There's always a lot of talk about the marketing efforts of BlackBerry and a lot of the instant feedback you saw from the unveiling was the fact that they didn't really place any emphasis on the features or what makes this phone different other than the security.

A couple of the things I would market:

Capacitive Keyboard - this is such a huge feature in my mind. You're not constantly touching the screen, allows for great multitasking ability, plus the fingerprint scanner is directly in the keyboard and supports dry and WET fingers. How cool is that??

Camera - This phone seems to have a fantastic camera and a lot of people find the camera to be an extremely important part of any new purchase.

Shortcuts - There is not another device that can have this amount of shortcuts and ease of use. (They went over this a bit but I think it should be built out and shown more)
    whatsever likes this.
    03-03-17 11:07 AM
    Agree completely with the 3 you listed... It's makes it stand out from all the other slab Android devices out there..

Mainly the PKB and shortcuts.. The camera should be stellar but so are most other flagships these days..
    meattray likes this.
    03-03-17 11:20 AM
    Why should I marketing the KEYone lol if people ask then I will answer it , but I won't marketing the device around ROTFL
    03-03-17 11:23 AM
    All out on the KEYboard! That's the main differentiator.

Posted via CB10
    meattray likes this.
    03-03-17 11:25 AM
    Agree completely with the 3 you listed... It's makes it stand out from all the other slab Android devices out there..

Mainly the PKB and shortcuts.. The camera should be stellar but so are most other flagships these days..
    Main reason I stated the camera is that, like the app gap, was always one of the biggest issues people had with getting a BlackBerry phone. They weren't known for having the best cameras or apps which I think it just needs to be hammered home to people a little bit that BlackBerry mobile is a new breed with improvements in areas that the general consumer loves while still catering to the needs of the BlackBerry faithful.
    raqball and Sigewif like this.
    03-03-17 11:44 AM
    It has a touch sensitive pkb..... Done!

CB10 on my PP SE
    meattray likes this.
    03-03-17 11:45 AM
    Android meets BlackBerry in qwerty and beyond. Alle secured an with blackberry messenger and dtek you get your privacy and freedom back. Share all you want without leaving a online footprint and gain back your freedom with BlackBerry secure android smartphones.

Get back your privacy, get back your freedom, get Blaclberry KEYone

They should hire Morgan Freeman to tell you this in straight in too the camera. Bothing fancy

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 11:52 AM
    It has a touch sensitive pkb..... Done!

CB10 on my PP SE
    What an awesome feature hey? It's crazy the amount of options you have with a PKB and different features you can implement. Maybe they can implement the fingerprint scanner like some of the new pixel devices where you can use the swipes on it to pull down notification shade and potentially program it for different uses as well?
    03-03-17 11:53 AM
    The user experience - such as the Hub. I love this feature and no other device I have used comes close. I am sure people will jump on me and recommend numerous apps that can do a similar thing, but I just like the way BB have got it set up. It works and it works well.

Obviously the PKB is a selling point on the device, just not one I feel is as popular as it once was. A lot of newer phone users have grown up completely accustomed to touchscreen KBs. To them the PKB is a completely alien concept. However, come up with an effective marketing tool that makes it 'cool' and 'relevant' to the masses again and you could be onto something. (As you can tell, marketing is by no means something I am good at.)
    meattray likes this.
    03-03-17 11:54 AM
    Market on the keyboard...

I mean most phones all have cameras, so is that really a selling point? Either the camera is better than most or worse than most. Has that really stopped people from buying a particular phone or not? Did anybody look at the Priv and say I am/am not going to get that phone because of the camera?? I don't think so and I don't think they will base their decision on buying a KEYone on its camera.

As for shortcuts, that's been around as long as BBOS phones have existed. So either you like vkb or pkb or not for the shortcuts. Which brings us full circle back to the keyboard. To market on the basis of anything else is a stretch.

Maybe I don't want to buy it do to the 3:2 screen size and concerns apps won't look right or be available.

