OK, now that we have a critical mass of Blackberry fans starting to receive their desired devices, we are in the position of asking one more time: Do you feel that the size of the keyboard is nice? What do you (lucky) guys think after a few days of intense typing?

Thank you!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-12-17 03:55 AM
    I don't think it is small. Considering the fact it is slightly larger than the Priv's keyboard (at least it looks like it!) and just not as tall as the Classic one, typing is very good in my experience.
    I am not sure if I would go so far and say this is the best BlackBerry keyboard yet, but it for sure is one of the best I have tried. At first I was mostly worried about the glossy finish, but it actually helps a lot, feels nice and in person it simply looks better than it does on photos. My main issue is the rather unresponsive capacitive feature of this PKB: Compared to the Priv flicking up words and scrolling through text is not as fluid as it was on their first Android.
    05-12-17 04:51 AM
    I think the keyboard could have been bigger, or at least have had number rows on top. They should have used onscreen navigation buttons and use the space up top for an extra row of keys and making the keys a little taller. But overall typing on it is not bad. Starting to pick up some speed after a couple of days of use.
    05-12-17 06:33 AM
    It's a little cramped... I am adjusting to it though. Only on day 3 with it now so time will tell..
    05-12-17 07:57 AM
    Anyone coming from BB Passport?
    05-12-17 08:53 AM
    I had a Passport until I sold it a few weeks ago but it was rarely used..
    05-12-17 08:58 AM
    I have used most BBRY with PKBs the last couple of years: Bold 9900, Q10, Classic, Passport SE as well as the Priv since Dec. 2015. While I have to agree the Passport had a very spacious keyboard, I simply couldn't really get the flow of that 3-row hybrid design it had to offer. Besides the travel distance between the keys was quite far in comparison. I absolutely don't want to say it was a bad keyboard for my taste, but I always wished the PP could sport a traditional 4-row keyboard.
    I'd say if you are coming from the Passport, regardless being the OG, at&t or SE variant, you'll need some time to adjust to the new keyboard. Coming fresh from the Priv the learning curve was low, within a few hours I could rock those keys just like I learned on the Priv.
    If you are coming from the Q10 you should also be fine, Classic should be ok too - although both offer somewhat taller keys.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-12-17 09:07 AM
    I have a Passport SE . Brilliant phone but lack of apps was just to frustrating...
    Just taken some pictures of the passport to place it on Ebay as the keyone is good enough to replace it
    The Passport felt good in the hand and to me , looked great
    The KEYone is like a mini Passport, the feel is great , excellent build and look
    Only had the KEYone since Monday , great phone
    Tried to replace Passport with Priv . For me , not good enough , poor keyboard , poor build
    Now got Dtek60 for personal, KEYone for business.... Perfect
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    05-12-17 09:09 AM
    I have not held a KEYone yet, but let's stop to think. How tiny was the bold 9700/9780? It feels impossible to type on if I were to pick it up today. However, you adapt. I actually became extremely quick and error free on the 9780.
    05-12-17 10:15 AM
    I don't own a KEYone but just by looking at it, the Priv's physical keyboard is much cramped.
    05-12-17 10:19 AM
    I went from a Torch 9800 to a Passport and the keyboard was much longer but I got used to 3 row of keys, now I'll have to get used to 4 rows again but it doesnt seem to be too bad. I will miss the touch screen shift key and numbers though.
    05-12-17 10:47 AM
    I've used both the Passport and Classic extensively for the last year and a half. It took me only half a day to absolutely fall in love with the KEYone. It's close to perfect.
    antonrr likes this.
    05-12-17 10:53 AM
    Came from the Passport and to me, the Passport was perfect for two handed typing. They K1 is easier for one hand but cramped for two.
    The K1 is far easier for accessing numbers, and far more accurate (for me) than a VKB.
    05-12-17 03:03 PM
    has any BB keyboard had a number row?
    05-12-17 03:22 PM
    Coming from a Bold 9900 I've found the Keyone PKB very good, not hard to adjust at all.
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    05-12-17 03:29 PM
    For me initially at first I kind of felt it was small.. But now after using the device a few days now.. I have gotten used to the size and im typing in blazing speed! I just love the feel of these physical keys. Totally different from the priv keypad.
    05-12-17 03:37 PM
    I agree with a lot of the others on here. Not my 'best' BB PKB typing experience, but not far off!! It's certainly up there with it!! Have adjusted nicely and the keys feel good to to quality and tight! Wrote a very, very lengthy email on it yesterday. Was about 25 minutes of typing! Worked really well!! Back up to speed and accuracy on it now.
    Snap51 likes this.
    05-12-17 03:41 PM
    I agree with a lot of the others on here. Not my 'best' BB PKB typing experience, but not far off!! It's certainly up there with it!! Have adjusted nicely and the keys feel good to to quality and tight! Wrote a very, very lengthy email on it yesterday. Was about 25 minutes of typing! Worked really well!! Back up to speed and accuracy on it now.
    Curious about the usability of email here: do you still feel any need for writing and answering emails on a laptop? Or no need at all? Plus, do you use the Hub? Or Gmail app? If both, which one is better?
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-12-17 04:14 PM
    I have a Passport SE . Brilliant phone but lack of apps was just to frustrating...
    Just taken some pictures of the passport to place it on Ebay as the keyone is good enough to replace it
    The Passport felt good in the hand and to me , looked great
    The KEYone is like a mini Passport, the feel is great , excellent build and look
    Only had the KEYone since Monday , great phone
    Tried to replace Passport with Priv . For me , not good enough , poor keyboard , poor build
    Now got Dtek60 for personal, KEYone for business.... Perfect
    Totally agree. I also have the Passport Silver Edition and Keyone and agree the Keyone is a mini Passport.
    05-12-17 04:16 PM
    OK, now that we have a critical mass of Blackberry fans starting to receive their desired devices, we are in the position of asking one more time: Do you feel that the size of the keyboard is nice? What do you (lucky) guys think after a few days of intense typing?

