With my old Blackberry, I would plug it into my desktop, drag and drop files back and forth into "music" or "media" or "photos" or whatever, and everything was hunky-dory.

With my new Keyone, I plug it into my desktop. It says, "Installing device driver software", but it's not able to find any device driver software. If I'm lucky, tells me to load the disk that came with the device, and of course, it didn't come with a disk. And when I cancel it, I can't see any of the sub-folders for my phone... it's just a big blank drive.

I don't have wifi at my house. Doing that kind of stuff on data eats up data I don't have to spare. I just want to use wires to transfer files back and forth.

The Blackberry Smartphone Support website doesn't have any information about drivers when I search. Any suggestions?

==edit==
    b1mmuo, I'm on AT&T. I click on "open file" as normal when it recognizes the phone plugged in, and it knows enough to call it a Blackberry Keyone BBB100-1, but the drive itself is empty.

conite, thank you for the link! I went to install it, and I get a fatal error during installation. When I look at the log, it tells me "failed to install MSI package". Reading up on that...
    Last edited by midorii; 06-27-17 at 10:45 PM.
    06-27-17 09:14 PM
    I do that too plug it in my desktop. Then I get 3 options what to do including photos or documents. I have no problem even with music. What carrier are you with?
    midorii likes this.
    06-27-17 09:19 PM
    06-27-17 09:44 PM
    Closed everything out, restarted computer, tried to install fresh. This time it said it was successful, but the bottom corner of my screen keeps cycling the "Installing device driver software" message that it's been cycling ever since I first tried to look for drivers, and the folder is still blank when I try to "open file" when it senses the phone is plugged in.
    06-27-17 11:12 PM
    Closed everything out, restarted computer, tried to install fresh. This time it said it was successful, but the bottom corner of my screen keeps cycling the "Installing device driver software" message that it's been cycling ever since I first tried to look for drivers, and the folder is still blank when I try to "open file" when it senses the phone is plugged in.
    Pull down from the top and select file transfer instead of charging.
    06-27-17 11:13 PM
    You might want to consider an SD card and an SD card USB plug then. Sounds like you're having some serious issues installing drivers.

if you're just moving music and photos back and forth, that's probably the way to go. keeps them safe too in case the phone breaks, your photos are on the sd
    midorii likes this.
    06-27-17 11:18 PM
    Ahhh! That was it, conite. I looked on my phone and pulled a message from the pull-down screen: "Your device is in charge only mode". I was able to switch it over to "charge and data", and then my computer had no problems finding the inner folders.

I really appreciate everyone's help, thank you.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    06-27-17 11:35 PM
    Pull down from the top and select file transfer instead of charging.
    Found this thread after running into the same problem. Thank you so much for this!!
    09-04-17 11:45 PM