so we have 2 BIG HOLES on the top front. The left one is the camera, ok. And the right one? Just a rgb led? Or just a sensor? Impossibile, I hope.

BlackBerry KEYone Specifications says:

- 8MP front camera with flash

A flash is a led flash, not some white lcd lighten up. Othewise it will be VERY akward from BB, not because the lack of flash itself but for a poor-man solution on a supposed flagship.
    The hardware has to be final at this stage, we are expecting it on street in few weeks.
    03-21-17 08:21 PM
    so we have 2 BIG HOLES on the top front. The left one is the camera, ok. And the right one? Just a rgb led? Or just a sensor? Impossibile, I hope.

A flash is a led flash, not some white lcd lighten up. Othewise it will be VERY akward from BB, not because the lack of flash itself but for a poor-man solution on a supposed flagship.
    The hardware has to be final at this stage, we are expecting it on street in few weeks.
    LED, proximity and light sensor.

The screen for flash imo is brilliant. Much better lighting for a selfie than a LED flash.
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-21-17 08:28 PM
    a bit poor if not stereo as I'd expect it to, for a premium product, have stereo. I think they used the term premium.

does it say on the spec sheet it is stereo? I couldn't find it on there.
    It's not a "Premium "phone but instead a midrange workhorse.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-21-17 09:45 PM
    Moderator's Note:
    Thread title made more relevant.
    03-21-17 09:58 PM

Here's what I see: "Light-up LCD Flash"

http://www.blackberrymobile.com/specifications.html
    03-21-17 10:54 PM
    Moderator's Note:
    Thread title made more relevant.
    Another moderator's note...
    Yours sux too
    03-21-17 10:55 PM
    Another moderator's note...
    Yours sux too
    WARNING: It's starting to get personal in here! Try to keep each other's mothers out of it!!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-21-17 11:47 PM
    WARNING: It's starting to get personal in here! Try to keep each other's mothers out of it!!!
    It's our father we're unsure of.
    03-21-17 11:49 PM
    thread title suggestion:
    more stuff from slagman5

Or

slagman5 told me

Straight from slagman5

Slagman5 talks straight

Edit
    Straight talk with slagman5

Anyway, all in jest, cos I quite like the current title, lol ... 😁😎
    Last edited by Heavens1; 03-22-17 at 05:02 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-22-17 12:03 AM
    I actually like Slag's title. He even mentioned "not all negative" in the title.

The way he title reads now, it looks like Slag is going to bash the K1.
    03-22-17 04:53 AM
    I actually like Slag's title. He even mentioned "not all negative" in the title.

He might bash something

Run Elite1, run!
    03-22-17 06:32 AM

It's a sensor array...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-22-17 07:02 AM
    He might bash something

Run Elite1, run!
    Only you, lol. :-P

BigBadWulf and jakie55 like this.
    03-22-17 07:04 AM
    Indeed.
    The point he made about K1 not being inferior in clickiness to the Classic has more weight IMO than the front flash and stereo speakers possible issues.
    03-22-17 07:04 AM
    Only you, lol. :-P

If you saw some of my suggestions, after the title change...

My one serious suggestion however, "KEYone negatives? Let's debate!", I think is a winner.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-22-17 07:16 AM
    How about 'Nothing's Perfect".
    anon(3641385), FF22 and jakie55 like this.
    03-22-17 09:14 AM
    I thought the new iPhone uses the screen to flash when doing selfies right? So KEYone does the same.
    03-22-17 09:32 AM
    I thought the new iPhone uses the screen to flash when doing selfies right? So KEYone does the same.
    Yes, and it's clearly stated in the specifications for the Front Camera on the BlackBerry Mobile website: "Light-up LCD Flash" (the whole LCD screen not an LED light).
    03-22-17 10:00 AM

My one serious suggestion however, "KEYone negatives? Let's debate!", I think is a winner.
    Better would've been no change at all. There was no problem with the thread title as it was. If mods are going to change titles on a whim it's going to become hard to keep up with what's new and what's not.
    03-22-17 10:15 AM

That's a good one. I just meant that you are the only person I want to bash, lol.

03-22-17 10:44 AM
    They aren't basic, but the manufacturers realize, having stereo sound with speakers inches apart, is not a selling feature. If it was, you'd see them make it so, and promote it.
    True enough, most will take quality over quantity...but when manufacturers put in dual grilles as to create an impression of dual speakers (like the Classic) and there is nothing but empty space behind it...its more than just tacky, it oozes cheapness.
    03-22-17 11:26 AM
    True enough, most will take quality over quantity...but when manufacturers put in dual grilles as to create an impression of dual speakers (like the Classic) and there is nothing but empty space behind it...its more than just tacky, it oozes cheapness.
    My understanding that one of the two openings at the bottom of the Classic is used for the speaker and the other is used for the microphone, just like a number of other phones with a USB connector between two openings at the bottom.
    03-22-17 11:33 AM
    Possibly for the noise cancelation microphone.
    03-22-17 12:03 PM
    Possibly for the noise cancelation microphone.
    When I opened my Classic up I didn't any reason why they could not have squeezed in a speaker there...looked like there was plenty of room. Maybe its just a personal peeve but when I played audio or used the speakerphone on the Classic and audio was clearly coming from one side I found it really annoying...especially given that it had dual grilles.
    03-22-17 12:11 PM
    When I opened my Classic up I didn't any reason why they could not have squeezed in a speaker there...looked like there was plenty of room. Maybe its just a personal peeve but when I played audio or used the speakerphone on the Classic and audio was clearly coming from one side I found it really annoying...especially given that it had dual grilles.
    as for audio, it is not any space you can stuck a speaker, you need to worry about antenna, interference, etc. etc. Resolving Interference Problems || Audio-Technica US
    BigBadWulf and FF22 like this.
    03-22-17 01:36 PM
137 ... 23456