us your opinion when you use the KEYᴼᴺᴱ! Good luck!
    Ps that £💷 200 savings is fantastic! Wow!
    Thanks ,I cannot wait to get it now.
    Nobody can decide this for you. All I can say is: If you have been patiently waiting for the KeyOne to become finally available, there is a reason why you were waiting for this particular phone. I have seen a couple of comments here from people who more or less bought other phones like the S8 mostly because they were angry and upset because of all those delays, which I can understand hower the S8 - as good as it might be - is a completely different device than the KeyOne.

So I think you will be fine.
    I wouldn't have been happy with the Samsung, I haven't even looked at a single review of it.
    04-30-17 07:39 AM
    Smart individuals always think twice once they have to put some cash down for anything and definitely do not over pay for anything! Congratulations, you will be happy with your choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 07:43 AM
    Welcome to #TeamBlackBerry @DGreen02 😃

I think our answers will be a little biased seeing as this is Crackberry, but the KEYone is one awesome device. Just looking at it from a battery perspective, it's got a larger battery than the S8+ with a smaller screen and lower resolution so you should MANY hours of play time with it

It's built to last and you will feel that when you pick it up. Also, as I'm sure you know, it's got the same camera sensor as the Google Pixel. So photos taken should look top notch.

Let us know how it goes in the first few days. Maybe even some photos of the unboxing!
    04-30-17 07:56 AM
    Good choice and your device will handle everything smoothly for you and when you have some cash to buy drinks for a couple of week also spend some cash in a good memory card.

Also S8 only has some software update's for some hardware as the camera and if you bought the s7 i probaly say it was a better decisions than to buy the s8. Ok the S8 has one new key, the brexit key which is programmable with the KEYone.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 07:59 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Good choice! Enjoy!!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 08:20 AM
    I think that you made a very wise choice, and I would like to thank you for sharing it with us here. Getting KEYone and money back is a very smart move!! WOW!! Amazing.
    04-30-17 08:32 AM
    Very smart move. Well done. If it works for you then that's all that matters.
    04-30-17 08:37 AM
    Simply...astute!

Posted via CB10
    DGreen02 likes this.
    04-30-17 08:46 AM
    It all depends on the upgrade cost you are paying for each month for the phone you took even though you sold it. As for the k1 yes I think you are better off with that phone and will certainly get a lot of attention
    04-30-17 08:52 AM
    Hard to believe but S8 also launched with 7.0 and the K1 with 7.1.1 . A blackberry launched with a newer software version than Samsung!
    04-30-17 09:00 AM
    What you paying,£50 a month for two years?
    04-30-17 09:07 AM
    Upto £60 per month with ee on carphone warehouse to upgrade and £50 per month with o2.
    Edit, and some of them have an upfront cost and all 24 month contract.
    04-30-17 09:12 AM
    Hoping to get the Keyone I eagerly phoned EE expecting a new BlackBerry to soon be on its way to me but of course they do not offer this phone for upgrades or contracts.
    When I'd calmed down after telling them that it was a stupid business decision to limit people's options, I decided to order a Samsung S8+, as it seemed like the best phone available.
    The phone arrived this morning, on a Sunday. God bless dpd! So without even opening it, I took it to CEX and got nearly £700 cash, left the shop and walked straight across the road to Carphone Warehouse and paid £499.99 for a lovely new BlackBerry KEYone, which will be delivered in a few days and I still have some drinking money in my back pocket.
    Ask people on non-Blackberry sites. You must already know what people here would say.
    04-30-17 09:14 AM
    What you paying,£50 a month for two years?
    My contract hasn't increased in price but I am actually getting more data in this package.
    04-30-17 09:56 AM
    In my opinion you did the right thing. Patiently waiting for mine!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    04-30-17 09:58 AM
    My contract hasn't increased in price but I am actually getting more data in this package.
    Superb..
    DGreen02 likes this.
    04-30-17 10:10 AM
    Ask people on non-Blackberry sites. You must already know what people here would say.
    People on other sites would have no clue about KEYone and they won't be pro PKB. At least people here including myself that uses a Google Pixel and prior to that all the BlackBerry's including DTEK 60 still see the benefit of PBK on an Android with great specs.
    Even though most here are pro BlackBerry at least we can see both sides. People on other sites still see BlackBerry as BB10 OS and a dead company. Which just makes them naive.
    04-30-17 10:23 AM
    04-30-17 11:14 AM
    I think you made an awesome choice... I got the S8 and took mine back. I'm just waiting patiently for the KEYᴼᴺᴱ which is well worth the wait. Lucky you, enjoy!
    04-30-17 01:27 PM
    Absolutely.
    04-30-17 02:53 PM
32 12