No; specs are a downgrade in every way, and I just bought this darn phone in November.
    good point on the latter, lol.
    01-29-17 10:56 PM
    good point on the latter, lol.

Well it night have an RGB LED which would be an upgrade lol

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 03:14 AM
    I'll be buying one as soon as it's available. Not because of specs, design, pkb, or anything else. I'll be buying it because BlackBerry dammit, that's why. I'm a diehard fanboy of the worst kind and I HAVE to buy it.....because of reasons.

Other than that, I think it looks cool and I can't wait to shove it in peoples faces as I explain, "Tool, not toy." in the most indignant, smug way possible. Why? Because BlackBerry, that's why.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    01-30-17 05:15 PM
    I will join you. Regardless of specs.

"Tool not toy" is perfect.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-30-17 06:47 PM
    I just got my DTEK60 a few days ago and I love it, but that Mercury is new. I like new.
    01-30-17 07:57 PM
    I am totally jealous, the DTEK 60 came out 3 months ago? And people are itching to buy the next wunder phone? If I don't get a least 4 years use out of a phone, I feel like I have been wasteful.
    01-30-17 09:33 PM
    No; specs are a downgrade in every way, and I just bought this darn phone in November.
    Agreed, a downgrade for the consumer looking for the best that TCL/BlackBerry can offer. But as you know, the company is focused on the enterprise and government markets first and foremost, so this rumored Mercury with 625 SoC would fit the bill, and be priced as affordable for the aforementioned markets, too. For us BlackBerry consumer fans, we will get a mid-range (and priced) PKB device with decent battery and hopefully to be released to all major carriers as well as unlocked. Still, I still hold out for a user-replaceable battery. And perhaps if Mercury does well, we will see a high-end PKB this year or next as the worthy PRIV successor.
    01-30-17 10:50 PM
    This phone looks so good and defiantly want one could finally be the upgrade for me from my blackberry q10. Just looking at this phone I am in love.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 01:27 AM
    I buy them all. Off to the next one
    01-31-17 02:17 AM
    Not a downgrade for battery life, physical keyboard and maybe camera.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 03:11 AM
    Well it night have an RGB LED which would be an upgrade lol

Posted via CB10
    And it might have a better camera too if they get the same sensor as the Google pixel and the software plays nicely. The pixel's HDR+ works so bloody well!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 04:17 AM
    Agreed, a downgrade for the consumer looking for the best that TCL/BlackBerry can offer. But as you know, the company is focused on the enterprise and government markets first and foremost, so this rumored Mercury with 625 SoC would fit the bill, and be priced as affordable for the aforementioned markets, too. For us BlackBerry consumer fans, we will get a mid-range (and priced) PKB device with decent battery and hopefully to be released to all major carriers as well as unlocked. Still, I still hold out for a user-replaceable battery. And perhaps if Mercury does well, we will see a high-end PKB this year or next as the worthy PRIV successor.
    Wow. I have kept replaceable battery phones FAR longer than sealed ones. And I'd wondered whether the Mercury might buck the trend. Do we know, for sure, that it doesn't have a replaceable battery? Too much to hope for, I suppose.

Actually, I'd sidelined two concerns that are not answered by every single post on the World Wide Web about the Mercury (because I've read them all): replaceable battery and antenna.

One hopes that BlackBerry's paratek antennas (or better) make it into the final copy. The signal reception of my Passport was epic.

As for battery, I am just holding my breath.
    01-31-17 09:08 AM
    Yes
    01-31-17 11:10 AM
    If chip is 821 with better camera then yes. Anything less no.
    Exactly!
    02-04-17 08:33 PM
    Exactly!
    So that's a no, then.
    02-05-17 12:20 AM
    I am pretty happy right
    Now with my versatility with these Z10-Z30-Leap-Classic-Passport-Priv-Dtek 60 so maybe end of year when go on sale this time. Spent full price and got them the day they came out on these phones. So now I deserve a better price or win a Mercury. Really enjoying the Dtek60 though.
    02-05-17 01:04 AM
41 12