Now that so many of you have a KEYone on your hands, could somebody please confirm this?
    Thanks!
    04-27-17 09:52 AM
    And RGB LED too ??
    Sean Flaherty likes this.
    04-27-17 10:49 AM
    Does no one (or very few) ever consider looking at the manual (on-line or hard copy) instead of asking here?

Q10 SQN 100-1 on 10.3.2.2474
    04-27-17 10:56 AM
    The speaker is not stereo, it has been stated many times. 1 speaker 2 grills.
    04-27-17 11:02 AM
    The speaker is not stereo, it has been stated many times. 1 speaker 2 grills.
    But those weren't production units.
    stanfordprof likes this.
    04-27-17 11:13 AM
    But those weren't production units.
    But it was confirmed with the new devices out in UK.
    04-27-17 11:20 AM
    But it was confirmed with the new devices out in UK.
    But that makes me sad...
    mister2d and Barbareren like this.
    04-27-17 11:34 AM
    But that makes me sad...
    Didn't bother me on Classic, won't bother me with KEYone either.

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    04-27-17 11:56 AM
    Didn't bother me on Classic, won't bother me with KEYone either.

They advertised stereo speakers though. I was hoping it would have it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-27-17 11:59 AM
    No they didn't.
    04-27-17 12:07 PM
    No they didn't.
    Yes they did. ;-)

04-27-17 12:10 PM
    Lmao...

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 12:14 PM
    They don't anymore though, but at one point it was said that it did... Unless I'm mistaken, but I do remember it being claimed by BB Mobile at some point.

04-27-17 12:15 PM
    Think this calls for popcorn and beer 🍺
    04-27-17 12:16 PM

Well then that would make two things TCL lied to us about lol!

04-27-17 12:18 PM
    As I have said several times, if people want good sound there's lots of options out there.

Personally I don't care if it's only 1 speaker with 2 grills because I can already see that it will be beneficial. My S7 Edge has 1 speaker and 1 grill and because of how my car dock works half the speaker is covered up but with the KEYone at least there's a speaker on the other side so I will still hear some sound.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-27-17 12:22 PM
    As I have said several times, if people want good sound there's lots of options out there.

Personally I don't care if it's only 1 speaker with 2 grills because I can already see that it will be beneficial. My S7 Edge has 1 speaker and 1 grill and because of how my car dock works half the speaker is covered up but with the KEYone at least there's a speaker on the other side so I will still hear some sound.
    Not trying to sound rude but why would you use the phone speaker if your in your car?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 12:25 PM
    Even with today's UK speaker test, it's still not clear whether there is one or two speakers at the bottom. We know there are two openings, but one could be just for the microphone.

There is of course also a speaker at the top, but all indications are that it is only used as the phone call earpiece, unlike the DTEKs which also use it for the second media speaker.
    04-27-17 12:28 PM
    Not trying to sound rude but why would you use the phone speaker if your in your car?

Posted via CB10
    Usually for navigation, usually listen to the cars radio and like to have the voice navigation coming from the speaker of the device. It's just a little harder to hear since part of the speaker is blocked.
    04-27-17 12:28 PM
    Well then that would make two things TCL lied to us about lol!

Well I can't find it now, there's a chance I'm mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time, haha.

04-27-17 01:32 PM
    Can anyone tell if it's atleast similar to Passport Speakers?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 02:12 PM
    I CAN CONFIRM with 100% CERTAINTY the following: The right grille IS a speaker. The left grille is NOT. (Same as on the Classic). This was ascertained by myself at Selfridges by playing music at full volume, covering the left grille and in turn the right grille. There was no change in loudness with finger over the left grille. But a massive reduction with finger over right grille. So with sound only coming out of a single speaker, it is therefore not stereo, despite certain web pages saying otherwise.

Now I appreciate why BB employees and promoters might try not to mention this fact as they fear people may view it as a big negative. However, as a consumer, I do take a very dim view when companies refuse to respond to a simple question when asked directly (on forums and on Twitter) about the specification of their product and somehow try to hide the facts. KeyOne may well have very good sound in spite of this, like the Classic, but it is NOT STEREO. If prospective buyers feel the need to have this point clarified, they deserve a straight answer, not silence, or 'buy one to find out'.
    The 90-page instruction manual incidentally does not mention the speakers either.
    MyriadeCoh, Bure03 and Uzi like this.
    04-29-17 11:39 AM
    I CAN CONFIRM with 100% CERTAINTY the following: The right grille IS a speaker. The left grille is NOT. (Same as on the Classic). This was ascertained by myself at Selfridges by playing music at full volume, covering the left grille and in turn the right grille. There was no change in loudness with finger over the left grille. But a massive reduction with finger over right grille. So with sound only coming out of a single speaker, it is therefore not stereo, despite certain web pages saying otherwise. ...
    Thanks. Unlike most of the other speaker tests I've read about yours was definitive. What you didn't mention though is that the you should still have stereo sound when you use headphones or an external speakers which can be confirmed by using this test:

anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-29-17 02:39 PM
    Thanks. Unlike most of the other speaker tests I've read about yours was definitive. What you didn't mention though is that the you should still have stereo sound when you use headphones or an external speakers which can be confirmed by using this test:

Okay, point taken. But then I would expect stereo sound from plugging headphones / ext'l speakers into a potato
    04-29-17 02:51 PM
    This was one of the most "useful" replies I've experienced on this forum, although there have been a few. It was Simplisticly effective in giving a solution to a question.
    Big Thanks to BB-Jam215

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    04-29-17 03:40 PM
97 123 ...