Hi
    Not sure where else to put this as I'm not selling these myself.
    I got my KEYone from ebay (used), but in mint condition a few weeks ago for £300. The same seller has a few more (£330) if anyone wants to take a look:

BlackBerry KeyOne 32GB Black Unlocked Simfree Grade A Mint Free Insured P&P | eBay

The one I got was in mint condition, no scratches, and seemed to work fine. I've had it around 2 weeks now with no issues and a few drops---nothing has popped out!

I thought it might interest some of you who don't want to splash our £500 but who have an old priv which wll sell for £100-150 on ebay and you should then be able to grab one.

Word of warning, I ALWAYS record a video of opening the parcel and also switching on and the usual checks like software update, screen condition, audio condition etc. Might be worth doing that just in case you need to open a dispute.

That said, I ordered one after my Priv died, and I haven't looked back !!
    08-18-17 07:50 AM
    Hi
    That said, I ordered one after my Priv died, and I haven't looked back !!
    Thanks for the heads up, the video while unboxing is a good idea in general. But how did your Priv suddenly die? I'm eyeing one on eBay for a secondary/backup device and I have some mixed feelings about it as some love it and others had terrible experience. (This might not be the right thread/forum for this )
    08-18-17 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the heads up, the video while unboxing is a good idea in general. But how did your Priv suddenly die? I'm eyeing one on eBay for a secondary/backup device and I have some mixed feelings about it as some love it and others had terrible experience. (This might not be the right thread/forum for this )
    I spent a while in the PRIV thread discussing thing. Basically it SUDDENLY died after a security update and woudln't respond using the standard 3 methods for forcing a boot, nor the 'plug-unplug' method. Ended up randomly finding the £300 quid and pressed BUY IT NOW!! Managed to sell the old Priv for parts for £120, so they do hold their value.
    The KEYone is fast !....the PRIV has an amazing screen---depends on what you want !
    08-18-17 08:20 AM
    Hmmm. Looks like a good deal. I've already told myself I'll wait next year when price of the KeyOne eventually softens, but this ebay offer is tempting.

As for the Priv, I got mine late last year and it has been faultless. Looks like most Privs released from mid year 2016 have less to no issues...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-17 08:22 AM
    Hmmm. Looks like a good deal. I've already told myself I'll wait next year when price of the KeyOne eventually softens, but this ebay offer is tempting.

As for the Priv, I got mine late last year and it has been faultless. Looks like most Privs released from mid year 2016 have less to no issues...

Posted via CB10
    Thats what I thought too, that as with any device, later/latest builds are less prone to software/hardware issues, but by that time the hype has long worn off. This could be due to decreasing in demand (therefore more time for proper quality control) + knowledge of manufacturers of early build faults
    08-18-17 08:37 AM
    Thats what I thought too, that as with any device, later/latest builds are less prone to software/hardware issues, but by that time the hype has long worn off. This could be due to decreasing in demand (therefore more time for proper quality control) + knowledge of manufacturers of early build faults
    I've learned my lesson all these years. In the beginning I always am first in line with new gadget releases. But in the last seven years, I've learned to curb my appetite to be the guinea pig with a fresh release of any gadget and so far, the reward is a lower cost, a better hardware build, and a more polished software.

That being said, it's really difficult to fight the temptation to jump into the KeyOne pool right now. Must. Resist. Urge.
    08-18-17 08:51 AM
    I've learned my lesson all these years. In the beginning I always am first in line with new gadget releases. But in the last seven years, I've learned to curb my appetite to be the guinea pig with a fresh release of any gadget and so far, the reward is a lower cost, a better hardware build, and a more polished software.

That being said, it's really difficult to fight the temptation to jump into the KeyOne pool right now. Must. Resist. Urge.
    Well...the "guinea pig" period with the KEYone seems to have passed, and you not being first in line has earned you a non screen ejector model!
    08-18-17 09:14 AM

Well...the "guinea pig" period with the KEYone seems to have passed, and you not being first in line has earned you a non screen ejector model!
    08-18-17 09:14 AM