Thank you!
    I am 6'1" with big hands and never had any problem with Priv KB, so no issue with Keyone

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    antonrr likes this.
    05-12-17 04:28 PM
    Curious about the usability of email here: do you still feel any need for writing and answering emails on a laptop? Or no need at all? Plus, do you use the Hub? Or Gmail app? If both, which one is better?
    I haven't written an e-mail on my laptop (personal and work) or on my work desktop since owning the KEYone... Just so easy to do...

I use the outlook app for e-mail a the moment... I am experimenting with the HUB turned off. Going to do a month with it off and a month with it on to see what the actual difference in my productivity and access to information really is...

Since owning the KEYone, I have trialled doing my 'laptop stuff' on it. (I do this will all new phones to see how productive I am on it.) In my humble opinion you can't replace a laptop / desktop completely, but with the KEYone... It comes mightily close to being a replacement!! Has handled everything I have thrown at it. Documents / spreadsheets (Can be fiddly due to small screen, but I feel the same about these on tablets) PDFs... All on there.... Going fine at the moment!
    Tim-ANC and jacobacevedog like this.
    05-12-17 04:56 PM
    Look at the end of the day it's how much you get used to and train muscle memory.

I have fairly big hands but I'm pretty happy using it. The learning curve isn't as huge as BlackBerry Passport but then after we got used to that phone, it looked natural.

So yeah, it's pretty ok. Nothing fits natural with physical keys unless you get used to it. It's like placement of fingerprint sensors on any device, people complain at the beginning but then say it feels natural to where they are.
    05-12-17 05:10 PM
    I haven't written an e-mail on my laptop (personal and work) or on my work desktop since owning the KEYone... Just so easy to do...

I use the outlook app for e-mail a the moment... I am experimenting with the HUB turned off. Going to do a month with it off and a month with it on to see what the actual difference in my productivity and access to information really is...

Since owning the KEYone, I have trialled doing my 'laptop stuff' on it. (I do this will all new phones to see how productive I am on it.) In my humble opinion you can't replace a laptop / desktop completely, but with the KEYone... It comes mightily close to being a replacement!! Has handled everything I have thrown at it. Documents / spreadsheets (Can be fiddly due to small screen, but I feel the same about these on tablets) PDFs... All on there.... Going fine at the moment!
    Great to hear that! You have also mentioned docs and spreadsheet on the Keyone. So my question is: Is 'docs to go' whether built in or installed, as good as that on bb10 on productivity? With the mighty play store, are you using different apps on productivity? Thanks!
    05-12-17 05:29 PM
    Great to hear that! You have also mentioned docs and spreadsheet on the Keyone. So my question is: Is 'docs to go' whether built in or installed, as good as that on bb10 on productivity? With the mighty play store, are you using different apps on productivity? Thanks!
    I've always liked docs to go. I am now using Microsoft Office Apps on the KEYone. They run absolutely fine... I can't remember the BB10 Docs to Go App layout to be honest, but can't imagine it being much different to the Android ones...
    05-12-17 05:36 PM
    I've always liked docs to go. I am now using Microsoft Office Apps on the KEYone. They run absolutely fine... I can't remember the BB10 Docs to Go App layout to be honest, but can't imagine it being much different to the Android ones...
    So, the Keyone must be a great tool...almost everything works fine.
    05-12-17 05:39 PM
60 123