What about the fingerprint sensor in the spacebar??
    meattray likes this.
    03-03-17 12:06 PM
    What an awesome feature hey? It's crazy the amount of options you have with a PKB and different features you can implement. Maybe they can implement the fingerprint scanner like some of the new pixel devices where you can use the swipes on it to pull down notification shade and potentially program it for different uses as well?
    Yeah still many options to implement here. My hope is they implement a cursor mode at some point. Like tapping three time brings up the cursor and then you can use the pkb to move around. Double tap in cursor mode is a click.... Hahaha imagine Jon Ive videos explaining the feature. 'The simplicity', 'fundamental functionality'....

CB10 on my PP SE
    03-03-17 12:08 PM
    Market on the keyboard...

I mean most phones all have cameras, so is that really a selling point? Either the camera is better than most or worse than most. Has that really stopped people from buying a particular phone or not? Did anybody look at the Priv and say I am/am not going to get that phone because of the camera?? I don't think so and I don't think they will base their decision on buying a KEYone on its camera.

As for shortcuts, that's been around as long as BBOS phones have existed. So either you like vkb or pkb or not for the shortcuts. Which brings us full circle back to the keyboard. To market on the basis of anything else is a stretch.

Maybe I don't want to buy it do to the 3:2 screen size and concerns apps won't look right or be available.

What about the fingerprint sensor in the spacebar??

A better camera has influenced certain people to buy types of phones. My wife for example went with the IPhone strictly due to the camera. She isn't into phones that much so doesn't necessarily care about a lot of the other features but an excellent camera and access to basic apps is what she required.

As for the shortcuts being around for a long time...absolutely but I think this is a way to differentiate this phone from other android slabs. I'm looking at ways to make this attractive to other people who may not be familiar with BlackBerry or maybe haven't owned a PKB device before.

Like you said I absolutely think this whole phone is based off of the keyboard and showing all of its features is a great selling point.

Excellent feedback.
    03-03-17 12:09 PM
    Yeah still many options to implement here. My hope is they implement a cursor mode at some point. Like tapping three time brings up the cursor and then you can use the pkb to move around. Double tap in cursor mode is a click.... Hahaha imagine Jon Ive videos explaining the feature. 'The simplicity', 'fundamental functionality'....

CB10 on my PP SE
    That's a great idea too. I feel like they should be something they could implement and a logical feature. Thanks for sharing!
    03-03-17 12:10 PM
    Totally agreed with your points.
    meattray likes this.
    03-03-17 03:15 PM
    Torn between a pkb and apps? Now with the KEYone, you can have both. No need to compromise.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    meattray likes this.
    03-03-17 07:19 PM
    Torn between a pkb and apps? Now with the KEYone, you can have both. No need to compromise.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    True.

My wife has the Priv...and yes it also has apps and a pkb but the slider thing just is not my cup of tea.

CB10 on my PP SE
    03-04-17 05:32 AM
    There's always a lot of talk about the marketing efforts of BlackBerry and a lot of the instant feedback you saw from the unveiling was the fact that they didn't really place any emphasis on the features or what makes this phone different other than the security.

A couple of the things I would market:

Capacitive Keyboard - this is such a huge feature in my mind. You're not constantly touching the screen, allows for great multitasking ability, plus the fingerprint scanner is directly in the keyboard and supports dry and WET fingers. How cool is that??

Camera - This phone seems to have a fantastic camera and a lot of people find the camera to be an extremely important part of any new purchase.

Shortcuts - There is not another device that can have this amount of shortcuts and ease of use. (They went over this a bit but I think it should be built out and shown more)
    Maybe the keyboard.
    03-04-17 06:07 AM
    Keyboard

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 07:22 AM
    Does it have a selfie flash?

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-04-17 07:30 AM
    So we all love the keyboard and think it's the differentiating factor. Not really a surprise.

What's the best feature of the keyboard that's going to appeal to the majority of people?

I think you could easily spend a full segment just showing the different tricks with the keyboard like swiping up to text, capacitive touch allowing you to scroll pages and social media, fingerprint in the space bar, shortcuts!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 07:49 AM