I was about purchase a Oneplus 3T phone this week when the Keyone came onto my radar. I've had the Bold, Q10, and Priv (which I never ended up using much, and continue to use the Q10). The Keyone sounds great, but I am wondering how the initial execution will be. For example, with my Q10 it took many many months just to get the speed dial keys functioning through updates.

Is the TCL Corporation a very good company that will hopefully minimize any snafu's initially? (Nobody has a crystal ball I assume, but just a general idea for where to set expectations would be helpful in decision making).

All that being said, this looks amazing, and I would like to buy it when available over other phones.

Thanks
    04-18-17 04:29 PM
    With BlackBerry doing the software one would hope everything will be integrated perfectly with the hardware out of the box. And with the continued delays that tells me they want to get it right day 1. ??
    PritK likes this.
    04-18-17 05:04 PM
    The KEYone software is just another iteration of what BlackBerry developed for the PRIV and the DTEKs.

TCL has already proven itself by building the DTEK50 and 60 as well as a number of Alcatel brand phones.
    PritK likes this.
    04-18-17 05:37 PM
    With this being their first official phone as BB Mobile, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Although maybe you can ask Dtek owners how those phones are as they are made by the same company...
    PritK likes this.
    04-18-17 11:07 PM
    With this being their first official phone as BB Mobile, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Although maybe you can ask Dtek owners how those phones are as they are made by the same company...
    Although repeated, I love the hardware on my DTEK60. It may be slippery, but it feels very well built and premium. (Better than PRIV). Clear case provided adds a ton of grip.
    04-18-17 11:25 PM
    Although repeated, I love the hardware on my DTEK60. It may be slippery, but it feels very well built and premium. (Better than PRIV). Clear case provided adds a ton of grip.
    I've had no issues with my not slippery DTEK 50, and thanks to finally giving up on BlackBerry Link and making the move to BlackBerry Android, there's no looking back.
    04-18-17 11:36 PM
    I've had no issues with my not slippery DTEK 50, and thanks to finally giving up on BlackBerry Link and making the move to BlackBerry Android, there's no looking back.
    Link was a very inconsistent piece of software. Launched with many bugs that were never properly resolved. Android being a cloud-based OS works much better for pretty much everything.
    04-18-17 11:38 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to read up on DTEK a bit.. I've been out of the BB loop for a while.
    04-19-17 08:23 AM
    I am sure there will be a few initial bumps in the road just like every new device has.
    04-19-17 10:53 AM