I still feel that TCL missed the boat on this one
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-17-17 05:49 AM
    Isn't TCL large enough to manage the supply chain more effectively and have more leverage with their suppliers, I thought that was one of the main points of licensing to them.
    Leverage?? I don't think you understand what I'm saying. About half of the preproduction units we saw in Barcelona had really terrible uneven backlighting issues with the keyboards. And the OS was incomplete and lacked very basic BB functions. They confirmed they will do another hardware revision to fix the backlighting before it is finished. If the company who provides the actual keyboard backlighting, for whatever unforeseen reason, takes a little longer to get it all manufactured and shipped, it doesn't matter how great and powerful TCL is, supply is supply. If it's not there it's not there. It's not like they can demand things from thin air... The keyboard issue is just an example, I'm not saying that would be the case.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-17-17 09:47 AM
    We all want this phone right now, with everything working perfectly, at the lowest price possible. No one can deliver on this. If the availability is in May, then we can all complain. Until then, we are just muddying the water. Of course, that is what some CrackBerry members excel at. Have a coffee (or tea) and a cookie, and chill.
    03-17-17 10:46 AM
    They'd better push this baby out in early (and by early I mean the first week of) April... #NoMoreDelay #NoMoreWaiting

Posted via CB10
    herbersh likes this.
    03-17-17 11:13 AM
    I still feel that TCL missed the boat on this one
    On the other hand, BB Merah Putih nailed the whole release for Aurora.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 11:14 AM
    Take a look at the German waiting room: a German site (golem) got from TCL directly the information, that the deliveries are postponed to MAY - i hope this is not the truth.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 11:16 AM
    I can wait a few weeks extra, but I am super excited for this product. If it gets into May I may go crazy tho.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-17-17 11:19 AM
    Take a look at the German waiting room: a German site (golem) got from TCL directly the information, that the deliveries are postponed to MAY - i hope this is not the truth.

Posted via CB10
    They'd better not.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 11:23 AM
    Omg, a few weeks later? I'm going to die!!! Wah!!!!

03-17-17 11:48 AM
    May the 4th be with you!
    03-17-17 12:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thats only for the German market or European probably? Would be surprised if it means in the US too.
    03-17-17 12:49 PM
    Here's a link to a UK Store that mentions, "PRE-ORDER. NO PAYMENT TAKEN. FIRST STOCK EXPECTED LATE APRIL"
    https://www.clove.co.uk/blackberry-keyone

I'm counting that I'll be able to Pre-order in Canada soon!
    03-17-17 01:29 PM
    I just hope I can get it before the second week of June. I have some travel to do then and having LTE band 12 would be helpful.

Although really I want it much earlier than that. >.>

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 02:45 PM
    Do some research and read. Rogers' tweet stated "Released in April".
    Front page CrackBerry article quoted Rogers as say it'll be "available" in April. No clarification what that meant. Pre-order? In stores?

Available is as ambiguous as s "coming soon" with no updates since then.
    03-17-17 05:10 PM
    Omg, a few weeks later? I'm going to die!!! Wah!!!!

You may not die. But how's that going to look on BlackBerry Mobile and TCL? 1st launch and they couldn't even get it right. Stumbled right out of the gate in terms of a launch date. That's IF they're late. But since we don't have an official date, we'll just have to keep flipping coins.

Remember how BlackBerry said 10.3.3 was going to be released and they kept saying "soon". That went from Nov to March to June and then finally they released it. People were pissed. The whole BlackBerry brand has people on their last nerve. So if the brand can't afford any more screw ups. Regardless of whether BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile/TCL is involved, just the brand "BlackBerry" cannot afford to sink any lower.
    03-17-17 05:15 PM
    Oh how I wish that a device release date was one of life's biggest concerns.
    falbo and jakie55 like this.
    03-17-17 05:39 PM
    The sales will be end april by selected operators and BlackBerryMobile and begin May at retailers and that's all folks
    03-17-17 05:41 PM
    Oh how I wish that a device release date was one of life's biggest concerns.
    This
    03-19-17 12:23 PM
    The sales will be end april by selected operators and BlackBerryMobile and begin May at retailers and that's all folks
    Source is always appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 12:29 PM
    Source is always appreciated.
    Several sites have now revised their in-stock dates to the end of April or early May.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-19-17 02:43 PM
    I hope Blackberry doesn't use Digital River in NJ again to ship the phones- they were the worst at customer service that I have ever seen..
    03-20-17 04:20 PM
    I hope Blackberry doesn't use Digital River in NJ again to ship the phones- they were the worst at customer service that I have ever seen..
    BlackBerry isn't responsible for sales of the KEYone. It will be sold through TCL and BlackBerry Mobile.
    03-20-17 06:00 PM
    Didn't say I thought releasing an unfinished product was better. Wouldn't want a repeat of the Z10.

But it seems that anything with the BlackBerry brand seems to not be able to release on time. Other companies don't seem to have a problem meeting their deadlines for product release.
    Samsung just rolled back the S8, everyone expected it at MWC and they said nope still coming 'soon'.

Apple rolled back their airpods how many times?

It happens. Like slagman said it would be best if they released a complete whole, polished product. There's a lot of factors that go into the timeframe. Ideally it is perfect and it's available on schedule, but comon we live in a real world where that's not really a reality, and when it does happen, it's by chance almost. It'll happen, it'll get here, altho I understand the anticipation. I'm anxiously awaiting it too

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-20-17 06:21 PM
    Samsung just rolled back the S8, everyone expected it at MWC and they said nope still coming 'soon'.

Apple rolled back their airpods how many times?

It happens. Like slagman said it would be best if they released a complete whole, polished product. There's a lot of factors that go into the timeframe. Ideally it is perfect and it's available on schedule, but comon we live in a real world where that's not really a reality, and when it does happen, it's by chance almost. It'll happen, it'll get here, altho I understand the anticipation. I'm anxiously awaiting it too

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    So because everyone expected it at MWC Congress, that means it was rolled back? Samsung didn't say anything about MWC. However it looks like it will still come before or around same time as the KEYone.
    03-20-17 06:28 PM
49 12