Die Hoffnung (April-Release) stirbt zuletzt ;-)
    03-12-17 05:07 AM
    Even if it will be early of May: There is no other device like the KeyOne, so waiting another four weeks won't be a problem for myself. Of course other, more impatient people might have different feelings, yet considering the only physical keyboard alternatives are either the Priv, the S7 with that odd keyboard case or the Moto Z with that modded keyboard backcover, the additional wait will be worth it.
    03-12-17 05:11 AM
    @Taigatrommel

Exactly.

I am already happy that they do a pkb phone. But again, I can understand if people just want it to be there already ;-)

CB10 on my PP SE
    03-12-17 07:17 AM
    I don't think the release-date will matter at all.
    Like the priv, it just wont sell cause there is no real market for it.(in my opinion not even companys will drop their actual devices for the K1)
    the majority of people moved on to "slabs"
    03-12-17 02:46 PM
    I still do not understand. Didn't they say the device will be available starting April?!
    They did - but when release dates are announced, they are usually for the US market..

When was any BlackBerry (or many other phones for that matter) released at exactly the same time in Europe and the US? There is usually a delay.. the question is only how long. 1 month is pretty short - if you think back to previous BBs it was often much longer.
    03-12-17 03:43 PM
    I hope it will be available through Telekom. There were only a few in the past though.
    03-12-17 04:16 PM
    I hope it will be available through Telekom. There were only a few in the past though.
    Somewhere earlier this month somebody posted Telekom will indeed carry the KeyOne and should have it available at release.
    03-12-17 05:20 PM
    Somewhere earlier this month somebody posted Telekom will indeed carry the KeyOne and should have it available at release.
    Wow, that would be amazing. Hopefully it was Deutsche Telekom and not T-Mobile US only.
    03-12-17 05:34 PM
    Appeared at Saturn, too. Same release date of 4th of May, though.
    03-14-17 07:16 AM
    Thank you guys!!!! German status gives us a bit of light on Key1´s arrival in Europe.
    I am in Spain and so far nothing. In any case, I just decided to take it from Amazon.es.
    Best costumer service ever and real warranty. If you find any bug on the phone (e.g. a physical key that is not working properly) they simply replace the unit of give the money back with zero fight and time-wasting.
    03-14-17 01:16 PM
    Thank you guys!!!! German status gives us a bit of light on Key1´s arrival in Europe.
    I am in Spain and so far nothing. In any case, I just decided to take it from Amazon.es.
    Best costumer service ever and real warranty. If you find any bug on the phone (e.g. a physical key that is not working properly) they simply replace the unit of give the money back with zero fight and time-wasting.
    Thats true. In terms of replacement/money back, Amazon rocks. I always buy the phones on Amazon if available. Same with KEYone. I can wait a few weeks longer in case they need more time to get it from the suppliers, i dont need to preorder it or buy it on release day at another place.
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    03-14-17 01:42 PM
    Hi,
    do we know, which type of PKB will be sold on the german market? QWERTZ or QWERTY?
    03-15-17 03:49 AM
    Hi,
    do we know, which type of PKB will be sold on the german market? QWERTZ or QWERTY?
    QWERTZ, of course.
    03-15-17 04:28 AM
    Nice to see a QWERTZ model by TCL to arrive in germany, although on the MediaMarkt website they are using the english QWERTY photos.
    03-15-17 04:59 AM
    although on the MediaMarkt website they are using the english QWERTY photos.
    Presskit photos. I think it was the same with the PRIV.
    03-15-17 05:06 AM
    Presskit photos. I think it was the same with the PRIV.
    Nope back then the qwertz photos were shown, but still I guess it's qwertz:

/blackberry-priv-f440/germany-priv-waiting-room-1045406-post12033762/
    03-15-17 05:10 AM
    TCL stated to Golem.de there will be a localized german version with QWERTZ layout.
    gizmo21 and simplyBB like this.
    03-15-17 05:45 AM
    I still do not understand. Didn't they say the device will be available starting April?!

I'm sure, if you would contact these resellers, that they can't confirm a release-date and MAY is more a guesstimate or hopefully a worst-case scenario.

Posted via CB10

They said "in April", not "starting April", if I remember correctly.
    In order to fulfil this promise, they only have to make it available in - let's say - Pakistan, on April 30th.
    They never said where it will be available, and when exactly.
    I would be very pleasantly surprised, if it would be generally available for the German speaking countries, with a QWERTZ keyboard, in early April.
    03-15-17 07:48 AM
    They did - but when release dates are announced, they are usually for the US market..

When was any BlackBerry (or many other phones for that matter) released at exactly the same time in Europe and the US? There is usually a delay.. the question is only how long. 1 month is pretty short - if you think back to previous BBs it was often much longer.
    KEYone was supposed to hit Europe first, elsewhere later.

Posted via CB10
    mbirth likes this.
    03-15-17 08:08 AM
    KEYone was supposed to hit Europe first, elsewhere later.

Posted via CB10
    That would be excellent. But i cant see it
    03-15-17 08:49 AM
    MediaMarkt just confirmed me that is is going to be QWERTZ regardless of the layout shown in the exemplary image on their website.

Posted via BBClassic
    03-15-17 02:42 PM
    03-17-17 03:26 AM
    That's unfortunate but not too surprising, why should releases be handled better under TCL than they were handled under BBRY directly? At least for me, the delay is not much of a problem.
    03-17-17 03:55 AM
    A month more or less isnt a great deal. I didnt expect an early April release in Europe anyway. Probably more middle/end April. If it will be beginning of May, thats fine with me
    03-17-17 06:40 AM
    Well, unfortunately this was confirmed by tcl, that May is the new date. **** ...
    Last edited by Bostil1987; 03-17-17 at 10:26 AM.
    03-17-17 07:03 AM
818 1234 ...