I'm sorry our friends from across the pond, I feel your pain I really do but being three whole days away from KEYOne delivery is grim enough.

I've been pretty annoyed by the lack of reviews or first impression videos on YouTube for me to feast on to pass the now 70 odd hours before I get my hands on the thing.

I've got the ring and a screen protector ready, just need a phone now. I still feel dirty from having left BB at Priv for OnePlus after being a forever Blackberry guy, but looking forward to being back.

I will miss the dual SIM on OnePlus 3 though although that might contribute to a better work life balance!

Good luck to the fellow 5th Mayers in getting through the next few days and for the guys across the pond, we are here for you! (albeit slightly smugly)
    05-02-17 04:47 AM
    I hope we are still smug on 6 May.......
    05-02-17 04:53 AM
    Where did you get the screen protector from?
    I also pre ordered from CPW. Let's hope it arrives in advance!!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 05:04 AM
    I've ordered from CPW for 5th may. But still checking Selfridges incase anymore stock comes in and will order for next day. Hopefully their site will change at some point today.

The wait is killing me!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 05:14 AM
    just wondering, did the early release sold out? or there is any difference between the early release version vs CPW? (like CDMA vs GSM)? does selfbridge, what ever that calls have limited store coverage in UK? (location thing so you have to buy from CPW instead)?
    05-02-17 05:31 AM
    Can't wait for mine too. It's been mad torture.
    05-02-17 05:54 AM
    I'll find out where got the protector from, it was Germany somewhere.

I ordered really early (before they announced) and I've been told mine will despatch on 4th and be here on the 5th. Brutal wait
    05-02-17 06:29 AM
    just wondering, did the early release sold out? or there is any difference between the early release version vs CPW? (like CDMA vs GSM)? does selfbridge, what ever that calls have limited store coverage in UK? (location thing so you have to buy from CPW instead)?
    No, none at all just phased stock. Certainly no coverage difference in the UK. Carphone warehouse will do the contract deals when they become available too where I imagine Selfridges will simply continue to sim free
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-02-17 06:31 AM
    So my experience of going into CPW today to see if they had a display model...the shop was totally empty, I asked if they had one...girl looked blank and said they didn't sell blackberrys...she turned to her colleague who then said they may have one to look at tomorrow, when I asked what time, he replied I don't know we are very busy u know, so when I said it sounds like u don't want to sell one, he said they would definitely have one out tomorrow

*shakes head and walks off*
    05-02-17 01:07 PM
    So my experience of going into CPW today to see if they had a display model...the shop was totally empty, I asked if they had one...girl looked blank and said they didn't sell blackberrys...she turned to her colleague who then said they may have one to look at tomorrow, when I asked what time, he replied I don't know we are very busy u know, so when I said it sounds like u don't want to sell one, he said they would definitely have one out tomorrow

I was a bit annoyed too that given they had priority as a UK phone retailer they didn't even had it in the banner section on their site. You had to search KEYone
    05-02-17 01:33 PM

Sorry for this experience.

It's annoying as my experience of CPW has only been the one I work in which if I do say so myself, we're very helpful.

And we all love tech and phones. So when something new comes in we all get very excited and know if there's one in the back for people to look at.

I went to the Trafford centre one on Friday night to upgrade my partners phone. They were alright but could have done more for us as customers I felt.

Shame that some of them give the whole brand a bad name.
    05-02-17 02:03 PM

I assumed CPW wouldn't be selling in store and that it would only be available online.

I remember no retailers in Manchester sold the Priv, none had display models, most of the staff laughed when I asked about it, with the typical "Blackberry? Do they even still make those things? Here, look at this Fisher Price iPhone instead", yet most of their online stores sold the Priv online, but their staff were clueless.

It's seen as too much of a niche for them to sell in store.

I could be wrong, but I assumed the KeyOne would be the same, barring the promotional launch in Selfridges.
    05-02-17 02:06 PM
    Sorry for this experience.

