Did any of you ever receive an e-mail from BlackBerry Mobile after pre-registering at BlackBerry® KEYone | United States - Official Website? Is it possible that I missed the updates and on sale information? See people listed with marketing titles at TCL, but it seems like they must be occupied with other projects. Thank you.
    05-17-17 12:43 PM
    Did any of you ever receive an e-mail from BlackBerry Mobile after pre-registering at BlackBerry® KEYone | United States - Official Website? Is it possible that I missed the updates and on sale information? See people listed with marketing titles at TCL, but it seems like they must be occupied with other projects. Thank you.
    No, they have my email address and I want it back
    05-17-17 12:55 PM
    Well, TCL is a very reputable company. Perhaps , this being the first time getting this new line in sync takes a bit more programming .
    Considering the number of "test" launches we've seen, I'd say it's all a mystery and we may never know the truth.

But, fear not! This gives you extra time to see the pros and cons of what has only just begun to be tested by the public.
    I do believe the next launch is scheduled for May 31st. (not sure if it's test or not)
    I've learned to just stay calm and not to expect anything. That way when something DOES happen,
    I'll be that much more excited!
    05-17-17 01:08 PM
    No, they have my email address and I want it back
    You should Email them about that!!
    05-17-17 01:09 PM
    See people listed with marketing titles at TCL, but it seems like they must be occupied with other projects. Thank you.
    You mean other than those CrackBerry users who are going to buy the KEYone because they want it and already know it's coming very soon?

Yes, the other much larger "project" involves marketing the KEYone and the BlackBerry brand to carriers, governments and enterprise customers, something Steve Cisculli said they would be working on over the next couple years.
    05-17-17 01:30 PM
    Can't speak to carriers or government entities, but interested enterprise customers also aren't receiving any updates. Doesn't seem to make much sense. Radio silence, to any group of potentially interested customers (especially those that signed up months ago to receive updates), seems rather short-sighted.
    05-17-17 01:36 PM
    The marketing department consists entirely of the intern, who works part-time with no pay.
    anon(3732391) and EndRacism like this.
    05-17-17 01:40 PM
    They certainly have a marketing department, but they may not have a team for direct marketing to consumers. I don't know if they've ever done that before for any products.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-17-17 01:41 PM
    Why ask people to sign up for updates, months ago, if they didn't intend to provide any?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-17-17 01:44 PM
    Why ask people to sign up for updates, months ago, if they didn't intend to provide any?
    Cheaper and more successful than spamming you with Nigerian riches claims.
    05-17-17 01:53 PM
    Did any of you ever receive an e-mail from BlackBerry Mobile after pre-registering at BlackBerry® KEYone | United States - Official Website?
    Well, for one I didn't pre-register. I simply registered.

As did you.

And yes, I've received three or four emails from them. Not about the K1; rather, about their other products they're trying to push.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-17-17 01:55 PM
    Zero response for me. I sent them my email quite a long time ago.
    Sad that such a wonderful device will spell the end of Blackberry devices if they don't get their heads out of their dark side. This is the most pathetic example of marketing a product. This entire Keyone scenerio would make a great case-study for a college business MBA program on how NOT to market a product.
    This whole fiasco tells me that a KeyTwo will never see the light of day.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-17-17 01:58 PM
    The button on the website says, "Pre-Register."
    05-17-17 01:59 PM
    Accept what everyone is saying. It take time to get it together.
    And in the meantime, the sign up gives them some idea of how many of you are interested.
    I think you guys just love to hear yourselves talk, because you can't debate that which you know nothing about.
    If you knew, you wouldn't have this thread.
    You'd be in a different thread complaining about all the things you don't like about the K1 and not about your email!

I'm right aren't I ??? Yeah, I know it! It's a gift!!!
    05-17-17 02:58 PM
    The button on the website says, "Pre-Register."
    Yeah! So, what's your point? I mean, if someone told you to jump off a bridge......
    05-17-17 03:02 PM
    Well, for one I didn't pre-register. I simply registered.
    As did you.
    And yes, I've received three or four emails from them. Not about the K1; rather, about their other products they're trying to push.

Now, here's a member I trust!!!

"Pre" has no business being a part of the English language!!
    05-17-17 03:05 PM
    Apple does this too. I'll usually already have the device before they get around to emailing me.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 03:40 PM
    I doubt they have an active marketing department.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 04:10 PM
    I bet we see an email update when they actually have something to update us on. Right now the only confirmed carrier in the States in Sprint. Otherwise the information is that you can pre-order in Canada tomorrow and available in the states on the 31st.

I'm not happy about the radio silence either but as long as I can buy my unlocked version for Verizon at the end of this month I'm good.
    05-17-17 04:13 PM
    Guys this is first time TCL is working with BlackBerry so I know it's bit rusty but give them a chance and be easy on them! Without TCL, there will be no BlackBerry device and crackberry.
    Sigewif likes this.
    05-17-17 04:49 PM
    Pre-registration would typically be followed-up by information about an actual release -- especially one that is, supposedly, two weeks away. The KEYone launched more than 80 days ago, was due to be released in April, was pushed to the very last day in May, and, as of May 17th, there is absolutely no information available about the release beyond that such information is "coming soon." On a personal note, we've already purchased the last four BlackBerry Classics that we were able to find in all of New York City, just after TCL/BlackBerry Mobile/BlackBerry dropped the ball on the April date. Silence, with the next deadline approaching, does not inspire confidence. Does this now mean the end of June? My colleagues and I have been using BlackBerry devices since 2000/2001 and genuinely rely on these to get our work done. The uncertainty around the launch of this device has been rather frustrating. To the larger community, everyone still using a BlackBerry device in 2017 is a default BlackBerry ambassador. Each of us is, most likely, asked rather often why we still use a Blackberry instead of an iPhone or other device. Many of us have also told others about the impending arrival of the KEYone, perhaps even convinced others to wait for it, and are now forced to defend a poorly executed release. Why does it seem like the people in these forums care more about BlackBerry than the people working at BlackBerry Mobile/TCL?
    megafan2000 likes this.
    05-17-17 05:05 PM
    You should Email them about that!!
    You should take a long walk on a pier, take a floating device with you
    05-17-17 05:29 PM
    Yes they have a marketing department. It is run by squirrels.

Posted via Commodore 64
    05-17-17 07:01 PM
    Yes they have a marketing department. It is run by squirrels.

Posted via Commodore 64
    Nope, not quite. I've actually seen their marketing & communications department. It's run by an infinite number of monkeys typing away at an infinite number of typewriters.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    05-17-17 09:09 PM
    Patience everyone..... I think most will be surprised. Nothing like a Apple or Samsung launch but next 3-4 weeks could be surprising to all here.
    05-17-17 09:52 PM
38 12