I'd give the BlackBerry KEYone a 9/10.

It's an amazing phone and so far hasn't stuttered once, the battery is absolutely amazing and there finally is a usable keyboard on an android device.

Only things I currently don't like to much is the android notification center (swipe down) which was changed from marshmallow and now is kind of difficult to read on a quick glance and the glossy keyboard which makes your thumbs feel sweaty

Other than that it's an amazing phone and I'm very excited how it fares in the next months!
    JT26 likes this.
    05-18-17 05:16 AM
    9/10. Love it.

Needs a few more updates from what I can tell.
    -It needs some hub custom view shortcuts.

-Pressing the hub icon or using a keyboard shortcut needs to save drafts, reset the app and take people back to the hub like it does on bb10 (instead of the folder they were in last).

- the device search needs to reset itself everytime you minimise it (like it does on bb10)

-Am still hoping BlackBerry fixes the android web browsing and filemanagement experience by releasing their own apps (and integrating them with the device search)

- They need to bring back the marshmallow swipe gestures.

- shortcuts need to work from the recent app screen.

-I'm not sure why theres an android toolbelt. Would prefer if the screen was 10mm bigger or the device was 10mm shorter. Boggles the mind.

Overall very happy. The first android device that doesn't annoy the hell out of me.
    Last edited by mikeydodds; 05-18-17 at 10:43 PM.
    05-18-17 03:24 PM
    My sentiments exactly here. I'm from NY but ordered Keyone U.K. Version from Selfridges day of release because that's how much of a fan I am of Blackberry. I've ordered every single blackberry that's been launched for the past 10 years and I just can't bring myself to keeping this thing. I've ordered a new sealed classic as a secondary device to bring along with my iPhone.

- it's odd to hold like you said when lying down or relaxing on couch

- it generally feels slow in just about every activity compared to iPhone 7

Stilly buggy:

trying to click a link on a web page if there are multiple links

taking a photo from messages app results in horrible quality

phone rings and doesn't display caller Id for a few seconds

Takes multiple taps to disconnect a phone call

Trying here fellas but it's just not fluid enough compared to iOS device and bb10

Im curious to hear how many of those who actually love this device are coming from a late Model iPhone or BB10 product...

On 1-10 scale I'de say for my case a 5
    1. Power button hangs up calls if you turn it on in accessibility

2. Use the shortcuts, generally not to launch apps, but to perform tasks within apps. It'll perform tasks in one touch whereas on an iphone it will take 2-4. In other words the keyone will be at least twice as fast if you use it properly.

Interesting about the caller i.d delay. I haven't noticed a problem.

I own q10's, passports, a priv, an xperia and an iphone se. The q10's are still going strong, used and appreciated by my staff, the passports are still in a league of their own for in depth emailing, messaging, web browsing and filemanaging. The priv is appreciated and used by my wife (battery drain from gaming annoys her) the iphone and xperia are paper weights and only kept for emergencies. The keyone is awesome. Almost good enough for me to move on from bb10 completely.
    It's currently just my non work phone.

That said it needs a bit of tweaking. Would probably buy a bb10 version of the keyone for work.
    05-18-17 10:42 PM
    I absolutely wanted to love but I just a) wasn't falling back in love with a PKB and b) wasn't falling in love with Android (been an iOS user for a long time, since I owned my last Bold!).

I realised how much I typed using one hand AND how much I typed in bed, both of which I was finding tough to with the PKB.

For people who absolutely must have and love a PKB, they will adore this phone. It is so well made and feels like a real quality product. Unfortunately it wasn't for me so I've exchanged for iPhone again and think that's my last ever PKB probably. :-(
    So to solve this issue, try turning on swype typing. I understand it wasn't an option initially but apparently a recent update added it similar to the Priv. It's not perfect or as good as swipe on a vkb but it does the job. This is why reviewers and CB need to highlight this feature.
    05-18-17 10:44 PM
    10/10, love this phone. Coming from Passport. And once I found the Keyboard Browser for my Keyone so that I can use pkb shortcuts while browsing - I've been very very happy.
    05-19-17 01:58 AM
    9/10 purely because of my 2000+ itunes songs. It's such a hassle transferring. But it's well worth it.
    05-19-17 04:28 AM

Camera is so good...better than S8 and iPhone by far and I love the pro settings
    05-19-17 04:29 AM
    The KEYone is a great phone

Why

Looks great , but also feels great in the hand , I used to be a Passport se user (best bb10 phone ever )
    This is like a mini Passport with all the apps

Great battery life, also fantastic build quality, feels like it will last forever...love it
    Does the extra height actually give you more screen real estate than the Passport? I'm a big fan of the Passport screen because of the amount of reading and writing I do. I think split screen will be awesome for my use. Also USB-C for sharing large files.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 05:23 AM
    I think split screen will be awesome for my use.
    On S7Edge split screen is not very usable when I have to type in one of the apps. Because keyboard would pop up and cover more than a third of the screen, AND, when it pops up, the content you intend to look at on the top window would shift out of the screen, so you have to go and swipe it back in. But when you go back to top window, the keyboard for the bottom window would disappear so the content on the top window would pop back. It's hard to move the content in the right position on the top window so it would appear in the screen when the keyboard at the bottom reappear again.

Someone did not think this feature through at Google
    05-19-17 08:24 AM
    Some great feedback and constructive criticism in this thread, thanks all.
    05-19-17 12:30 PM
    While I loved the KeyOne I ended up returning mine. My keyboard squeak on my "a" key got worse and worse. I'll probably get another one later down the road once the initial batches get out.
    05-23-17 11:24 AM
    I'd give the BlackBerry KEYone a 9/10.

It's an amazing phone and so far hasn't stuttered once, the battery is absolutely amazing and there finally is a usable keyboard on an android device.

Only things I currently don't like to much is the android notification center (swipe down) which was changed from marshmallow and now is kind of difficult to read on a quick glance and the glossy keyboard which makes your thumbs feel sweaty

Other than that it's an amazing phone and I'm very excited how it fares in the next months!
    Please do tell more, as your Youtube videos are quite great!
    05-24-17 12:06 AM
    9/10 purely because of my 2000+ itunes songs. It's such a hassle transferring. But it's well worth it.
    How'd you do it? Apple music? Or actually transferring lol
    05-24-17 01:39 AM
    The KEYone is a great phone

Why

Looks great , but also feels great in the hand , I used to be a Passport se user (best bb10 phone ever )
    This is like a mini Passport with all the apps

Great battery life, also fantastic build quality, feels like it will last forever...love it
    How did you find adjusting to the screen size?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 06:40 AM
    The screen size was not a problem for me , I really like turning the KEYone horizontal and then scrolling using keyboard ...whole screen no fingers

The keyboard was my worry after the Priv... but no worries, this keyboard is fantastic, ... the phone just gets better the more you learn , add in the Keyone browser through the app store, as near as you ever going to get to my Passport ...brilliant phone
    05-24-17 07:20 AM
    10/10 Great to have a Blackberry keyboard again and even better to hear that Blackberry are to continue with keyboard phones, roll on next year!
    05-24-17 08:03 AM
41 12