It's annoying as my experience of CPW has only been the one I work in which if I do say so myself, we're very helpful.

And we all love tech and phones. So when something new comes in we all get very excited and know if there's one in the back for people to look at.

I went to the Trafford centre one on Friday night to upgrade my partners phone. They were alright but could have done more for us as customers I felt.

Shame that some of them give the whole brand a bad name.
    No need to apologise, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have known they were getting them in, I kind of got the impression they already had a display model but couldn't be bothered to put it out, it was just annoying that obv they didn't know I had already ordered one and if I had an option I would have bought else where
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-02-17 02:11 PM
    I assumed CPW wouldn't be selling in store and that it would only be available online.

I remember no retailers in Manchester sold the Priv, none had display models, most of the staff laughed when I asked about it, with the typical "Blackberry? Do they even still make those things? Here, look at this Fisher Price iPhone instead", yet most of their online stores sold the Priv online, but their staff were clueless.

It's seen as too much of a niche for them to sell in store.

I could be wrong, but I assumed the KeyOne would be the same, barring the promotional launch in Selfridges.
    Aneres11 who replied above works part time at CPW and advised shops were getting display models in, otherwise I would have assumed they wouldn't have got them in either
    Aneres11 likes this.
    05-02-17 02:14 PM
    CPW were also the sole high street retailers for the Priv & to be fair they did take out full page ads in the London daily papers. Given the greater buzz around the Keyone, I'd expect to see the same this Friday and next week.
    The phone department at Selfridges Oxford Street is a CPW concession and the guys there know their BlackBerries - when I was there a few months back one of them knew all about the proposed Mercury (as the Keyone was then).
    I don't know how many CPW stores stocked the Priv, but I tried it out in a couple of the larger London stores.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    05-02-17 02:22 PM
    Despatch day tomorrow, it's been such a painful wait! I am very glad CPW used DPD to deliver, easily the best carrier and give a specific window on the morning
    05-03-17 04:11 AM
    DPD is always good for the 1hr slot. Shame my slot at work is always 1635 to 1735!
    05-03-17 04:15 AM
    It was the same for me with CPW when the priv came out. Went to see the display model and the seller just laughed in my face when I asked if they have a working one I can see,not just the display dummy and suggested I look at her brand new samsung she just got. I almost told her where to go. I hate people who try to push you into buying iPhones or Samsung when you specifically ask for another phone.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport SE.
    05-03-17 04:25 AM
    They have about four live models inside Selfridges and the sales guy has one unconnected so you can handle it without the security attachments. I'm still loving mine, had it for 4 days now and still not put it down much!
    05-03-17 04:40 AM
    Eagerly anticipating the email to tell me it is shipping. Quite excited? Just a bit...
    05-03-17 05:29 AM
    I got conflicting messages when I ordered mine (on Monday). At one point it said 5th, the other it said collection on the 6th. I guess I'll find out shortly.

Preferred going down the order online route as CPW give you 14 days where you can return the phone (even if its used) for refund in case I don't like it. It was a toss up between the Key One and an S8 with the keyboard cover for me, I went and saw the Key One in person and liked it. What swung it was that battery live and PKB are the most important factors so BB it was, additional to that the S8 with the keyboard cover is £240 more than the Key One.
    05-03-17 05:43 AM
    I was going to ring the nearest store and see if they knew when they would be getting it, as I still have a nagging doubt about the 5 May delivery date.

But, when I looked it up, it was an 08435 number. That's a premium rate number and, according to an area codes website, 'Most reputable companies have stopped using 0843 numbers for enquiries' -
    they're even forbidden by law from using them for post-sales customer service. Tells me what I need to know about CPW, then.......
    05-03-17 05:45 AM
    Not sure where you looked, number is 0370 111 6565
    05-03-17 06:16 AM
    My friend who works for carphonewarehouse in swansea just told me they still have none in.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 06:29 AM
    I've found the cheshire oaks carphone warehouse very efficient, helpful and not too busy.
    05-03-17 06:45 AM
109 123 ...